Game Articles and Videos Thread

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
All the above in that photo can use a big long break. Though some of them just need to end permanently.
I get a kick at how much they talk about Assassins Creed, as all the critics agree that it's repetitive and unimaginative but still somehow invested in it.
This is going to be an interesting year for the franchise, as they try to literally go in every direction at the same time. On the small change one of the games turns out to be actually good, it will be fun to see the reaction from the industry and fans.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
get a kick at how much they talk about Assassins Creed, as all the critics agree that it's repetitive and unimaginative but still somehow invested in it.
Got to get that clickbait and view counter from somewhere.

On the small change one of the games turns out to be actually good, it will be fun to see the reaction from the industry and fans.
If it involves anything from Ubisoft, I'm still going to flip them off, regardless of quality.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I’m actually looking forward in the cringiest of ways to the day when AI cobbles together a feature length motion picture of any of these things. C’mon cloud computing, make it happen in 2023!

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I’m actually looking forward in the cringiest of ways to the day when AI cobbles together a feature length motion picture of any of these things. C’mon cloud computing, make it happen in 2023!
I think once the floodgate open there's going to be an issue with lots of low level movie/tv show being ai generated, which might actually makes things hard for small time creator trying to get started in the industry since it'll be hard for people to tell at a glance whether something is ai generated slop or genuinely worth watching.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I think once the floodgate open there's going to be an issue with lots of low level movie/tv show being ai generated, which might actually makes things hard for small time creator trying to get started in the industry since it'll be hard for people to tell at a glance whether something is ai generated slop or genuinely worth watching.
Well look on the bright side; if its AI generated then we won't get stupid arguments about actors or actresses being 'woke' or 'problematic'.

Reactions: meiam

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well look on the bright side; if its AI generated then we won't get stupid arguments about actors or actresses being 'woke' or 'problematic'.
That won't stop those idiots.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Well that’s all fine and good but who programmed these things?! Maybe we’ll need to start looking into that!!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm not really sure what Yathzee wants out of a game anymore. I honestly would think he would have dug pentiment for it's emphasis on characters and atmosphere but....I guess not?
According to the recent Slightly Something Else, Yahtzee's been enjoying the time management games and the games that emphasize doing home tasks or menial work tasks. Yahtzee clearly does not know what he wants at this point, because he's done everything and so much. The man is clearly looking for anything different, but not disappointing outside of a few exceptions. I make sure to change and mix it up once in a while, but I am not gonna force myself, and I know what I usually want.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Meh. Is anyone looking for information rather than entertainment from ZP now?
Judging by the comments on youtube, when these episodes are uploaded there, a decent I'm out. Not everyone does this of course. There are those that that are either there for comfort food, or they're going through a bad time in his videos relaxes them in some sort of way. Hell, on one of the podcast a few months back, one user even admitted that he was going through a bad time and watching Yahtzee on a podcast help him get through the day. That user's relative had passed away around that time.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I'm not really sure what Yathzee wants out of a game anymore. I honestly would think he would have dug pentiment for it's emphasis on characters and atmosphere but....I guess not?
Sometimes I think he just needs to stay in character regardless of a game’s quality or whatever he personally thinks of it. Or he’s just having a rough go of things lately, burned out, whatever and takes it out on new releases at random. Either way it’s not too cool.

Reactions: BrawlMan