Game Articles and Videos Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
8 bloody… *sigh* I miss the days where I’d actually have the time to watch something like that, even if it was only on a weekend.
To be honest, I kinda posted it as a joke. Tim Rogers has a rather unique style, not so much a review as long verbose monologues that happen to contain a review in between all the tangents.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Helps explain why there’s been such a push for games to be “cinematic” -

In other words, maybe it’s about time for companies like Sony to start thinking bigger.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Helps explain why there’s been such a push for games to be “cinematic” -

In other words, maybe it’s about time for companies like Sony to start thinking bigger.
Which is why I'm sticking with mostly AA indie games. The only AAA games I will bother with, are ones that acknowledge themselves as video games first and not as movies or "cinematic masterpieces".

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
Unsighted is apparently good enough that devs of other metroidvania games are shilling for it. Singlehandedly put it on my radar:

I bought it on a whim and I’m loving it so far. Have you tried out Eastward as well? I’d say it’s a nice touch on earthbound and Zelda.

Reactions: Dalisclock

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Thanks, I will watch in its entirety when I have more time this weekend. I will say, this boss def. lives up to its name. The only bright side is the game saving progress for each stage of the fight. Miyazaki had even apologized for this boss.

However, one of the comments referenced a cheap strategy that might take the sting out of the fight for anyone still playing -

I’d feel no shame in trying it if I ever do a playthrough of the remaster.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Or, or, instead of essentially publicly admitting the game was a failure and throwing your dev team under the bus while at it, you could've avoided that by, and just bear with me here, not going with the GaaS model, because I have a suspicion that decision came from your side.

Sigh, of course Andrew Wilson would look at NFTs and get a diamondhard erection.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Whitelight's Prototype Reviews and his idea for a Prototype 3. I still hate the second game.