Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was not expecting Scott to review this game. Not big on his reviews, but I know he's a cool guy.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Might the latest Bond movie have inadvertently sabotaged the upcoming MGS movie?

It would be ironic given how Sony is involved.
We're assuming the MGS movie is gonna come out any time soon to start with. That movie has been in development hell for a fucking long time at this point.

And let's not forget any MGS film is basically going to live or die on it's own flaw and merits and how well it manages to turn MGS into an actual GOOD movie, which to be honest, I'm not fucking hopeful for at all.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Might the latest Bond movie have inadvertently sabotaged the upcoming MGS movie?

It would be ironic given how Sony is involved.
We're assuming the MGS movie is gonna come out any time soon to start with. That movie has been in development hell for a fucking long time at this point.

And let's not forget any MGS film is basically going to live or die on it's own flaw and merits and how well it manages to turn MGS into an actual GOOD movie, which to be honest, I'm not fucking hopeful for at all.
Captain America: Winter Soldier already claimed the best Metal Gear Solid movie ever made. It didn't even need the variation of FOXDIE or the Blacklight Virus.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
That giant airship is basically the equivalent of a Metal Gear. It's a flying Metal Gear. More than good enough for me.
The Marvel movies lack imagination. Where are the cool villains like Revolver Ocelot, Vulkan Raven, Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf, etc. Plus no stealth action.

I’d still like to see what can be done with MGS on the big screen in the correct hands.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Marvel movies lack imagination. Where are the cool villains like Revolver Ocelot, Vulkan Raven, Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf, etc. Plus no stealth action.
Bucky is the Winter Soldier and is basically the equivalent of Grey Fox in this scenario. So at least you get that.

I'm not holding out hope for a Metal Gear Solid movie. Best of luck if it actually happens, but I highly doubt it.

Also, there are some Marvel movies that do have imagination. I say this, and I don't like all of Marvel's stuff either.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Bucky is the Winter Soldier and is basically the equivalent of Grey Fox in this scenario. So at least you get that.

I'm not holding out hope for a metal gear solid movie. Best of luck if it actually happens, but I highly doubt it.

Also, there are some Marvel movies that do you have imagination. I say this, and I don't like all of Marvel's stuff either.
Iron Man and Doc Strange are still the high points IMO. Captain America’s were too bland thematically and the plots felt like higher budget rehashes of things being done the last 50 years, starting with Bond. Black Panther was a nice change of setting. None of the Avengers ultimately sit well as actually good movies imo because there are simply too many characters and it mostly boils down to comical spectacle. I’ve heard Black Widow was good though too.

Having said that, Scorsese is only like, 50% correct with the cinema statement.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Iron Man and Doc Strange are still the high points IMO. Captain America’s were too bland thematically and the plots felt like higher budget rehashes of things being done the last 50 years, starting with Bond. Black Panther was a nice change of setting. None of the Avengers ultimately sit well as actually good movies imo because there are simply too many characters and it mostly boils down to comical spectacle. I’ve heard Black Widow was good though too.

Having said that, Scorsese is only like, 50% correct with the cinema statement.
Iron Man 2 sucked, as does most of the phase 2 movies. I don't find the Captain America movies bland thematically. The first movie is only weak in the part of that it was just regular good. I do love doctor strange, and Thor Ragnarok got pretty creative. Especially in regards of the prophecy twist of Ragnarok. Both Guardians of the Galaxy movies are creative in my opinion. Black Panther is awesome and did something different in setting. Shang-Chi got pretty creative and awesome action sequences. I also like this story and dynamic between the heroes and the villain.

Martin Scorsese can eat a bag of dicks. He's just another crying old man, that got upset because his gangster movies are no longer popular as they used to be. It's a new generation, deal with it you old fart. He did later back pedal and concede, but it was only after so much backlash. To call all superhero movies meaningless roller coaster rides is an insult, and speaks as somebody that's being vindictive, because they're no longer in the limelight as much, or not at all. I'll take something that is diverse or different, then another movie about racist, asshole, mobsters. Plus, the Irishman is not good. Too long for its own damn good. My mom, who is a big Martin Scorsese fan, even hates it.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Iron Man 2 sucked, as does most of the phase 2 movies. I don't find the Captain America movies bland thematically, , nor for any reason. The first movie is only weak in the part of that it was just regular good. I do love doctor strange, and Thor Ragnarok got pretty creative. Especially in regards of the prophecy twist of Ragnarok. Both Guardians of the Galaxy movies are creative in my opinion. Black panther is awesome and did something different in setting. Shang-Chi got pretty creative and awesome action sequences. I also like this story and dynamic between the heroes and the villain.

Martin Scorsese can eat a bag of dicks. He's just another crying old man, I got upset because his gangster movies are no longer popular as they used to be. It's a new generation, deal with you old fart. He did later back pedal and concede, but it was only after so much backlash. To call all superhero movies meaningless roller coaster rides is an insult and speaks as if somebody that's being vindictive because they're no longer in the limelight as much but not at all. I'll take something that is diverse or different, then another movie about racist, asshole, mobsters. Plus, the Irishman was not good. Too long for its own damn good. My mom, who is a big Martin Scorsese fan, even she hates it.
I forgot about Ragnarok, which was was pretty fun in a whacky sort of way. Agreed on Black Panther and the new setting and storyline. Guardians has a more interesting ensemble than Avengers, but Pratt plays too much of an idiot. I like him more in the Jurassic movies personally.

It took me four or five nights to finish Irishman, and was left wondering if I had to be Irish to find special value in it. I do like how Scorsese establishes some shots regarding filming style, but his bag of source material is worn to the point it holds nothing interesting anymore.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I'm not holding out hope for a metal gear solid movie. Best of luck if it actually happens, but I highly doubt it.

Also, there are some Marvel movies that do you have imagination. I say this, and I don't like all of Marvel's stuff either.
You forgot there's Red Skull and Skull Face(who has a skull for a face). Sure, Red Skull is a Nazi and Skull Face is....well, he's something(American but apparently born in Eastern Europe). He acts like a nazi half the time anyway(and yet ironically allies with the Soviets).

Skull Faces backstory is far more interesting then anything actually shown in the game itself.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
You forgot there's Red Skull and Skull Face(who has a skull for a face). Sure, Red Skull is a Nazi and Skull Face is....well, he's something(American but apparently born in Eastern Europe). He acts like a nazi half the time anyway(and yet ironically allies with the Soviets).

Skull Faces backstory is far more interesting then anything actually shown in the game itself.
Cassette tapes! They’re the concession for cutting down on cutscenes. Really though, being able to listen to them anywhere (and in some cases even use the loudspeaker option to get enemies’s attention) is pretty neat. Although I really wish the game had Long, Tall Sally because I’d set it for my chopper pickup.

Anyways,

Holy headshots Batman (and from the comments apparently no aimbots).

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Splatterhouse

Videos are in order from newest to oldest starting from the top.