Funny events in anti-woke world

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I ain't posting the whole thread, so anyone who wants more of these spicy galaxy-brained comparison can take the plunge themselves. There is indeed more.
An app to arrange sex might provide an advantage for rich, good looking people?

Who'da thunk it.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Fuck this fat aussie pieceofshit Trump wannabe, I hope his intestines explode.

And fuck rupert murdoch's sky news network, they are happy to amplify any rightwing bullshit.

-
The Australian Electoral Commission says it has seen no evidence to support Clive Palmer’s election night accusation that its staff were taking home ballots, describing the suggestion as “frustrating and disappointing”.

But Palmer has stood by the claim, telling Guardian Australia a United Australia party candidate “followed the AEC officers to their houses” and recorded video of their movements.

Palmer says his lawyers are preparing a legal challenge to the result of at least one division, and had two “independent witnesses” – other than the UAP candidate – who would give evidence under oath.

United Australia party leader Clive Palmer has failed to capitalise on an election advertising spend estimated at close to $100m.
Clive Palmer’s massive advertising spend fails to translate into election success for United Australia party
Read more

Palmer first made the allegation on election night, when he was interviewed by Sky News and allowed to claim, unchallenged, that some “AEC officials took home the votes with them”.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
An app to arrange sex might provide an advantage for rich, good looking people?

Who'da thunk it.
Indeed. Though I should mention that "wealth" in the context this guy was using the word for, meant only "likes on tinder." Anything more semantically accurate would threaten a little too much class awareness I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Its always curious how far right demagogues insists they represent ''the will of the people'' even if they're a wildly despised fringe minority. Its even more curious in the US where such groups only have any semblance of power because things like the Senate and the Electoral college are explicitly designed to overrule the will of the people.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
A while back, Netflix was reported to have an ultimatum for its employees: "either work on material you find objectionable or quit"

So I thought to myself, "Self, either more employees took exception to that Chapelle bit than I thought, or more likely Netflix is trying to get employees to quit because that's cheaper than laying them off while they circle the drain"

And while both of those things could still be true, it turns out the actual answer is that they cancel who knows how many shows to give an unknown number of millions of dollars to the world's edgiest bowling ball.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
A while back, Netflix was reported to have an ultimatum for its employees: "either work on material you find objectionable or quit"

So I thought to myself, "Self, either more employees took exception to that Chapelle bit than I thought, or more likely Netflix is trying to get employees to quit because that's cheaper than laying them off while they circle the drain"

And while both of those things could still be true, it turns out the actual answer is that they cancel who knows how many shows to give an unknown number of millions of dollars to the world's edgiest bowling ball.

His examples of cancel culture are louis ck, a man who did actual sex crimes and just won a Grammy and Liam Neeson who went out hunting black people and is still a Hollywood a lister. Like truly awful people who haven't even been cancelled.

Reactions: Thaluikhain

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Look, I think Nesson admitd that this was completely fucked up attitude to have. Not necessarily a pass, just a hope he has grown from that moment
True. Dude said it was a massively fucked up thing from his youth. That's growth.

'Course, he wasn't canceled for it either, which makes the Gervais bit especially dumb

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Let's not forget the third name Gervais mentioned, Kevin Hart. Who...wasn't cancelled at all? He voluntarily stepped down from the Oscars gig, and that was literally the end of it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

This is a good one. Because passport express was too slow Fine Gael decided to fix the problem. By not calling it passport express anymore.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra