Funny events in anti-woke world

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
1705542884902.png

Google, and toxic positivity. Why can't Google provide me with a search result that addresses the basis of my search? I didn't even state that MOST metrics are getting worse I stated SOME metrics are getting worse.

Search query: why is the world getting worse on some metrics

Attachments

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Search query: why is the world getting worse on some metrics
adding 'on some metrics' is going to include a bunch of shit that you evidently don't want because it's a phrase that can be used in both the improving and degrading cases. try trimming it down. it'll still probably give you all the bullshit you're objecting to, but it won't have as much of an excuse.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Your search results are partially based on your internet history.

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
It just seems like ChatGPT 4 and 3.5 is better in every way possible.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
It just seems like ChatGPT 4 and 3.5 is better in every way possible.
Fundamentally, the main interest of search engines is not so much finding what you want to see, but showing you what they want you to see. AI is just a more sophisticated way to do that.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Again, I didn't read the article, I'm talking about generally, you'll always have institutional racism. I bet if I went to an Asian country that's like 90+% Asian, I'd run into institutional racism even though I doubt people were genuinely racist. The far-right doesn't cause institutional racism, it's a normal human tendency. Thus, some place with institutional racism isn't because of the far-right.
"I didn't read the article but definitely know better about the subject of it".

It almost passed in Minnesota and it wasn't people on the right voting for it.
Oh, you mean the Minneapolis initiative, which (while termed 'defund the police') actually aimed to.... rename it, shift some funding, and transfer where the oversight rested?

As long as it's not unlawful and a valid interpretation.
Ah yes, of course. But you know that in a lot of decisions, a basis can be found for pretty much any result if you really stretch and twist some definitions. That's what they do: utilise whatever interpretation best suits their political inclination, even if better and more solid rationales exist.

much faster than that. are you drunk?
Strange, considering people have already been voting third party for dozens of electoral cycles, and it hasn't shifted the pointer an inch. Any day now!

Ah, though it did hand the Florida and Nevada governorships to the Republicans, bringing abortion restrictions, voting rights infringements, blocks to migrant housing etc.

Last edited:

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
A particularly funny event in anti woke world involves the Russian nationalist Igor Girkin. He's the mastermind behind Russian forces shooting down a passenger plane and murdering nearly 300 civilians. An event Russia has never apologized for.

Igor Girkin has been arrested and send to jail...by Russia. Not by the Netherlands, not by Ukraine and not because he murdered tons of civilians. Instead Girkin got arrested by the fascist regime he served because they considered his criticism unwelcome.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Be warned, the following is NSFL

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Whether or not, the far right is extremely bad news in terms of institutional racism. Not least because it will encourage individuals in organisations to be more racist, and institutional racism derives in very large part from personal racism of individuals within the institution.
Institutional racism started a long time ago in any organization and had nothing to do with the far-right.

"I didn't read the article but definitely know better about the subject of it".

Oh, you mean the Minneapolis initiative, which (while termed 'defund the police') actually aimed to.... rename it, shift some funding, and transfer where the oversight rested?

Ah yes, of course. But you know that in a lot of decisions, a basis can be found for pretty much any result if you really stretch and twist some definitions. That's what they do: utilise whatever interpretation best suits their political inclination, even if better and more solid rationales exist.
Institutional racism wasn't started by the far-right...

The initiative literally would have replaced the police department...

The liberal interpretation for Roe was worse than the conservatives interpretation based on legality.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Institutional racism started a long time ago in any organization and had nothing to do with the far-right.
Institutional racism is born of racism. The far right are racists. Therefore the far right will promote institutional racism.

Arguing that institutional racism predates the far right may be true, but is at the same time a bizarrely, utterly pointless claim. Who cares? It tells us absolutely nothing whatsoever useful about institutional racism, or the potential challenges posed to organisations when colonised by the far right.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Institutional racism wasn't started by the far-right...
Irrelevant non-argument. It's extremely prevalent among the far-right, and you know this-- you're just deflecting.

The initiative literally would have replaced the police department...
...with a law-enforcement agency with the same role, but a different name and oversight.

The liberal interpretation for Roe was worse than the conservatives interpretation based on legality.
Well not really. The SCOTUS justices have used much, much worse reasoning themselves for other decisions, when it suited their political inclinations. The only reason you think this is because you have an odd sympathy for the authoritarian right.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Institutional racism is born of racism. The far right are racists. Therefore the far right will promote institutional racism.

Arguing that institutional racism predates the far right may be true, but is at the same time a bizarrely, utterly pointless claim. Who cares? It tells us absolutely nothing whatsoever useful about institutional racism, or the potential challenges posed to organisations when colonised by the far right.
It's not born out of racism, it's normal human psychology to be fearful of those different (whether race or not). You can't really promote institutional racism when it started/created long ago and not by the far-right. I bet anyone not Asian would face institutional racism in Japan for example, and it ain't because the Japanese are inherently racist or some far-right Japanese groups either.

Irrelevant non-argument. It's extremely prevalent among the far-right, and you know this-- you're just deflecting.

...with a law-enforcement agency with the same role, but a different name and oversight.

Well not really. The SCOTUS justices have used much, much worse reasoning themselves for other decisions, when it suited their political inclinations. The only reason you think this is because you have an odd sympathy for the authoritarian right.
Far-right is racist but they didn't create said structures that cause institutional racism.

It would've created chaos and people would've had no chance of getting the amount of cops they are supposed to have because the police requirement per 1,000 citizens would be wiped from the charter. And it's hilarious that they would send mental health professionals instead of police out to calls. And again, the black community didn't want the amendment to pass, it was basically white people trying to tell black people what was best.

The original Roe decision made no fucking sense. Why would someone getting an abortion at week 15 be protected by privacy but not at week 30? Is the baby bump too big and public at week 30 to be protected by privacy? It literally made no sense.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
It's not born out of racism, it's normal human psychology to be fearful of those different (whether race or not).
When you talk about people having an anxiety-based adverse reaction to difference, you are explaining a theory for why people might be racist. I have no idea how you think that people somehow get from fearing difference to institutional racism completely bypassing racism. Actually, I do very much have an idea how, it's just not going to be constructive for me to say it.

You can't really promote institutional racism when it started/created long ago and not by the far-right.
Yeah. Perhaps you've missed the replies to this from me and Silvanus: it doesn't matter.

Silvanus and I are against racism and institutional racism, especially in organisations with the sorts of authority that the police can wield. Far right policemen are incredibly obviously likely to increase racism and institutional racism in the police. It does not matter a jot who started institutional racism: it's completely irrelevant.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Far-right is racist but they didn't create said structures that cause institutional racism.
They didn't create the Metropolitan Police, and thus we can't say they're prominent within the Metropolitan Police? That's what you're going with?

It would've created chaos and people would've had no chance of getting the amount of cops they are supposed to have because the police requirement per 1,000 citizens would be wiped from the charter. And it's hilarious that they would send mental health professionals instead of police out to calls. And again, the black community didn't want the amendment to pass, it was basically white people trying to tell black people what was best.
Not really interested in your catastrophising opinions on the measure. It wasn't going to leave the area without law enforcement, as you seemed to be implying; it was essentially just a reform of the police. And it didn't even pass. So 'defund the police' is not a rational reason to avoid the Democratic Party.

Edit: to be clear, there are dozens of legitimate reasons to avoid the Democratic Party. None of them include an excess of progressivism.

The original Roe decision made no fucking sense. Why would someone getting an abortion at week 15 be protected by privacy but not at week 30? Is the baby bump too big and public at week 30 to be protected by privacy? It literally made no sense.
Uh-huh. Yet the justices have employed rationale just as flimsy, or more flimsy still, for their own decisions on other cases. It doesn't depend on the strongest reading of the law-- it depends on their political leaning.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008

Oklahoma banning furries in schools. But "engage in anthropomorphic behavior", isn't that walking on two legs? 🤔
Ha, i like the part with "... animal control services shall be contacted to remove the student"
I would seriously think about passing this ill-worded, weird law just for that. Just think about it: Having the police force an animal control worker to snare and cage a young boy in a fox-suit while the teachers look helplessly on.

Fox: "I am not a person... i am a wild ANIMAL. Yiffing free"

Teachers: "No you are not, Danny, you are a confused little boy.... please we are here for you"

Police: "Well, if he is a boy. We can taze him... hm, maybe shoot him. Is he black underneath the suit?"

Animal Control guy: "Ummm... what the fuck is going on? Why am i doing this? HELP ME"

Oh man. Why can't life be a bad comedy? (Instead of a horrible dramedy)

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Looking like another win for the doohickey

You know, way back when, the Japanese government had a growing communist party that was set to be a major second party until its leader got assassinated on live TV, after which it crumbled into nothing. Maybe there's a cultural reaction to "well, if he's shit enough someone killed him over it, maybe they actually suck", like a failure cascade