Funny events in anti-woke world

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

This book is full of it. It's the same as the people who assumed that because America won the Cold War, they/democracy would win/exist forever for the rest of eternity with dominance.

The book states that because right now racial minorities in the US tend to vote democrat in the US, we need to immigrate more racial minorities in the US, and the democratic party will win forever for the rest of eternity. We will never fear fascism in the US ever again.

1. Most of the likely demographically likely voters in the world who could come here, and could be given US citizenship are likely culturally conservative as they are older, and older people are more conservative, your average hypothetical Latin American voter is expected to be catholic so good luck convincing them on abortion, and maybe LGBTQ rights. So are likely voters in the Middle East unless they are college-educated students or in the press, unless it relates to US foreign policy in the Middle East so good luck telling them we should have abortion or LGBTQ rights. So is likely many older Asians many of whom are traditionalists so good luck convincing them we should all embrace liberal social issues

2. I don't even think many of them once they got their relatives here would vote for more immigration, hypocrisy tends to be universal in the world, and the US does have a carrying capacity, I argued it's higher than 300 million, and more like 1 to 1.5 billion, but if you just got to the US where the Quality of life is higher why would you want to put that in the danger by adding another billion.

3. So why is the US letting so many in, It's power, and I argued that's a good enough reason on its own. The fact that these people are going to the US vs China, India, or even the EU means the US increases GDP, and economics plus military power.

4.. What many of them would vote for is higher social healthcare, and social services, many who immigrate here that aren't wealthy know the importance of a wealthy welfare state. Again you can only implement a universal healthcare system once, and UK voters have proven maintaining a universal healthcare system vs the other party which wants to strip it piece by piece isn't strong enough to get people to the polls.

5. The main issue is the demcorats keep searching for a forever I win button, there is no such thing not in international relations, not in war, and not in domestic politics. They have to innovate politically and on the policy front, but that's hard so let's keep doing what we are doing praying that children of color will rescue the demcorats from Donald Trump and his ideas forever eventually.

Edit: the link isn't working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I'm slightly unnerved they cast themselves as a horror movie villain in their recruitment video
Yeah, it is a bit mad. Are they portraying a cognitive dissonant self-awareness? Or is it just a matter of, well, I think...I think they like it. They believe it's actually cool?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Hmm. How does the Constitution define "treason"?

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

I don't see anything about "doing the will of the people". Moreover, the Constitution gives Congress the power to define punishment for treason. So what is that?

"Under federal statute, a person guilty of treason against the United States “shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.” 18 U.S.C. § 2381."

Hm. I don't see the words "firing squad" anywhere in there. And furthermore, death isn't the only punishment indicated.

Gee, it's almost like Republicans don't actually understand the Constitution at all, and just make shit up to suit their needs and intimidate their opponents.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Gee, it's almost like Republicans don't actually understand the Constitution at all, and just make shit up to suit their needs and intimidate their opponents.
I mean, she also said that genociding Native Americans is what allowed the USA to worship Jesus so it was a good thing, so...

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
"wealth" "economy" "Gini coefficient"

I ain't posting the whole thread, so anyone who wants more of these spicy galaxy-brained comparison can take the plunge themselves. There is indeed more.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
"wealth" "economy" "Gini coefficient"

I ain't posting the whole thread, so anyone who wants more of these spicy galaxy-brained comparison can take the plunge themselves. There is indeed more.

jesus fucking christ incels will write a thesis on why they can't get laid rather than just putting in any effort to be the kind of person someone would want to fuck.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Tinder's active user base is 75% male.

If Tinder had 100 users total, 80% of the women and 20% of the men would translate to 20 women and 15 men, respectively.

I mean, personally I would be more mad about Tinder's extremely evil business model, but I get the feeling this loser really loves capitalism.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde