Game Articles and Videos Thread

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Still haven’t played it, but it’s in my Steam library. Sounds like most people think the 2016 game is better anyways.
It's a lot tighter of an experience and everything felt more polish, if eternal was a stand alone game, my recommendation to the team would have been to play 2016 to see how to improve their game. But eternal isn't a bad game at all, its a fun game, like solid 7/10.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I know that this is a "he said, other he said" situation from my perspective, but Bethesda has a far longer confirmed history of fucking up video games than Mick Gordon does of fucking up music.

Still haven’t played it, but it’s in my Steam library. Sounds like most people think the 2016 game is better anyways.
I'm not a fan of how arcadey Eternal is, and something about it gives me headaches. I quit playing a couple of hours in and I honestly regret buying it, but I've had it too long to return it. Dumb thing is, one of the reasons I got it was to make Let's Play videos for it, and now I don't even do videos anymore.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm not a fan of how arcadey Eternal is...
That part doesn't bother me, and even Doom 4 had it there. There is even an arcade mode in Doom 4 that came as a free update. My main problem is the worst and tedious platforming, and that stupid purple sludge that slows you down for some reason. None of that is fun, nor belongs in a Doom game. I rather just get Prodeous, because that plays like a better Doom title by comparison and isolated.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Interesting perspective from one of the most beloved voice actors of all time. Especially with all the talk lately about video game Voice acting.

He seems to show some level of dislike for video game voice work here. Which makes you wonder what Rocksteady was doing with Arkham Knight, since it appears that this interview was done during or right after the game's development. I still consider Knight to be one of the lesser performances from Conroy, and this clip deepens my suspicion that it was mostly the developer's fault.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
My main problem is the worst and tedious platforming
That sure as hell doesn't help anything, yeah. First-person platforming is seldom done right, and Eternal is no Mirror's Edge.

and that stupid purple sludge that slows you down for some reason.
I have no idea why they put that in there. Nobody plays a Doom game (except 3) to go slow.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nobody plays a Doom game (except 3) to go slow.
Yet the Marine in Doom 3 and The Engineer from Ressurection of Evil both move faster than the Doomslayer walking on purple sludge. Doom64slayer moves faster than Doomslayer in purple sludge.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Everybody should watch this short and informative video about the origins of the Roblox "ooof" sound, it's pretty weird