Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
@Dalisclock, it begins.....

I look forward to hearing Pat and Woolie discuss this game. ESPECIALLY the ending. Hearing them discuss the Suicide mission was a lot of fun.

Especially "The Reapers are coming to beat your ass, but it's a long way from Texas and you sabotaged their car so they have to take the bus" which might be the best summation of Mass Effect 2 I've ever heard.

Last edited:

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I wonder what a Pokémon remade from the ground up today would be like(something Sterling mentioned in that video). The best I can think of is that the turned based battling might be ditched, or if the emphasis was more on "having an animal" than "that you can battle with" it might be a different beast altogether.

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

This is a good article. Obviously.
Yeah pretty good, making a quick ranking in my head before reading it I got pretty close to that, replace the FF14 that I don't know with Sabine for motherfucking suplexing a train.

Balthier is really the main character of 12 (quite literally early on in development). Vivi is just a great character by default with a very nice arc. Aerith is impossible not to like, add to the her ultimate demise, in whats still a ballsy move, and its easy to see why she'll always be #1. Prompto is the only character from FF15 that I didn't end the game intensely hating.

Special mention to Rydia from FF4 for growing up fast and FF10 Wakka's hair for always standing up for the right cause.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I wonder what a Pokémon remade from the ground up today would be like(something Sterling mentioned in that video). The best I can think of is that the turned based battling might be ditched, or if the emphasis was more on "having an animal" than "that you can battle with" it might be a different beast altogether.
Depends on what you mean by "From the ground up" because that would imply an entirely new franchise under the same sort of idea, which would immediately fail due to Pokemon already existing.

But if you mean a modern reboot using (likely) a Gen 1 and maybe some 2 and 3 mixed in. Then you would have the same games we've been getting tbh. Again it kind of depends on if we are moving it to a HD console like Ps5 or onto the PC or what exactly we are doing with it.

That being said, the turn-based and rock-paper-scissor's combat set up is brilliantly designed already as it fits well for kids to play, but also with items, and status moves there is a lot of depth for competition.

I don't really know if there is value in a ground up built game unless you are upping the technical aspect of the game.

Scarlet and Violet are fucked up because Gamefreak itself is a terrible studio with far too small of a team. They are making games with the same philosophy as when they made old gameboy games, and that will never hold up into a modern standard.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah pretty good, making a quick ranking in my head before reading it I got pretty close to that, replace the FF14 that I don't know with Sabine for motherfucking suplexing a train.

Balthier is really the main character of 12 (quite literally early on in development). Vivi is just a great character by default with a very nice arc. Aerith is impossible not to like, add to the her ultimate demise, in whats still a ballsy move, and its easy to see why she'll always be #1. Prompto is the only character from FF15 that I didn't end the game intensely hating.

Special mention to Rydia from FF4 for growing up fast and FF10 Wakka's hair for always standing up for the right cause.
I wonder how I'd rank them if I had to pull someone from every possible game.

1. Tifa (7) only because I like her better than Aerith and she's there the whole time.
2. Wakka (10) he is honestly the second person I think of when I think of good companion characters
3. Vivi (9) he is the only choice from that game tbh.
4. Glaidolus (15) I like that he would call Noctis out on his princey crybaby crap
5. Fran (12) hot bunny girl, doesn't talk much. This game was bad so whatever
6. Sazh (13) The only real dude in a game that was even worse than 12.
7. Quistis (8) I dunno, she's a hot teacher I guess
8. Sabin (6) for the train thing.
9. Y'shtola (14) hot cat girl, everyone except you is useless in this game

Reactions: meiam