Gabe Newell Goes Down Under Thanks to Internet

mintfresh

Nov 28, 2007
Not only is he really going, but giving the cash to charity as well? Kudos to the guy, to the whole company really. I wish more developers, heck, businesses in general, would realise that goodwill and quality go much further towards gaining and keeping fans and customers than gimmicks, rushjobs and cold corporate mannerisms. Valve has so many fans not because of its good game (though they certainly help) but more because of how involved they are in the community, and the impression they give to it in general.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Wow lets hope he puts that crowbar to good use and puts them in there place go convince 'em valve!

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
Awesome hopefully Gabe will see the Mod then stop boycotting it.
Croaker42 said:
Huh what would an all powerfull gamer based entity do to the world?
Call the graphics engine lame, the gameplay shit and go back inside to drink atleast 500 gallons of cola, most probably...

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Jimmy_shredshot said:
Awesome hopefully Gabe will see the Mod then stop boycotting it.
Croaker42 said:
Huh what would an all powerfull gamer based entity do to the world?
Call the graphics engine lame, the gameplay shit and go back inside to drink atleast 500 gallons of cola, most probably...
Sounds about right.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Amnestic said:
SomeBritishDude said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
He's probably going to get eaten by a kangaroo. That happens all the time down there, doesn't it?
It'd have to be a pretty hungry kangaroo to eat Gabe.
And so the fat jokes begin.

Cue the OBJECTION!ers in 3...2...

It's cool that he actually went. There really needs to be a new picture of the guy though :p
Yeah but it's kind of...apt, much in the way that the picture of Hideo Kojima riding a duck is apt. And I like Gabe and all but hey, the man is huge.

Also it's really classy of them to donate the money to charity, and there's the added bonus of the fact that he might be able to convince Australia's heads of state to stop being so tight-assed with the video game ratings system. Also there's a chance I will win one million dollars right...now.

...ok now.

...it might take a while...

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
GrinningManiac said:
Am I the only one also bedazzled by the size of that FREAKING MONITOR!?!?!
NO YOU ARE NOT, Good lord do I have glitter in my eyes or does that thing sparkle with some kind of holy light?

...I want one. And...is he playing...seriously?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Does he come from a Land Down Under?
Where women glow and men plunder?

Mrsnugglesworth said:
I'm boycotting a mod.

Now give me 3000 dollars.

Please?
Sorry, you need to be head of a multimillion game developers first.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I said this before but I'll say it again, I really hope this guy's mod is really, really good.

I don't want to imagine Gabe trying it out and saying "ummmm....well....you want to play L4D2 now?"

This story must end happily!

Piotr621

Jan 6, 2009
Yet another great show of the dedication Valve has to it's fans. It's this very dedication that makes them one of the greatest developers out there. Also...
CantFaketheFunk said:
He's probably going to get eaten by a kangaroo. That happens all the time down there, doesn't it?

Yes it does. I also ride a crocodile to school and have a pet kookabura. I also have a wardrobe full of leather outfits and always have a kukri by my side.

Sibbo

Mar 6, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
No we have Dropbears an animal closely related to the koala only not a lazy shite that sleeps all day. They wait in trees for small mammels such as wallabies and Tasmanian devils to walk underneath the tree, then they drop out of the tree fall on their prey and devour them. They have been known to attack small children and on a few occasions bodies of adult males have been found bearing their distinctive attack marks. Luckily since white settlers first arrived in the 1700's the numbers of Dropbears have declined greatly due to hunting and they can be found only in isolated pockets infrequented by humans. Several research groups like the CSIRO are currently conducting studies on the remaining population.

mambodog

Jul 8, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Nah mate, dropbears [http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/hakujinninja/dropbear1.jpg]. They go straight for the jugular.

EDIT: Ahh you guys beat me to it.