Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Politics, "non-political", and backpedaling. And how much of a scumbag David Cage actually is. The Best Friend Crew called him out years ago before getting in to the business.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chimpzy

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
@Dalisclock, check this video out whenever you can, or when you finish up IV or Bloodlines.

Good video. While I did enjoy CV4, it's held back to some extent because it's basically a more refined and accessible remake of CV, so it's essentially the 3rd iteration of the "Storm the Castle, Kill Dracula" formula, whereas Bloodlines tries to do something new by having the European Tour going on(though there's a truncated version of Storming the castle in the first level of Bloodlines).

That and the fact 4 is a remake kinda suggests Bloodlines fits the True 4th game better then CV IV. It's a good remake,to be sure, but it's still trending the same ground as the first one.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Good video. While I did enjoy CV4, it's held back to some extent because it's basically a more refined and accessible remake of CV, so it's essentially the 3rd iteration of the "Storm the Castle, Kill Dracula" formula, whereas Bloodlines tries to do something new by having the European Tour going on(though there's a truncated version of Storming the castle in the first level of Bloodlines).

That and the fact 4 is a remake kinda suggests Bloodlines fits the True 4th game better then CV IV. It's a good remake,to be sure, but it's still trending the same ground as the first one.
I agree. Bloodlines finally got the true recognition it deserved darting back to the mid 2010s. Before this point, you had people online (mainly Nintendo/NES/SNES fan boy/girls) overly praising IV, downplaying what Bloodlines achieved or did better, or outright act as if Bloodlines was a lesser game because it was on a Sega console. Screw Attack kinda pushed this mindset as most people in charge at the time, were huge Nintendo fans back in the mid to late 2000s. I'm glad to see other give out actual opinions with research not just parroting others in an echo chamber.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Well, now I'm glad I never bought any of his games. Mostly because Jump Scare Chuck E Cheese isn't something I feel like spending time and money on but yeah, I never realized he's a bit of a turd until now(Well, technically I noticed ResetEra talking about it first because I occasionally lurk over there).
Good to know everyone in Escapist is in agreement about the fact Scott is a shitty homophobe. Biden Blessed indeed.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Demon's Souls is getting a PS4 release apparently. I'd say there goes the only reason to get a PS5 but what am I on about, I already Platted this game on PS3. Never had a reason to get a PS5 yet.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Demon's Souls is getting a PS4 release apparently. I'd say there goes the only reason to get a PS5 but what am I on about, I already Platted this game on PS3. Never had a reason to get a PS5 yet.
And Godfall is getting back ported to PS4, after Gearbox said it was impossible to do so. The irony. This why I am so glad not fall in to hype culture and fomo for a reason. Another to add at never buying another console at launch.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The grind itself is not surprising in the least though.
Destiny, Marvel's Avengers, and most other looters keep doing this. Why? They know it's screwed up yet they pretend to act like nothing's wrong and when they finally admit it, the act as if they're only ones that thought about it. Or that they're doing everyone a "favor". This is exactly why I don't deal with these type of games to begin with. I still remember when Max was trying to play nice and say that Avengers was a 7 out of 10 game. That was Bull and he knew it. He was just trying to be too nice. He sure as hell didn't share those feelings a few months after the fact.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Just goes to show that there was a lot of crappy marketing back then too.

You know, I kinda remember those gaming hint tapes back in the day but that HoJo video was......If I didn't know better I'd swear that was made as a joke, but of course some corpo saw that and thought "Man, this is totally cool and hip and won't make us look stupid at all".

On related note, I literally started watching AVGN like a week ago because I love being late to all the parties forever. He reminded me that Action 52 was a thing. I played Action 52(as a rental) and swore I got a broken copy of the game. Only later on did I realize all the copies were like that because it was just that poorly made, so I feel bad for him playing through that garbage on purpose, not being a dumb kid to picked it up on a whim at the video store because "52 games in one cartridge sounds cool" and had no idea almost all of them were broken trash. AND IT APPARENTLY COST $200!

I mean, that's an accomplishment. Charging a ridiculous amount of money for 52 of possibly the worst games ever made and somehow expecting to launch a damn (TMNT ripoff) franchise from it to boot.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

@Dalisclock & @hanselthecaretaker. Watch this whenever you're ready.​

I’ve been ready and it was a terrific watch, thanks. Love the point it makes about the double-edged sword that technology is for communication. Whoever actually got an article published trying to slander the whole studio should be banned from the internet.

Anyways, I enjoyed the game for what it was, in some cases more so than the original LoS. Other than the tacked on bs like stealth and shape shifting the core game was still fun. Also, thankfully the soundtrack is one thing that didn’t suffer.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Few series are in such dire need for a return to classic form, if ever revisited in the first place.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Imo one of the best comedy review channels out there right now.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Also in terms of game design, as one of the main things I've hoped for in this current gen, this helps reaffirm my presumption that there is virtually no "impossible"; rather there are only technological limits we haven't overcome yet -

Last edited: