Funny events in anti-woke world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I think you screwed that up, want to try it again?
It's pretty accurate. Something along the lines of: 'Marxists want to destroy the world so they want vaccine.'

Like most conservative talking points, just throw a bunch of buzz words around and you 'win.' It's doesn't matter if the buzzwords don't match the actions they are meant to take.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's largely irrelevant, what matters is they overpaid for too few ventilators.
It's... pretty relevant, when you're arguing that centralised government provision of healthcare resources is inferior to decentralised provision.

I'd pull the quotes, but you throw a fit when I quote you.
Complete bollocks. Several times you've claimed I've said something, and when challenged, dredged up some quote that doesn't say what you claimed. You're lying.

Uhhh, the problem with ventilators worldwide was unanticipated demand and production issues. That includes the US. You realize the DPA is a way to create more supply than you would ever normally need, correct?
The problems of unanticipated demand and production issues were entirely, successfully negated by DPA. The US made a political choice to not invoke Federal involvement for far too long.

You cannot say "the problem with ventilators worldwide was unanticipated demand and production issues" when the country in question had a provable method to solve those issues, and chose not to use it, even as states and medical associations begged them to. That choice is the problem.

It's not dishonest, you've quite literally said silly things like that people don't know silicon is useful and it would disappear without a bureaucrat in charge. You lie about your own positions.
Yet again, just regurgitate shite I never said and insist ad-nauseum that I said them. You can quote me "literally" saying that, eh? Literally that? No you fucking can't.

You did notice I kept saying businesses and groups, right?
Incredibly large and monied businesses and groups, perhaps. As I've said before, I do not want to empower those entities one iota. I would have thought you wouldn't either.

I didn't and I in fact was the first one talking about nationalization because you're the one that started with privatization not being bad, and tried to equate privatization with nationalization. Which is another weird argument from you.
!?!?

I have literally no idea where you're getting this ludicrous guff from. Everything else you've wrongly attributed to me at least has some partial resemblance to something I've said. This is complete fabrication.

I've never equated nationalisation and privatization. I've consistently been against privatization since the start. I've always advocated nationalisation.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
It's... pretty relevant, when you're arguing that centralised government provision of healthcare resources is inferior to decentralised provision.
If that were my argument, maybe, but it's not. I've been exceedingly clear that my position is that the biggest determination of ventilator price and availability is when you ordered them, not what kind of healthcare system a country in question is using.

Complete bollocks. Several times you've claimed I've said something, and when challenged, dredged up some quote that doesn't say what you claimed. You're lying.
Except it said exactly what I said you said, in plain English.

The problems of unanticipated demand and production issues were entirely, successfully negated by DPA. The US made a political choice to not invoke Federal involvement for far too long.

You cannot say "the problem with ventilators worldwide was unanticipated demand and production issues" when the country in question had a provable method to solve those issues, and chose not to use it, even as states and medical associations begged them to. That choice is the problem.

Well no actually, there's still a ventilator shortage to this day. Alleviated for sure, but it took months after signing before the DPA could turn the situation around from a critical issue. Because production can't increase over night. It's why there was a shortage in the first place :V

Yet again, just regurgitate shite I never said and insist ad-nauseum that I said them. You can quote me "literally" saying that, eh? Literally that? No you fucking can't.
Let's imagine that a trade deal is required. The country needs more silicon, else they'll be looking at a severe computer chip shortage in a few years.

Now, the vast majority of people do not know the stock is low, and nor do they know that computer chips are composed of silicon. So it's unlikely the trade deal even gets proposed in order for it to be put to vote.
I really actually can.

Incredibly large and monied businesses and groups, perhaps. As I've said before, I do not want to empower those entities one iota. I would have thought you wouldn't either.
Correct. But now do you see my point that a government doesn't really have anything special in contract negotiations?

!?!?

I have literally no idea where you're getting this ludicrous guff from. Everything else you've wrongly attributed to me at least has some partial resemblance to something I've said. This is complete fabrication.

I've never equated nationalisation and privatization. I've consistently been against privatization since the start. I've always advocated nationalisation.
But you've advocated that government contracting is fine and good and ensures reliability.

That's what privatization is.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It's pretty accurate. Something along the lines of: 'Marxists want to destroy the world so they want vaccine.'

Like most conservative talking points, just throw a bunch of buzz words around and you 'win.' It's doesn't matter if the buzzwords don't match the actions they are meant to take.
Yeh the issue is it's the whole pharmaceutical companies making profit part that I think seems a bit off. Not the idea of vaccinations themselves part.....

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Last edited:

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
I think you screwed that up, want to try it again?
Oh no, son, I got it right. I defended big pharma making a profit, and got labeled a COMMUNIST. For defending a private corporation. Making money. Not the first time either, I also got it for advocating for flat rate payment clinics.

I want you to roll that around in your noggin.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yeh the issue is it's the whole pharmaceutical companies making profit part that I think seems a bit off. Not the idea of vaccinations themselves part.....
I'm going to repeat myself. The MO is throwing a bunch of buzz words.

Making sense is NOT necessary.

As another example, last week I had a discussion with a person on this forum (please note: people on this forum are not crazy like some of those on the extreme). They were stating that mask act like a funnel, sort of sucking IN COVID, making it more dangerous than not wearing a mask. You do not arrive at this conclusion by using logic. And, again, this is not as crazy as some other ideas out there

If you want to me to say, 'clearly those people pretending Marxists are actually pro-profit' is a nonsense argument - I totally agree with you. If you want me to disagree that this comment (perhaps paraphrased) was regularly stated - no I don't agree. Many anti-vaxxers are left wingers, thus calling them corporate shills is an insult in their eyes, so they will just label random people that without evidence.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane