Game Articles and Videos Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
From the modder behind Doom RT and Serious Sam RT, comes Half-Life RT. Except it's delayed, so they got us Quake RT instead.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Remember that Blizzard Diversity bot or algorhythm or whatever kerfuffle? Apparently someone dug up some info and managed to derive a rough 'tier' list from it

It's fun. I invite everyone to laugh at this hilarious arbritrary yet inconcistent thing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Remember that Blizzard Diversity bot or algorhythm or whatever kerfuffle? Apparently someone dug up some info and managed to derive a rough 'tier' list from it

It's fun. I invite everyone to laugh at this hilarious arbitrary yet inconcistent thing.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I’m not tainting (or tarnishing?) the main ER thread with this -

And a rebuttal -
This is nothing new. It's Polygon up to their usual shenanigans. They're not even worth getting upset and making a fuss over. I'm glad people are calling them out, but they're not even worth the middle finger at this point. They're that pathetic. They won't even get a pity from me. They never did the first time around.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
This is nothing new. It's Polygon up to their usual shenanigans. They're not even worth getting upset and making a fuss over. I'm glad people are calling them out, but they're not even worth the middle finger at this point. They're that pathetic. They won't even get a pity from me. They never did the first time around.
I haven't bothered reading it because I doubt it's worth the few minutes to even do that and not worth the clicks. The title itself seems so incredibly clickbaity I don't want to give them the click.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

It's fun. I invite everyone to laugh at this hilarious arbritrary yet inconcistent thing.
If they'd like a better understanding of diversity, they could try hiring people who aren't young white straight American males and let them design some stuff.

(But no, that's pandering, somehow.)

Fighting game music.

I actually have the CD on that thumbnail.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Okay so there's a lot to talk about, although I feel like it would all boil down to "corporation can't win the the diversity battle"

But I just want to highlight that Bastion (the robot for those who never played) is considered non-binary. AH!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
But I just want to highlight that Bastion (the robot for those who never played) is considered non-binary. AH!
Afaik, Bastion does not identify as any gender at all, so technically yes, it is non-binary. Tho you could ask whether such terms really apply to something which ostensibly lacks the capacity to understand them, let alone self-identify as them.