Funny events in anti-woke world

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Right, cause you know what's worse than pretending correlation = causation? Pretending events happened that didn't, and pretending things didn't happen that did.

You all don't like Trump, so you imagine bad things happening during Trump. Completely imaginary things went terribly wrong because of his mean, mean rhetoric. That's not just a logical fallacy, it's actual delusions.
"Actual delusion" is blaming someone for something that happened when there's zero causative link between them, as you've done.

Everything I listed genuinely did happen-- is not seriously disputed-- and has a credible link to Trump's actions.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
How can you rationalize Trump's presidency as a destabilizing foreign policy? Like, I'm not here to claim Donald Trump was achieving world peace, or if his policies have unique responsibility for the state of the world at large...
... and yet you go on to sort of imply that. I mean, by your reasoning, I guess FDR and Lincoln were truly appalling presidents - those wars that went down on their watch, eh?

Trump decided on a radical new direction in foreign policy - aggressive, nationalist - and this caused significant disturbance: trade wars, arguments with allies, etc. Trump's administration had some wins in this area, in the sense of getting some stuff done. However, did this get short-term benefits for long-term costs - countries that trust the USA less and reducing its influence? Plus the jury's out on whether a lot of them will have successful long-term outcomes. For instance, Trump's administration decided to decisively reimagine Middle East policy, particularly regarding Israel-Palestine and Iran. But to view the current conflict and catastrophe, hard questions have to be asked about whether it delivered improvements.

You see a lot of social discontent and anger because you can only read what the news tells you
I don't think social discontent is just whether people pour out onto the streets for demonstrations and riots.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Sow. Reap. Other agricultural terms.
They couldn't have just moved to fucking Oklahoma? Jesus Christ! 🤣

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So much for "American pride", when it comes to people like them. I feel bad for the kids and that's all they're going to get. By the way, does no one do research on the place they're moving to? You think the parents would have done that.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
"I'm so sick of this woke nonsense! Let's move to where we're considered 'woke'!"

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
... and yet you go on to sort of imply that. I mean, by your reasoning, I guess FDR and Lincoln were truly appalling presidents - those wars that went down on their watch, eh?
You know that wasn't my point. The presence or absence of war doesn't necessarily determine the effect of a president, but that doesn't mean you get to just say whatever you feel like and it's true. You need a reason to declare him destabilizing, and it just isn't there. By the measures of international peace, Trump's presidency rivaled that of Jimmy Carter.
However, did this get short-term benefits for long-term costs - countries that trust the USA less and reducing its influence?
Sounds to me like short-term benefits for long-term benefits. Too much trust is complacency, the world could do better for themselves than just following American influence, and the US itself is incentivized to be a better nation when others don't automatically follow.
I don't think social discontent is just whether people pour out onto the streets for demonstrations and riots.
It's not the only measure, but it certainly is one.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Everything I listed genuinely did happen-- is not seriously disputed-- and has a credible link to Trump's actions.
Some of what you listed is bold interpretation of events, most of what you listed isn't destabilizing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Go hide at your cousin or your sister's place you cowardly biatch.

As I recall, Rittenhouse's name was revealed by... Rittenhouse when he did an interview with the Daily Caller.
He seemed to be awfully proud of his name being out there until the checks stopped rolling in
He's still facing that lawsuit too. It's funny how people who claimed to be "with him all the way!" abandoned him, because he tried sucking up to BLM (Proud Boys, Neo-Nazis, KKK, etc.), or because they would look bad sticking up for him when legal consequences finally came knocking (the police).

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So much for "American pride", when it comes to people like them. I feel bad for the kids and that's all they're going to get. By the way, does no one do research on the place they're moving to? You think the parents would have done that.
The parents then went on to publicly criticize Russia despite their precarious position, so you know, not the brightest tools in the shed.

Reactions: BrawlMan

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The parents then went on to publicly criticize Russia despite their precarious position, so you know, not the brightest tools in the shed.
Correction: one parent did and the other immediately issued a public apology

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Some of what you listed is bold interpretation of events, most of what you listed isn't destabilizing.
Go on, then-- which weren't destabilising? The trade wars? The betrayal and massacre of the Kurds?

You can't be referring to the Taliban taking Afghanistan, because you yourself cited that as a reason to blame Biden, even though it was arranged by Trump.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Go on, then-- which weren't destabilising? The trade wars? The betrayal and massacre of the Kurds?

You can't be referring to the Taliban taking Afghanistan, because you yourself cited that as a reason to blame Biden, even though it was arranged by Trump.
The trade wars weren't destabilizing. Your interpretation of Afghanistan is bold. I didn't blame Biden.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The trade wars weren't destabilizing.
Lol OK. That's not 'most' of what I said, of course-- what else? Were the assassinations, drone strikes, and chaotic withdrawals not destabilising either?

Your interpretation of Afghanistan is bold. I didn't blame Biden.
Hmm, you didn't explicitly, because that would have required substantiation. What you did instead was list it among various other things that happened during Biden's tenure... as evidence for why his tenure was destabilising. Essentially the same, but with an extra step to allow for quibbling.

Last edited:

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

Apparently, dissing an 87-year-old animated movie is more dickish than being in a cult.