Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So we already went from 'the "woke" claims freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence' to 'the "woke" claims speech that offends justifies violence'. Based on how many cherry picked twitter posts are you deciding this is "woke" rhetoric?
How many twitter posts will it take?
Don't answer that I know the answer is it will never be enough.

Framed as brave by who?
The normal bunch of twitter idiots

Yeah, because those two obviously didn't go there to troll and stir up trouble. No, not at all.
So it was fine to smash the guys head of the concrete pillar according to you? and smash up their stuff?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
"Woke" has been distorted into a parody of itself by status-quo warriors who absolutely lose their shit when someone not exactly like them tries to stand in the spotlight.
and then says something utterly stupid in all seriousness and people go "Seriously? Really you want / believe that?"
Then we get the normal useful idiots running interference going "Just because a person is actually saying it doesn't mean anyone actually believe it it's all the right wingers making it all up no-one actually believes this" Because no amount of evidence is ever enough it seems

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No. It doesn't show the woke crowd is hollow

It shows the woke crowd doesnt exist
ROFL we're going with the idea the woke crowd doesn't exist?

I mean they exist enough to cause plenty of annoyance to people who end up on the wrong side of them.

The show 'pushed' nothing most other shows wouldn't push
Which says a bit more about the state of the world than the show itself lol.

You've made up an ideology that doesn't exist

Don't worry, we've know this for years and are just waiting for you to catch up
Nah it exists it's just a huge series of contradictions and attempts for people to get positions of power and leverage it for money and to be sociopaths to people.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So, to be clear, I was asking for evidence before making a decision

I thought that was a good thing. Because you didn't provide this
So you want what footage of the child abuse happening before you'll even suggest maybe Polygon / Vo should investigate the claims?

I dont know. You didnt provide enough information in your first to decide one way or the other
So you think Ben Kuchera or his kids are making up said claims?

Didn't we have a whole thing going on about how people wouldn't do that though recently??

I don't know. You didnt provide enough information in your first post to decide one way or the other

That twitter thread didn't give me enough information to find out if this is do to with Vox or Polygon. I'm assuming its an employee problem but I pretty sure the thread didnt say anything like that
You can check the thread. Vox or Polygon should have at least acted to investigate it and the simple logic is if Vox / Polygon were accused of not investigating it then clearly it likely is relevant and links back to them.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Do we really have to say 'is not freedom from appropriate consequences'?

Because apparently we have to spoon feed you

I'll try to remember just for you so you dont get offended
Who says what's appropriate when woke idiots keep saying words lead to people being killed.?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I lost much respect for Moviebob over the years but I don’t see what’s wrong with the argument.

A certain section of culture warriors all insisting that they’re just worried about creator rights and then loudly cheering when a soulless businessman trampled all over creators for a tax cut is indeed very suspect.
Strange though when it was people like Bob and Co who were very on the side of the big corporations not caring for creators write and insulting and mocking Snydercut people for wanting it and pushing for it. Now suddenly they are pretending to care about creators rights themselves when it's something they want and seemingly rather than organise and do what the Snydercut people did they're instead whining that the Snydercut people won't do it all for them despite them insulting and mocking said people for months or longer by this point.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you happily admit it.
Now do you see the issue or are you going to keep pretending context doesn't matter?
Person A: Bastard shithead fucker wankstain.

Person B: Don't call me a shithead!

Person A: That's not all I said! You've taken it out of CoNtExT, the CoNtExT changes it completely!

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
How many twitter posts will it take?
Don't answer that I know the answer is it will never be enough.
Not by the rate your going at providing them, no.

The normal bunch of twitter idiots
Aah, them. Very nondescript.

So it was fine to smash the guys head of the concrete pillar according to you? and smash up their stuff?
If that's what actually happened - the smashing that is, then no. Considering I've not heard anything about anyone leaving the protest that day with even a minor concussion I doubt anyone's head got smashed. As for their stuff, I don't give a shit. They went there expressly to stir shit and some got on them. And Vito certainly capitalized on it.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Who says what's appropriate when woke idiots keep saying words lead to people being killed.?
*Looks up school shooting record of America*

*Looks at sentence DwarvenHobble made*

Everyone. Also...

You have PLENTY of opinions about what's appropriate. Not a single person on this forum or planet has ever stopped you from sharing your opinions

So you personally. definitely

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So you want what footage of the child abuse happening before you'll even suggest maybe Polygon / Vo should investigate the claims?
No. Just the normal details. Even knowing if its actually related to Polygon would be nice

So you think Ben Kuchera or his kids are making up said claims?
I don't know. So far Ben has accused Polygon for sexually harassing his kids. I don't know how that's possible. A company is not an actual person and cant rape kids. Perhaps its an employee of Polygon or something. Some sort of derails would be nice
Didn't we have a whole thing going on about how people wouldn't do that though recently??
I'm looking for more information. Your original post didn't not provide further details. It's not about believing and disbelieving

Here, maybe this will help you understand. I haven't point out the flaws in the logic of yours or Ben's argument regarding any protentional abuse. It's not that I don't believe Ben. i wasn't given enough information to understand what was happening from that twitter thread
You can check the thread. Vox or Polygon should have at least acted to investigate it and the simple logic is if Vox / Polygon were accused of not investigating it then clearly it likely is relevant and links back to them.
In that twitter thread? Ben claimed Vox and Polygon didn't investigate it. That doesn't prove there wasn't an investigation. I was only give one twitter thread to decide on things

Like, when I try to look this up, here's what I get

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022...abuse-ignored-by-management-during-his-tenure

So if this is true, Ben's kids were sexually abused but not by anyone at Polygon. Polygon didnt give him time off to look after his kid that was abuse (this is still shitty but not as bad as covering up abuse.) This news report could be true. It could be false. I don't have enough information

Do you have ANYTHING different from this?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
ROFL we're going with the idea the woke crowd doesn't exist?

I mean they exist enough to cause plenty of annoyance to people who end up on the wrong side of them.

Which says a bit more about the state of the world than the show itself lol.

Nah it exists it's just a huge series of contradictions and attempts for people to get positions of power and leverage it for money and to be sociopaths to people.
If you are going to pick any show of the CW superheroes to be woke, it's gotta be Legends of Tomorrow. It's got more woke stuff in there than the other 4 combined.

Batgirl isnt woke. It's just something you dont like. It doesnt hurt you. It's allowed to exist even if you dont like it

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
If you are going to pick any show of the CW superheroes to be woke, it's gotta be Legends of Tomorrow. It's got more woke stuff in there than the other 4 combined.

Batgirl isnt woke. It's just something you dont like. It doesnt hurt you. It's allowed to exist even if you dont like it
It has a female lead, and promotes having a female lead, and therefore is woke.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It has a female lead, and promotes having a female lead, and therefore is woke.
I very well aware of what DH is pretending

I just long for the days when some said 'woke is bad', there were some points I could agree on. Capitalism corrupting Feminism/ Masculism/ Sexual Identity is horrid. I'd wish it would stop.

But then you realise that John Wayne, Charlie Chaplin and Alfred Hitchcock were doing it and you realise how ingrained all this is

Now woke is just something that someone doesn't like. Who cares if you dont like something

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
It's just something you dont like. It doesnt hurt you. It's allowed to exist even if you dont like it
I wish more people broadly thought like this. Unfortunately, there's one side that declares everything they don't like to be "woke" and the other that declares things they don't like to be "problematic" or "harmful", and both refuse to accept your advice there.