Funny events in anti-woke world

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Utterly insipidly unsurprising

Along with the judge letting out the same wanted criminal court/prison-fleeing neo nazi and the other judge letting out a literal murderer of protestor, there's a judge problem growing that America seemingly has no fucking systems to reel them in and hold their gratuitous injust biases to account
And this, folks, is another reason we vote for the lesser of two evils. These judges are lifetime appointments.

Reactions: Agema

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I love American capitalism. Getting sold shit you don't need, and increasingly don't want. I am not saying I am a fascist or a communist but the first people I am putting in camps if I were; are people who recruit for commission-only sales positions.
I amend this to higher up people. The recruiter is just doing a job. The CEO who created the situation is more at fault

It always feels like a company trying turn the normal scams into something legitimate

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Just imagine what will happen when they realise that parts of the Bible are influenced by Africa.
It's funny how culturally we'll see the Bible as more ancient than any African influence. I have to catch myself on that sometimes.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho (AP) — A jury has awarded more than $1.1 million to an Idaho drag performer who accused a far-right blogger of defaming him when she falsely claimed that he exposed himself to a crowd, including children, during a Pride event in June 2022.

The Kootenai County District Court jury unanimously found Friday that Summer Bushnell defamed Post Falls resident Eric Posey when she posted a doctored video of his performance with a blurred spot that she claimed covered his “fully exposed genitals,” the Coeur D’Alene Press reported.

In reality the unedited video showed no indecent exposure, and prosecutors declined to file charges.
Expect some quick deletions from the usual suspects

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
we're in safe hands, everybody. totally, completely, undeniably safe hands
The Google AI bot thing is actually pretty good at summarizing the top search results for a given query, which is exactly what it's designed to do. Unfortunately, when those top results are just plain wrong...

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I fairness, he worked as a local TV station go-pher. Nothing so pedestrian as fast food though

Also, fucking hell:
In 2014, when Seattle politicians raised the minimum wage to $15, I asked some teenagers what a higher minimum wage could do for them.

"Minimum wage actually hurts my chances of getting employed," said one, Rigel Noble-Koza. "If I cost more, why would a company take a risk on hiring me? They'll hire the worker with more experience instead."

Another, Dillon Hodes, talked about his friend who had fast work but got her hours cut because "she was young and inexperienced."

Of course, these students were unusual. They were finalists in a Stossel in the Classroom contest. They are not economically ignorant. They knew to look for the unseen.
"The kids I'm offering cash prizes to agree with me, checkmate liberals"

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

" No. 4: Perhaps the worst unseen harm from minimum wage laws is that young and unskilled people won't even be hired. They won't gain valuable experience from a first job at a fast food restaurant. "

Yes valuable "experience". Has this person ever worked in their entire life?
The Seattle study he's talking about showed that only point 4 was somewhat true.... then you realise that he's asking workers to sacrifice their pay for other workers

You cant make consumers ever pay a little more. And you definitely cant affect CEO salaries. It has to come from the poorest workers because... they're poor so they deserve it

It's the old 'to get a job, you need to have your wages shaved down to a nub for others' tax so popular with American Libertarians. It wouldn't be so irritating if they didn't bang on about how low interest rates and social security creates zombie businesses, like their policy ideas aren't doing the same thing

Do you know what happens when businesses fail? A better, more successful business pops up to fill the gap. Low minimum wages skew the economy so that zombie firms can exist. Stop making trash businesses a thing

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
He also was angry at the Wokes because they said that Alexnder the Great was gay. Technically, the idea and concept of gay didn't exist back then, you see, so you can't call him gay. It's imposing our world view on him. (Because a person that's dead for 2 and a half thousand years cares about our opinions for some reason?)

He was also cranky with the Anti-Wokes because he clearly wasn't completely hetero either and the culture expected you to sleep with other males

This, in Metatron's opinion, is 'both sidesing' the latest Alexander movie

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Christan nationalism is cringed, but I would argue progressive internationalism of the DSA, and lefty people is also bad.

America is a pre-type one civilization, and unless we get taken advantage of, or close ourselves off to the rest of the world we will remain one until we become the type 1 civilization.

Eventually, the US will get Greenland to check Russia and China, and Canada to check a Chinese invasion of Russian Siberia if world events allow it. Moralistic garbage like being hypercritical is cringe. We should market ourselves as a moralistic country and often act that way, but the end goal isn't UNGA empowerment, it isn't lifting more people out of poverty, it should be a non-biased increase in aggregate power for the US first and foremost. We should act hypocritically when the cameras allow it. Fascists, libertarians, and progressives think too narrowly, and unrealistically.

Also, ethnic enclaves are horrible, we need more Americanization vs balkanization. The US shouldn't see Islamic patrols, Chinese police stations, and Russian spies run amok. I didn't grow up in Chinatown with a foreign police station, I wasn't that particularly interested in commie-based atheism( was agnostic), and I think spying for a future failed state is cringe.

Everyone can be an American of any race, religion, etc. Journalism is good for checking policy excess just don't leak state secrets like Snowden.