Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You have a 3rd grader's understanding of diplomacy. You are supposed to use diplomacy if the cost-benefit analysis merits it. If you use it to sue for peace when YOUR WINNING you will get taken advantage of by bad actors in international relations. That's how iterative games work, you show weakness a couple of times, and people view you as weak.
No. This is a third-grader's understanding of diplomacy. This is essentially just simple strong-man posturing, of the kind that has failed for centuries on end, and led to the abject suffering of Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, and countless others.

Second I could care less if Russians are angry/resentful that their empire of oppressing half of Europe is gone. They can pound snow for all I care.
I'm not talking about resentment over that. I'm talking about resentment over NATO reneging on its agreements.

Tell me: when Russia breaks its international commitments, betrays other countries, ignores treaties and tries to enact regime change... what do you think happens to NATO's moral high ground if they've attempted the same thing?

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No. This is a third-grader's understanding of diplomacy. This is essentially just simple strong-man posturing, of the kind that has failed for centuries on end, and led to the abject suffering of Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, and countless others.

I'm not talking about resentment over that. I'm talking about resentment over NATO reneging on its agreements.

Tell me: when Russia breaks its international commitments, betrays other countries, ignores treaties and tries to enact regime change... what do you think happens to NATO's moral high ground it they've attempted the same thing?
Any leader with secret police deserves it. Case in point Libya, if my country oppressed people as strongly as they did I would revolt, or leave.

Also Didn't Russia renege on its agreement to not invade Ukraine in exchange for Ukraine giving up its nuclear weapons?

Also to NATO expansion. Too bad, those countries wanted to expand into NATO if Cuba decided to join the toothless CSTO or SCO that's their self-determination-based choice. And so is the choice of Poland to go join NATO having been invaded by Russia numerous times.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Any leader with secret police deserves it. Case in point Libya, if my country oppressed people as strongly as they did I would revolt, or leave.

Also Didn't Russia renege on its agreement to not invade Ukraine in exchange for Ukraine giving up its nuclear weapons?

Also to NATO expansion. Too bad, those countries wanted to expand into NATO if Cuba decided to join the toothless CSTO or SCO that's their self-determination-based choice. And so is the choice of Poland to go join NATO having been invaded by Russia numerous times.
Ahh haha, you know the US has lots of different three letter agencies who use secret police, right? Not to mention our habit of just...letting the regular police do secret police shit?

Don't really think that justifies us turning Libya into, you know, *that*

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Ahh haha, you know the US has lots of different three letter agencies who use secret police, right? Not to mention our habit of just...letting the regular police do secret police shit?

Don't really think that justifies us turning Libya into, you know, *that*
Yeah well we have the ability to change those things, also Libya was a dictatorship.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Good thing we put an end to that, that way they can proceed to still not have elections, but now with human trafficking!
It’s currently in a civil war between a US trained military officer and a democratic government either way the US wins.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
It’s currently in a civil war between a US trained military officer and a democratic government either way the US wins.
You're literally declaring victory on setting up human trafficking, welcome to the CSA.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
You're literally declaring victory on setting up human trafficking, welcome to the CSA.
Human trafficking is a side effect of a weak state which will be solved in Libya after the civil war ends.

LOL leftists can't handle criticism.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Callous and simplistic. Millions upon millions of people in these countries do not have the ability to just up stakes and easily leave--- to imagine that's feasible for everyone is absurd. Poverty, disenfranchisement, familial ties, employment, migration restrictions, there are endless barriers for poor people to relocate. And you try "revolting" as a 70+ year old or someone with a medical condition, or a kid, facing up against military police.

What a fucking joke. Foreign Invasion causes immense suffering and death for a population. For any compassionate, reasonable person with an iota of empathy or a sense of perspective, it remains a last resort.

Yes. Not sure why you think this means everyone else should act just as badly.

You say "too bad" as if the only ones paying the price are those who made the decisions. They're not. This is a thought process to minimise and dismiss the toll on the innocent, who would bear the brunt of the cost.

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I should really do it here

What is this 'criticsm' that 'lefties' cant handle?
Phil Defranco's video was blocked by the Social Democratic aligned The Guardian.

Callous and simplistic. Millions upon millions of people in these countries do not have the ability to just up stakes and easily leave--- to imagine that's feasible for everyone is absurd. Poverty, disenfranchisement, familial ties, employment, migration restrictions, there are endless barriers for poor people to relocate. And you try "revolting" as a 70+ year old or someone with a medical condition, or a kid, facing up against military police.

What a fucking joke. Foreign Invasion causes immense suffering and death for a population. For any compassionate, reasonable person with an iota of empathy or a sense of perspective, it remains a last resort.

Yes. Not sure why you think this means everyone else should act just as badly.

You say "too bad" as if the only ones paying the price are those who made the decisions. They're not. This is a thought process to minimise and dismiss the toll on the innocent, who would bear the brunt of the cost.
Again I could care less if Russian feelings are hurt by NATO expansion. I don't care. Fuck Russia, and fuck Putin.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Assuming I did the percentage math correctly, the adult population of Russia is 111,418,748.21 people. So you better get started.

Oh come now man, you can do so much better than him.
You're not original.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The Guardian? One of the MANY newspapers owned by Rupert Murdoch?

Such Lefties....
Nope, it's owned by a trust and loyal fans like you.

If it was owned by Murdoch it would be much more right-wing.