Game Articles and Videos Thread

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Oh, that account's whole schtick is making cherry-picked comparisons to 'prove' the superiority of pre-20th century Western art and architecture (which he pretty much equates with convervative christian culture). ricght-wing fuckery disguised as art snobbery.
Eh, I think there IS a valid reason for why someone could accomplish something like that at a young age far in the past more often than now and it's not about "good" or "bad" or whatever, just a difference of times. Back then education was more often something for rich people and even in the cases where you got education despite not growing up rich, it was later in life. Whereas now we have most children spending their time learning at a young age until they become adults rather than working.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yes, I am hyped, although I am being a bit cautious and not buying it on day one. Especially after the Calisto Protocol disappointment and Issac's new face modeled after Adam Saddler
Don't blame you; I have similar feelings towards Wanted: Dead. The game is an action throwback games like Ninja Gaiden and the original version of Devil's Third that got cancelled. I am loving the concept and enthusiasm, but I am not liking the upgrade skill tree system they presented. Forget the skill tree and just give a regular ass upgrade system.

Last edited:

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I really like SkillUp but I think his declaration about Forspoken being a "flop" may be a result of him being denied a review copy.
Yes, I understand why it's suspicious and I'm not defending the game or its marketing, but it's a little silly to declare the commercial judgement of a game that literally just came out.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I never played Dead Space but since I'm down for single-player, moderate-length, non-open-world campaigns, I may pick this up if the reviews are positive- which, for a remake, really means technical competence.
I know the game will do and be great, but just sucks that EA is the one publishing it. Considering, you know, than the one who asked the franchise and the original studio that made it.

I really like SkillUp but I think his declaration about Forspoken being a "flop" may be a result of him being denied a review copy.
Yes, I understand why it's suspicious and I'm not defending the game or its marketing, but it's a little silly to declare the commercial judgement of a game that literally just came out.
This is always been a problem in gaming discourse and the community. Whenever it's a game somebody either dislikes, they don't get a review code, or indifferent, they either assume or want it to fail. I know when Skill Up first started, that he always didn't get a review code, and usually didn't proclaim and assume that the game was going to be a failure, because he didn't get one. You're not special buddy; there are you and a million others who didn't get review codes for many games, regardless of quality.