Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Welcome to woke world where you'll make veiled allegations against nebulous people to claim the industry needs fixing and it's having it's Metoo moment but you don't dare actually name the people because that could actually be a risk and would require courage in your conviction and belief your claim and those you've heard hold weight

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Welcome to woke world where you'll make veiled allegations against nebulous people to claim the industry needs fixing and it's having it's Metoo moment but you don't dare actually name the people because that could actually be a risk and would require courage in your conviction and belief your claim and those you've heard hold weight

And if she named the people she'd be leading an online lynch mob without evidence.

Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. Course, she could've just walked past the Ubisoft booth

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Dunno if you know this, but Chauvin was sentenced to 22.5 years for murder
Oh I know, BTW my bad when I hit quote it split what I'd written so what you quoted there was meant in relation to Silvanus not you.

And if she named the people she'd be leading an online lynch mob without evidence.

Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. Course, she could've just walked past the Ubisoft booth
She'd at least be sticking to her principals and trying to help people and expose abuse like she claims to now want to help do.

I mean she was more than happy to share allegations against an innocent man before and apparently wasn't troubled by his suicide to unshare them or even point out the mistake and evidence that came to light after. But hey apparently it's fine to go after an indie dev with a history of mental illness and depression but going after wealthy executives, can't do that now can we?

This is the same Anita who still won't share or support the claims against Joss Whedon by the way or even made a statement about how accepting his seeming endorsement of her project may have been a mistake in hindsight......

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Oh I know, BTW my bad when I hit quote it split what I'd written so what you quoted there was meant in relation to Silvanus not you.

She'd at least be sticking to her principals and trying to help people and expose abuse like she claims to now want to help do.

I mean she was more than happy to share allegations against an innocent man before and apparently wasn't troubled by his suicide to unshare them or even point out the mistake and evidence that came to light after. But hey apparently it's fine to go after an indie dev with a history of mental illness and depression but going after wealthy executives, can't do that now can we?

This is the same Anita who still won't share or support the claims against Joss Whedon by the way or even made a statement about how accepting his seeming endorsement of her project may have been a mistake in hindsight......
So... pro-canceller now are we?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

So, she should have shared, without provable evidence, claims that certain specific people were sex abusers and/or participated in hostile work environments, just like that time she did so that caused an innocent man to kill himself?

That's your argument?

You know, when I said "damned if she does, damned if she doesn't", it was a criticism of that type of thinking

Reactions: MrCalavera

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
All cops. All.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
What did they do the rest of the year?
Well their jobs of trying to protect the public and dealing with criminals and rather than rage against the people being paid to enforce the rules of the system maybe get mad at the system that put a number of them in place. But hey that would include acknowledging a certain vice presidents role where she helped bring in a number of laws herself that caused some of the stuff you seem to want to rage about.