But the truth never got in my way
Before now, feel the sting
Feeling time bearing down

False hope, perhaps
But the truth never got in my way
Before now, feel the sting
Feeling time bearing down
Bearing down
When people shout "God wills it", what they mean is "I will it, and I am God".

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
How come I have never learned about this guy in US history books.

He was literally the first US neoliberal and had interesting ideas about free trade around the time of Adam Smith. His protege was literally Hamilton.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
How come I have never learned about this guy in US history books.

He was literally the first US neoliberal and had interesting ideas about free trade around the time of Adam Smith. His protege was literally Hamilton.
I dont have the time to listen to this due to work rn but isn't this the guy who financed the American Revolution. He was incredible

Edit: If I'm correct about the guy, I don't think a normal capitalist would want such philanthropy being know. It's a bad image. Hence, even being a founding father doesn't keep him in the books

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I cant remember which thread where we 'had to hate woke stuff' because it's always bad from a few weeks ago. Big discussions on Ghostbusters, Star Wars etc. Sorry if this is not it

Also, DH, hope you're safe

Anyway, I watched Fembusters on the weekend. The first 20 mins was awful and fully blame this on the success of Bridesmaid and McCarthy.

Other than that it was fine. I don't think the fourth character worked and was tacked on... but less tacked on that the originals fourth. Sometimes they explained things better. And sometimes this felt more like a sequel than a reboot. Clearly someone was trying to be inventive

I'm not the biggest fan of the original, I'd only class it a 6/10. I'd put this in the same bracket but at the lower end. Probably on par with the sequel

What a milquetoast movie to scream about

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I cant remember which thread where we 'had to hate woke stuff' because it's always bad from a few weeks ago. Big discussions on Ghostbusters, Star Wars etc. Sorry if this is not it

Also, DH, hope you're safe

Anyway, I watched Fembusters on the weekend. The first 20 mins was awful and fully blame this on the success of Bridesmaid and McCarthy.

Other than that it was fine. I don't think the fourth character worked and was tacked on... but less tacked on that the originals fourth. Sometimes they explained things better. And sometimes this felt more like a sequel than a reboot. Clearly someone was trying to be inventive

I'm not the biggest fan of the original, I'd only class it a 6/10. I'd put this in the same bracket but at the lower end. Probably on par with the sequel

What a milquetoast movie to scream about
I still haven't seen the 2016 Ghostbusters movie, and most likely never what I wanted was an adaption of Extreme Ghostbusters. It was a combination of that, me just losing interest in the franchise. I still haven't seen the most recent Ghostbusters, cuz it's just another shallow nostalgia bait, almost no one cares about anymore.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports...ns-twitch-streamer-detained-police-livestream

A transgender teen was forced to do online learning because the Tennessee school system thought her presence and using the girls' bathroom would be disruptive. She refused to comply, so the cops barged into her room in the middle of a stream and badgered her, saying they were going to take her into foster care.

So let's be clear, the "family values" crowd is ripping apart a loving family because the daughter was born different. And this is done in the name of "freedom." Freedom for whom?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports...ns-twitch-streamer-detained-police-livestream

A transgender teen was forced to do online learning because the Tennessee school system thought her presence and using the girls' bathroom would be disruptive. She refused to comply, so the cops barged into her room in the middle of a stream and badgered her, saying they were going to take her into foster care.

So let's be clear, the "family values" crowd is ripping apart a loving family because the daughter was born different. And this is done in the name of "freedom." Freedom for whom?
Hey guys, this is why people say defund the police. If you think an armed response to a kid missing school is appropriate you're so fucked in the head you're not worth talking to. You have no understanding of decency or morality and should just stop talking about either of them.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Tried to post the actual article but this fucking site won't tell me why it won't allow it, tried all sorts of formatting but there's just no kunting rhyme or reason to these covert restrictions. What a waste of time.

Anyway, the sorta "vibes" they're going for;

Lol

Freedom for whom?
Oh I think we're all aware by now what they mean when parroting that cute little buzzword.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Hey guys, this is why people say defund the police. If you think an armed response to a kid missing school is appropriate you're so fucked in the head you're not worth talking to. You have no understanding of decency or morality and should just stop talking about either of them.
Depends why they're missing school. For the reasons outlined above? Utterly inappropriate, heavy handed and frankly an affront to good citizens.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Yeah, I'm waiting for the inevitable Susan Collins saying, 'There is just no possible way anyone could have forseen this happening.'
Susan fucking Collins.

She's either hopelessly naive or a disingenuous tool. Her "But they totally assured me this wouldn't happen" schtick is getting a bit old.

Reactions: Trunkage

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Twitter post
Elon Musk has the mentality of a child.

He also has a philosophical understanding of free speech little more developed than a 16-year-old, and no significant conception of the difficulty of social media's task balancing free speech against harms to individuals - as is abundantly clear by him inadvertantly setting a Twitter mob on an employee of the corporation he intends to buy.

Musk stating that he would reverse Trump's ban is precisely why he cannot be trusted with Twitter, because he is indicating that he should be the final arbiter of what should and should not be on Twitter. In other words, declaring that he is dictator of his own private concern. This is inconsistent with the notion of "public space" that he also says he aspires to.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
He also has a philosophical understanding of free speech little more developed than a 16-year-old, and no significant conception of the difficulty of social media's task balancing free speech against harms to individuals - as is abundantly clear by him inadvertantly setting a Twitter mob on an employee of the corporation he intends to buy.
Possibly, I might suspect he simply isn't concerned with those aspects, or is actively malicious.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Possibly, I might suspect he simply isn't concerned with those aspects, or is actively malicious.
I don't actually think he's malicious.

I think he's just an intensely arrogant man with limited social skills and underdeveloped maturity whose success and lack of limitation has led to a overconfidence and overambition. As a swashbuckling entrepreneur, this isn't so much of a problem. As someone who seeks to interfere in social and political matters so much, he needs to be firmly slapped down.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I don't actually think he's malicious.

I think he's just an intensely arrogant man with limited social skills and underdeveloped maturity whose success and lack of limitation has led to a overconfidence and overambition. As a swashbuckling entrepreneur, this isn't so much of a problem. As someone who seeks to interfere in social and political matters so much, he needs to be firmly slapped down.
Nope. Accusing that rescuer of being a paedophile and then trying to get a private investigator to dig up dirt on him proves Musk is actually a shitty hateful human being who will harm others in the pursuit of success.