Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Who gives a flying rat's arse about Fortnite copying yet another game's idea though?
They pretty much wholesale lifted the ideas and mechanics of an indie studio around the peak of their success to throw into Fortnite while Innersloth the developers of AmongUs have been trying to do a co-lab with Fortnite for a while now. It's pretty scummy to see one of the biggest most profitable games on the planet just lifting stuff from an indie studio to plug into their game especially when said indie studio has been trying to work with them on something for a while.

Reactions: MrCalavera

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
They pretty much wholesale lifted the ideas and mechanics of an indie studio around the peak of their success to throw into Fortnite while Innersloth the developers of AmongUs have been trying to do a co-lab with Fortnite for a while now. It's pretty scummy to see one of the biggest most profitable games on the planet just lifting stuff from an indie studio to plug into their game especially when said indie studio has been trying to work with them on something for a while.
Like how Fortnite directly lifted the Battle Royal mode from a smaller indie developer's game called PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds or whatever it was called?

Still don't see this causing such large waves as to need a counter marketing strategy in the form of a "woke shield".

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Like how Fortnite directly lifted the Battle Royal mode from a smaller indie developer's game called PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds or whatever it was called?
The funny thing is, back when the game was Fortnite: Save the World, a weird little third-person shooter/tower defense game, nobody gave a damn about it. Then Epic decided to piggyback on an already-established popular genre, and boom went the dynamite.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
The funny thing is, back when the game was Fortnite: Save the World, a weird little third-person shooter/tower defense game, nobody gave a damn about it. Then Epic decided to piggyback on an already-established popular genre, and boom went the dynamite.
I always thought that Save the World looked like fun to play with friends, but held off from buying because I was waiting for a price drop.

Never ended up getting it though. Felt weird paying for it when their Battle Royal mode was making them money hand over fist.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Still don't see this causing such large waves as to need a counter marketing strategy in the form of a "woke shield".
Well the idea for PuBG wasn't super new itself with things like Minecraft Hunger Games maps and I think it was H1Z1 that put in a similar mode first. But yeh still not great of Fortnite to steam the thunder from said title either.

Though PuBG wasn't quite such a small team as Among Us and Fortnite did add something at least by having the building stuff as part of the game still.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Man, you certainly made my life easy by providing an example

Also, Sarkesian, pretending a potential incident that hasn't happened in a bathroom should lead to laws, using Yaniv as a cudgel against a demographic, pretending Biden is pro what the Taliban is currently doing...

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I wouldn't agree that shippers are all progressives like this person does here but I would say you are more likely to be. Shippers and antis in generally are nuts, particularly when it deemed you ALWAYS have to ship (or not). It should be a case by case basis

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Man, you certainly made my life easy by providing an example

Also, Sarkesian, pretending a potential incident that hasn't happened in a bathroom should lead to laws, using Yaniv as a cudgel against a demographic, pretending Biden is pro what the Taliban is currently doing...
You know when you claim I made threads about those things specifically misrepresenting them you kinda have to prove I actually made threads about he first then in the initial thread creation also misrepresented them.

You know that right? Or I can just accuse you of stuff too and it would be fairs fair right?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I mentioned the crime happening in an area close to my college while in class, and immediately got signs. I don't agree with this sentiment. You have the right to your own opinions, but not your own reality. When there is a shooting or mugging by a group in a car, there is a shooting or robbery. That's a fact.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well guess all those people telling others to kill themselves are encouraging cultural appropriation now lol

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Want me to save you a spot in the pit?

But in seriousness there's been a far lower Vaccine take up among POCs at least in the USA because you know pretty nasty history of the USA experimenting on POC which was recently brought back into public consciousness by the likes of Falcon and The Winter Soldier .
Must we use the term POC? Surely I'm not the only person that sees the easy slur POCs can be turned into if it becomes truly mainstream?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Must we use the term POC? Surely I'm not the only person that sees the easy slur POCs can be turned into if it becomes truly mainstream?
Well every other phrase that has probably less potential to be offensive got deemed racist already lol. Then even if you list generic ethnicities it's deemed problematic for grouping so many together. Even saying "Non white people" has been deemed offensive because it's framing other races from the perspective of another one. I know what you mean though, it's pretty bad how easy it could become an insult.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
In other news from woke world

Apparently the Saints Row franchise was just a Dark Gritty attempt to do a photorealistic GTA Ripp Off and people are mad because the reboot now has a district art style and feel

Welcome to what some idiots actually think and are pushing on twitter

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
So we should stop saying it not because it is offensive, but because it could conceivably at some hypothetical point in the future become offensive. Whatever you say, PC Police.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So we should stop saying it not because it is offensive, but because it could conceivably at some hypothetical point in the future become offensive. Whatever you say, PC Police.
It's not hard to see how it could be used as an insult I mean come on POC, there literally used to be a term in the past to refer to people that could easily come back even if smallpox isn't going to come back.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You know when you claim I made threads about those things specifically misrepresenting them you kinda have to prove I actually made threads about he first then in the initial thread creation also misrepresented them.

You know that right? Or I can just accuse you of stuff too and it would be fairs fair right?
You keep using this word misrepresenting. I do not think it means what you think it means

Reactions: BrawlMan