Funny Events of the "Woke" world

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Or it was trolls who were fucking with everyone because unless they announced they did it I doubt you'd know.
They did announce it. They said they intended to get me deported. I even had to go to Immigration Court over this shit.

Then again I know it was the "Trump is literally Satan and the Anti-Christ and Hitler re-incarnated" lot who did try to doxx me (and failed) because they tried to gloat about it at the time in responses to me on an internet forum. Hell they followed me across multiple sites doing it.
Then you know how it feels.

What that at the time they suggested the vaccine wouldn't be safe because of Trump, that is what they said, they were suggesting it would be rushed and unsafe due to Trump. They help the anti-vaxxers massively because the anti-vaxx movement exists on both left and right despite what you may wish to believe.
So why are the pro vax people the ones getting called Communists?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
They did announce it. They said they intended to get me deported. I even had to go to Immigration Court over this shit.
Doubt.jpg

Sorry just every time you bring this up the claims round it become more extreme about what happened until not you're claiming idiots online some-one made it so you ended up in court?

Then you know how it feels.
And yet I'm not the one throwing wild accusations round here......

So why are the pro vax people the ones getting called Communists?
Because the narrative switched that quick and it is shockingly like North Korean esc propaganda at play

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Oh look the company that was censoring anime boobs because it was oppressive to women were actually paying women worse than men allegedly and pushing women out of the company

Man it's so surprising this keeps happening isn't it?
Almost like a pattern or something.
Those really strongly pushing the idea women need to be covered up or it's so oppressive and really pushing the "sexism problem in the industry that we will work to solve" kind of lines keep turning out to be massive parts of the problem who aren't treating women equally it seems.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
This isn't what you said.

You said "I think Tstorm is more on about the work of John William Money and the modern understanding of Gender etc based on his works."

How exactly is the "modern understanding of gender" based on Money's work?

The wikipedia article is also misquoting its sources. The main source seems to be a tribute to Money written by his colleague and onetime supervisee Anke Ehrhard, in which she says "John Money introduced the terms "gender identity" and "gender role" as concepts liberated from biological determinism of sex on the one hand and separate from sexual functioning on the other" (emphasis mine). She may be, to some degree, correct (although I think she's being extremely generous to a recently deceased friend) but that absolutely does not translate into the claim made in the wikipedia article, which taken at face value is absolutely wrong.

The "modern concept of gender" is not based on the work of one person.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This isn't what you said.

You said "I think Tstorm is more on about the work of John William Money and the modern understanding of Gender etc based on his works."

How exactly is the "modern understanding of gender" based on Money's work?

The wikipedia article is also misquoting its sources. The main source seems to be a tribute to Money written by his colleague and onetime supervisee Anke Ehrhard, in which she says "John Money introduced the terms "gender identity" and "gender role" as concepts liberated from biological determinism of sex on the one hand and separate from sexual functioning on the other" (emphasis mine). She may be, to some degree, correct (although I think she's being extremely generous to a recently deceased friend) but that absolutely does not translate into the claim made in the wikipedia article, which taken at face value is absolutely wrong.

The "modern concept of gender" is not based on the work of one person.
Jut saying where I figured Tstorm was coming from is all as often concepts tend to be more attributed to people who name and put them into popular use than all those whose work they built on to get there.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
In other woke world news though a bit old now

cancelling a talk with an ISIS sex slavery survivor for fears it would result in Islamophobia to allow her to tell her story

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Some more admittedly random ones from twitter.

Having to respect a persons privacy in a Gender Neutral Bathroom environment because you're male and are apparently meant to know the other person is female rather than just using the fucking toilet because it's a bathroom for everyone and the expectation for privacy from the other sex apparently is still a thing being expected now.

Work forces pronouns on persons emails. Does so by assuming based on how she looks

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well it's happened.
Inside Edition which I checked and is claimed to be a left wing source trying to suggest Fallout 3 played a role in creating a school shooter because of an Oppenheimer quote...... no really oh and he played GTA

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Great quote from the newest episode of It's Always Sunny

"My rational thinking and my desire for an open dialogue were a dead giveaway. It was all starting to make sense. See, this generation doesn't even understand half the shit that they're saying. They aren't more ethical than us. They just want to be perceived as such. And who could blame them? I mean, they've spent their entire adult lives only 280 characters away from being tweeted into oblivion.

Either way, I took a new tack... Simply regurgitating back to them exactly what they're saying to each other in their ridiculous echo chambers is all they want. And then, we can get what we want.
"

- Dennis Reynolds

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Great quote from the newest episode of It's Always Sunny

"My rational thinking and my desire for an open dialogue were a dead giveaway. It was all starting to make sense. See, this generation doesn't even understand half the shit that they're saying. They aren't more ethical than us. They just want to be perceived as such. And who could blame them? I mean, they've spent their entire adult lives only 280 characters away from being tweeted into oblivion.

Either way, I took a new tack... Simply regurgitating back to them exactly what they're saying to each other in their ridiculous echo chambers is all they want. And then, we can get what we want.
"

- Dennis Reynolds
Please tell me you've just embraced becoming a parody account now because otherwise.... wow....

You do realize that Dennis (and everyone else in the gang) is very explicitly a bad person, and the entire point of the show is how the gang is consistently wrong about everything but never learns from their experiences?

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
"The whole purpose of buying the boat in the first place was to get the ladies nice and tipsy topside so we can take 'em to a nice comfortable place below deck and, you know, they can't refuse, because of the implication. (...)Well, dude, dude, think about it. She's out in the middle of nowhere with some dude she barely knows. You know, she looks around and what does she see? Nothin' but open ocean. "Ahh, there's nowhere for me to run! What am I gonna do, say no?" (...)The implication that things might go wrong for her if she refuses to sleep with me. Now, not that things are gonna go wrong for her, but she's thinkin' that they will."

~Dennis Reynolds

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Please tell me you've just embraced becoming a parody account now because otherwise.... wow....

You do realize that Dennis (and everyone else in the gang) is very explicitly a bad person, and the entire point of the show is how the gang is consistently wrong about everything but never learns from their experiences?
The point of the show is that they're assholes, not that they're always wrong. If you can't see there's very valid points there while being, yes, a satire, you've become the parody yourself. Who is complaining about the environment incessantly and who's also all into cryptocurrencies? A person driving a Tesla and having some Bitcoin is a walking contradiction. And how are you going to say the echo chamber part isn't extremely true in this day and age? It's like the latest South Park episode that came true less than 24 hours after it aired, South Park is a satire and people acting exactly like said satire makes it all the funnier and sad at the same time.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Woke World is waking up to the idea that cancelling a person over something petty tends to not work and in fact backfire leading to them getting more support

Oh sorry "Consequences of social transgressions" whatever a social transgression counts as these days.