Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
************, the question being asked was "can you get two diseases at once", which they answered with multiple examples. You aren't disproving shit

I forgot that only school children attending classes could spread influenza
I didn't say it was impossible to get covid and the flu at the same time, it's that it hardly happens. Same thing with getting a head cold, you're not gonna catch the flu when you already have a head cold or vice versa. There's literally no reason to concern yourself with getting the flu and covid at the same.

Kids are the main vectors for the flu. Why would the flu basically completely disappear when kids were still going to school and not following any covid measures? You guys act like covid measures stopped the flu, that isn't close to anything based in reality.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
There's literally no reason to concern yourself with getting the flu and covid at the same.
Except that there's evidence that danger and severity of symptoms is higher for those with both.

"But that's a BAD STUDY because of these weak-ass reasons" in 3... 2... 1...

Why would the flu basically completely disappear when kids were still going to school and not following any covid measures?
Easy: it didn't.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I didn't say it was impossible to get covid and the flu at the same time, it's that it hardly happens. Same thing with getting a head cold, you're not gonna catch the flu when you already have a head cold or vice versa. There's literally no reason to concern yourself with getting the flu and covid at the same.
That's a specific interaction between rhinoviruses and influenza dumbass, that doesn't make it automatically true for coronaviruses and influenza. They're different things, which is why they have different names
Kids are the main vectors for the flu. Why would the flu basically completely disappear when kids were still going to school and not following any covid measures? You guys act like covid measures stopped the flu, that isn't close to anything based in reality.
9971187B-32AF-4C91-9C69-AEB2156B4183.jpeg
Yeah man, it's ludicrous to think that preventative measure taken against a very infectious respiratory virus might work even better against a less infectious respiratory virus. Clownshoes thinking

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Except that there's evidence that danger and severity of symptoms is higher for those with both.

"But that's a BAD STUDY because of these weak-ass reasons" in 3... 2... 1...

The overall proportion of co-infection was 0.7%

The flu didn't disappear?!?! (I was literally here and lived through a no flu season...)

That's a specific interaction between rhinoviruses and influenza dumbass, that doesn't make it automatically true for coronaviruses and influenza. They're different things, which is why they have different names

View attachment 7701
Yeah man, it's ludicrous to think that preventative measure taken against a very infectious respiratory virus might work even better against a less infectious respiratory virus. Clownshoes thinking
The fact that the flu vanished means nothing to you?

I didn't realize posting common sense things needs to be cited...
School children, in other words, were a major driver of flu transmission to the entire population.

We have studies saying masks and stuff don't work for the flu. I wonder why Southeast Asia has more flu cases and masks more than the West if masks stop the flu.
A study in 2015 looked into where influenza is most common, alongside how it spreads around the globe. While there are cases of it appearing all around the world, scientists found that it is far more prominent in the east than in the west, particularly in Southeast Asia.

I think you guys are allergic to facts that don't fit your narrative.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The M&M woke thing is pretty hilarious. They are trying to virtue signal while using child slave labor to get chocolate. Also, people need to start being told that being unhealthy is not OK, just pure ridiculousness.

---

Also...

1673639213158.png

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I think this can be attributed to the fact that the flu does not kill people/kids at the same levels as Covid-19

If someone keeps going around pretending that the flu is as deadly as Covid, mostly through limiting the meaning of the word deadly, then that person would be expecting the news of deaths from the flu to be just as high as Covid. Because the assumption requires that a lot of people dying of the flu...

And when you don't get that evidence, you have to make up justifications why the 'evidence is wrong'. And since you were wrong, you might feel bad and make up lies to make it look like others are wrong to make you feel better

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Do you ever get exhausted?
Well, I'm not going to say that he's wrong about M&M and child labour

It's just got nothing to do with woke. Most people who get labelled as 'woke' would be the first to point out what the game is here.

Nor do I think people like Fucker Carlson care one whit about the children. It only comes up when there is a label change

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
A study in 2015...
Sure, let me just look up "a study in 2015". Oh, wait.

The "Flucamp" article then goes on to say:
"While this might suggest more people begin to contract the virus in the east than the west, it’s actually the reverse. Studying the influenza virus across a yearly period, scientists found that the virus would eventually die out everywhere – except in the west. This suggests that each year, the influenza virus begins in the west and spreads to the east across the globe, which goes to explain why there are such high numbers of influenza suffers in the east every year."

What. The. Fucking. Fuck?

It is however nice to see that Phoenixmgs has still learnt absolutely nothing and just yanks any old shit off any old website just so long as it says something vaguely aligning with what he wants to believe.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
If someone keeps going around pretending that the flu is as deadly as Covid, mostly through limiting the meaning of the word deadly, then that person would be expecting the news of deaths from the flu to be just as high as Covid. Because the assumption requires that a lot of people dying of the flu...
You are equally manipulating the word "deadly" to rationalize your own beliefs. Covid-19 is not special. Covid-19 is not special. Again, Covid-19 is not special. Covid-19 is new, and the virus your body hasn't experienced before is more dangerous than the virus your body has experienced a dozen times. There is no reason to believe that long-term, covid-19 is deadlier than the other coronavirus that already infected humans, and you would be terribly foolish to call those deadlier than the flu.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Covid-19 is new, and the virus your body hasn't experienced before is more dangerous than the virus your body has experienced a dozen times.
Novel viruses and novel strains evolve quite frequently. Almost none of them result in global pandemics.

What're the differences? To a small degree, the vagaries of public health responses... and to a large degree, the characteristics of the virus itself.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
There is no reason to believe that long-term, covid-19 is deadlier than the other coronavirus that already infected humans
Sure, and the Black Death wasn't a big deal because centuries later hardly anyone died of bubonic plague.

:rolleyes:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Pics from a rented apartment in 2019/2020. When she's citing a report from 2022.
I think it was meant as "haha AOC brain damaged" than anything more in depth :rolleyes:

Remember the crowd it's meant for; the stupidest interpretation is often the intended one.

Reactions: Buyetyen

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Novel viruses and novel strains evolve quite frequently. Almost none of them result in global pandemics.
You are not wrong, but also every endemic virus was at some point a global pandemic.
Sure, and the Black Death wasn't a big deal because centuries later hardly anyone died of bubonic plague.

:rolleyes:
The black death was a big deal, and so is covid-19, but both those things are contextual. As time passes, covid-19 is going to continue to exist and cease to shape people's lives. I don't think you dispute that.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
The black death was a big deal, and so is covid-19, but both those things are contextual. As time passes, covid-19 is going to continue to exist and cease to shape people's lives. I don't think you dispute that.
Yes, but surely the most relevant context for the deadliness of covid is the here and now that we have to deal with, not a hypothetical situation numerous decades or centuries hence. For the rest of our lifetimes, covid-19 is almost certain to be in the same ballpark as influenza in terms of hospitalisations and deaths, and consequently a significant burden on healthcare systems.

Where it evolves in the further future is anyone's guess, because as with influenza there is potential for more dangerous new strains as well as the potential for it to dwindle into near-insignificance similar to a common cold.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
For the rest of our lifetimes, covid-19 is almost certain to be in the same ballpark as influenza in terms of hospitalisations and deaths, and consequently a significant burden on healthcare systems.
Obviously neither of us knows the future, but I would bet against this. I think there are parts of the world that have already comfortably reached the endemic stage, and as soon as we stop obsessively measuring the virus, we'll stop noticing it. People will just say "oh, I feel sick" like they used to, and move on with their lives, without caring whether its coronavirus or rhinovirus or enterovirus or whatever. I think the entire world will reach that point within a decade of the virus' existence. Certainly, that's an educated guess at best, but we'll see.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously neither of us knows the future, but I would bet against this. I think there are parts of the world that have already comfortably reached the endemic stage, and as soon as we stop obsessively measuring the virus, we'll stop noticing it. People will just say "oh, I feel sick" like they used to, and move on with their lives, without caring whether its coronavirus or rhinovirus or enterovirus or whatever. I think the entire world will reach that point within a decade of the virus' existence. Certainly, that's an educated guess at best, but we'll see.
Is that how you see influenza? Worth ignoring, barely noticed?

It continues to kill thousands every year. It puts healthcare systems the world over under great strain every winter.