Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I know in Part 1 of the video, Max talks about how never had much interests in much brawlers from the past, as "most of them were here's a punch, jump, and a few combos". While that was true for a good amount brawlers, this wasn't always the case, even before AVP Capcom. Just because you had only two buttons, doesn't mean there is not much depth, nor more couldn't be done. Look games like Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Ninja Baseball Batman, Undercover Cops, Violent Storm, or even Battle Circuit (a game Max really liked his first time playing). Most of those games only have two or three buttons with direction inputs and large move sets. I noticed tends favor heavily of brawlers that allow juggling/air juggling, air raid, or air combos of some kind. Mainly the modern brawlers of today. Fair enough, and understandable, but at least he acknowledges and understands why so many people enjoyed brawlers of the past. Yes, many of them were quarter munchers, but the same can be said for most fighting games against the AI that came from the arcade or arcade school design. Having an AI read your inputs ain't much better, even if you know how to cheese the damn thing. It still costed you lots of money at some point, Kenny.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I know about these, but thank you. The Shredder's Revenge cartridge is new for me though.
The cartridges are Chinese bootlegs from Ali Express, which, you know, kinda iffy. Tho some of them are apparently pretty good quality.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yahtzee, I appreciate your support for video game preservation, but RE4R is not going to replace the original (it does for me but that's not the point). Capcom knows this. Don't know what you are projecting on about. You can literally get the original on almost any console at this point. How is Capcom ever going to replace that? I get you don't like the game, but come off it and quit your crying.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Saw a glance in my recommendations feed, but never watched until now. Thanks again. Lucifer I never cared much for. I know it has depth, but found it frustrating to use. Gun to my head: I'd always take Nevan in a heartbeat over Lucifer. Nevan was difficult to use as well, but it was usually a matter of where you tilted the LS. You brought back some old memories.

This is the reason why I am not to subscribed Ghenry Perez. He's got some good videos, and while he has some valid complaints about Hi-Fi Rush, I can't stand when someone personally attacks a creator or shits on them unnecessarily. I get you don't like John Johanas work and all, but the guy ain't a bad person. Nor should you insult a voice actor for doing their job. This isn't the mid to late 2000s anymore. If you want to be seen as mature, then cut that shit out. I wouldn't call the game "too easy" either. Sure, I didn't die much, but there are some difficult sections, even on Normal. YMMV with Chai and the overall cast, but I love all the characters. Chai is not as annoying as Perez makes him out to be.

Another thing Perez, if you're not that interested in Tango Games, because Mikami and Nakamura left, then you came in for the shallowest reasons. You might as well pack up and leave now. I'm glad you want to support something different and is way more artistic, but you can't have it both way. Either you're into the developers, or not. I miss Mikami and Nakamura as well, but the former wants the next generation to take over, and the latter has matters of her own to attend in towards building legacy. Mikami wants these developers and new people to spread their wings. He won't be around forever, and I respect and support his choice to step down.

Sorry, if I am coming off critical of the guy, but I hate when people go too far into something they don't like, or unnecessarily bash something. Like I said before, Perez has good content, but he can too contentious with certain opinions and goes too far at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2