Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Oh look you declared victory by your own rules just like I literally predicted you would.

Funny how awfully predictable you are. Maybe take a moment and have some introspection because you chose to step in to throw metaphorical mud at me here and well it makes you look rather bitter at having lost countless arguments vs me or tried to call me out so many times before and failed. Maybe try some actual arguments in future rather than attempted gotchas
Yes, yes, you're very persecuted, we know.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Funny because I brought up and said the name of the ship before you brought up the name of one.

I literally said the name of the ship did that not tip you off a bit?
After I first posted the two sources, you literally said you were referring to the "first account" in your very first response, which was here. Very strange that I took that to mean.... uhrm, the first account that I posted.

I'm very, very sorry that I didn't realise sooner that you'd failed to even look at the right source. My mistake; I assumed you wouldn't make such an asinine mistake, or at the very least that you would go back and check before accusing others of getting the source wrong.

I don't think you've ever been proved right in your time posting here [...]
Me: They were slaves aboard the Arrogante, it says so right there in the source.

You: No it doesn't, they weren't slaves, the source doesn't say that!

Me: *directly quotes source*

You: That's not in the source!

Me: You're looking at the wrong source. Look at the other one, which actually talks about the Arrogante.

You: *further pointless blather and denial*

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
After I first posted the two sources, you literally said you were referring to the "first account" in your very first response, which was here. Very strange that I took that to mean.... uhrm, the first account that I posted.

I'm very, very sorry that I didn't realise sooner that you'd failed to even look at the right source. My mistake; I assumed you wouldn't make such an asinine mistake, or at the very least that you would go back and check before accusing others of getting the source wrong.

Me: They were slaves aboard the Arrogante, it says so right there in the source.

Me: You're looking at the wrong source. Look at the other one, which actually talks about the Arrogante.

Spoken like a true goal poster. Much appreciated honesty, but you'll never get anything with him. It's all he ever does.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

The actual big argument here again just to refresh your memory as to what the claim was you were trying to argue in support of.

"White people killed Black people to eat them as a delicacy and this was just seen as fine and accepted in the past"

So once again.

Wasn't shown to be seen as fine
Wasn't white people killing black people to eat themselves even if the event did happen

So no it wasn't a delicacy
Also the fact it ended up in court being tried suggests it wasn't fine and accepted that even the suggestion of it happening warranted a trial.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Spoken like a true goal poster. Much appreciated honesty, but you'll never get anything with him. It's all he ever does.
Fundamentally, I question what the value is of any useful conversation based on the notion that you read someone say something on Twitter / TikTok etc.

The point of social media is that it facilitates people to say anything to everyone, and the people able to voice their opinions includie all the people who are ignorant, stupid and gullible. Thus the ability to find someone in the world who says something iffy is almost infinite. So what on earth is the point of bothering? Unless there's some sort of significant social movement or impact, then it is merely trivial and unserious to make anything of it. There's an element of the saying "Who is the greater fool, the fool or the fool who follows him" about it all.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There's an element of the saying "Who is the greater fool, the fool or the fool who follows him" about it all.
Yep, there are a lot of fools that like to hear themselves talk, while swallowing shit from other fools that like to hear themselves talk.

See a fool, leave a fool.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Fundamentally, I question what the value is of any useful conversation based on the notion that you read someone say something on Twitter / TikTok etc.

The point of social media is that it facilitates people to say anything to everyone, and the people able to voice their opinions includie all the people who are ignorant, stupid and gullible. Thus the ability to find someone in the world who says something iffy is almost infinite. So what on earth is the point of bothering? Unless there's some sort of significant social movement or impact, then it is merely trivial and unserious to make anything of it. There's an element of the saying "Who is the greater fool, the fool or the fool who follows him" about it all.
That could be said about the regular Qanon twitter account posts in the Anti-Woke world thread honestly.

Either be done with me or actually argue with me pick one of the two rather than sitting throwing bitter invectives from the side lines.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Either be done with me or actually argue with me pick one of the two rather than sitting throwing bitter invectives from the side lines.
Truth sucks doesn't it? And how about you don't talk to me at all? It's the better option and save yourself the humiliation and heart attack.

I have you on ignore, so I don't have to look at your comments. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I know I had a few days off, so I might have missed this. Anyway...

A truck driver in Colorado get 110 YEARS in jail for an accident in 2019. The accident killed 4, he could have been speeding at 85 but he was also going down a hill at the time. So it might be hard for a truck to maintain appropriate speeds. Oh, AND HIS BRAKES WEREN'T WORKING

And somehow this deserves 110 years

Why is it here in this thread? The prosecutor is a restorative justice advocate. Somehow. A juror stated while the truck driver made mistakes, not 110 years worth. And they would never given out the guilty verdict otherwise. The judge said something similar. But now his life is gone

But what about the truck company I hear you say? The ones that failed to provide an adequate truck? Yeah, there was evidence provided that they regularly had faulty brake on trucks. Oh.... you meant, did they get charged? What do you think? Of course not

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Truth sucks doesn't it?
It can do.
Shame you and it are such strangers.

And how about you don't talk to me at all? It's the better option and save yourself the humiliation and heart attack.
I happily would leave you alone for the most part to wallow in your self delusions. But you do have such a habit of getting upset and salty on the sidelines and feeling the need to make bold unsubstantiated claims so often.

I have you on ignore, so I don't have to look at your comments. Deal with it.
Seem more like you wish to ignore what is being said and throw out wild claims unopposed, which would be rather ignorant of you.

Kinda funny you telling me to deal with it when it is rather evidence you very much can't simply deal with the fact I'm hear and not saying what you seem to wish to hear.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
It doesn't need to, but only because it already did that about 150 years ago and successfully claimed the territory it wanted. Plus, if we want to expand from Mexico and Canada, the USA decided to take Hawaii, Philippines, Cuba; there's Guantanamo Bay and hardly a shortage of interventions in places like Nicaragua, Panama, and lower level interference all over Central and Southern America much more recently.

We might also note that the Trump administration challenged Canada's sovereignty over the Northwest Passage, which is incredibly clearly Canadian territorial waters (the USA relies on a dubious interpretation of international law).
The USA is a dying empire. That's why a lot of what is continuously being thrown at the US is from the past and their current misbehavior is clearly less intrusive than it was in the past. Obviously there is still plenty to complain about and I wouldn't praise their foreign policy anytime soon.
However I feel like it is rather stupid on all levels to minimise the threat and misdeeds of a rising fascist empire by using a losing empire as a reference.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Wokest prosecutor in the land can't fight mandatory minimums
I dare say to get some restorative justice for others, some had to be targeted with harsher sentences and more charges

Still, I think this is a huge mistake and defeats her purpose. But there seems to be a bunch of fuck ups and no one willing to say stop. Including the judge

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If I can't get you to acknowledge the simplest mistake (they were slaves, it said so in the source, and you said over and over that they weren't and it didn't) then there's no use continuing.
I accept I failed to spot the first source you posted which didn't actually embed and I thought was just the link for the second source (Like how it works on discord).

So will you accept how your source doesn't support the claim you're trying to prove with it?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I accept I failed to spot the first source you posted which didn't actually embed and I thought was just the link for the second source (Like how it works on discord).
Like blood from a stone.

So will you accept how your source doesn't support the claim you're trying to prove with it?
The specific claim I made was (in the exact words): "cannibalism of black people did literally happen". That was here.

It was for that claim that you said "Citation needed". And it was for that claim that I provided those two links, one for the Arrogante, and the other for the Essex (where black sailors were eaten first) and Nat Turner.

So yeah, I believe 2 instances of black people being cannibalised supports the claim "cannibalism of black people did literally happen".

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The specific claim I made was (in the exact words): "cannibalism of black people did literally happen". That was here.
And yet the thing you were objecting to me posting to laugh at was the claim Black people were killed and eaten by white people as a delicacy...........

It's a really dumb argument to try and claim "Well I only said cannibalism of Black people happened in the world" when there's recorded evidence of literal cannibal tribes.

It was for that claim that you said "Citation needed". And it was for that claim that I provided those two links, one for the Arrogante, and the other for the Essex (where black sailors were eaten first) and Nat Turner.

So yeah, I believe 2 instances of black people being cannibalised supports the claim "cannibalism of black people did literally happen".
The Black Sailors also apparently died first on the Essex and weren't specifically eaten just cause they were black. Also it doesn't support the idea it was a widespread practice.

Hell there's plenty of instances of white people being cannibalised but it would be stupid to push the claim that there's a history of and culture of white people being cannibalised in the supposed civilised world and how widespread a practice it is was just totally covered etc etc.