Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Here we go again. Apparently, you can't even make jokes about easy mode and these games now.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Here, enjoy a top 10 games list to laugh/get angry at, or whatnot
TLDR
10. Turtles Shredder's Revenge
9. Lego Star Wars
8. Res Evil Village Shadows of Rose
7. Sifu
6. The Last of us Part 1
5. Stray
4. Elden Ring
3. The Quarry
2. Horizon Forbidden West
1. God of War Ragnarok

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Here, enjoy a top 10 games list to laugh/get angry at, or whatnot
TLDR
10. Turtles Shredder's Revenge
9. Lego Star Wars
8. Res Evil Village Shadows of Rose
7. Sifu
6. The Last of us Part 1
5. Stray
4. Elden Ring
3. The Quarry
2. Horizon Forbidden West
1. God of War Ragnarok
Forbidden West shouldn't even be that high. Let alone The Quarry. Shredder's Revenge should at least be in the top five. I will be playing that more than most of the other games on the list.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I feel like reading that article will only make me dumber
If you want a good laugh, Forbes has pointed out the absurdities in the article.

Now, I could have fun all day tearing the Kotaku article apart, but there's something almost insidious about the user's apparent morality (or "totem pole of outrage"). Here's the lowdown:

Ramattra: A terrorist who, regardless of his sympathetic goals, leads an organization that killed hundreds and wounded thousands (these figures are canon, to be clear) in the King's Row Uprising, and that was seven years before the events of OW2, where same organization is now launching attacks on cities all over the world, using far deadlier war machines than that, repeating a war from 30 years hence that killed millions.
Kotaku: Neat!
Tracer: An Overwatch agent sent in to stop original said uprising and is now fighting against the evil horde of robots who are doing the whole city attack thing, who has a cop skin.
Kotaku: Unacceptable! How would Ramattra feel about seeing Tracer in a cop skin, you monsters!?

I'd never cite Overwatch as any deep examination of the morality of terrorism and policing, but I'm not exagerrating, there seems to be some kind of profound mental disconnect going on here.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Here we go again. Apparently, you can't even make jokes about easy mode and these games now.

Have the "you must show respect for the developers' vision" and the "the game already has easy mode builds for scrubs and noobs" crowds compared notes? I mean, if the devs put those builds in there, you have to respect them!

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
If you want a good laugh, Forbes has pointed out the absurdities in the article.

Now, I could have fun all day tearing the Kotaku article apart, but there's something almost insidious about the user's apparent morality (or "totem pole of outrage"). Here's the lowdown:

Ramattra: A terrorist who, regardless of his sympathetic goals, leads an organization that killed hundreds and wounded thousands (these figures are canon, to be clear) in the King's Row Uprising, and that was seven years before the events of OW2, where same organization is now launching attacks on cities all over the world, using far deadlier war machines than that, repeating a war from 30 years hence that killed millions.
Kotaku: Neat!
Tracer: An Overwatch agent sent in to stop original said uprising and is now fighting against the evil horde of robots who are doing the whole city attack thing, who has a cop skin.
Kotaku: Unacceptable! How would Ramattra feel about seeing Tracer in a cop skin, you monsters!?

I'd never cite Overwatch as any deep examination of the morality of terrorism and policing, but I'm not exagerrating, there seems to be some kind of profound mental disconnect going on here.
No mental disconnect needed here, overwatch is a known game (ie people will click on the article) and clickbait drive advertiser dollar, if its silly with a political bend to it, the more likely it will be clicked on. Laugh all you want, but this article will probably be one of their most profitable of the moment.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Hawki

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
One suggested the long hours are a bit like playing Dark Souls. "It's kind of tense in a way," they say. "There's a lot of struggle to get things right, but if you get over the hump it is very satisfying. It's just like you defeated a boss in Dark Souls."
TIL developing Dark Souls is the Dark Souls of developing.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

TIL developing Dark Souls is the Dark Souls of developing.
Bottom line is the game made big bank for both FROM and BN, and the people who probably worked the longest and hardest at the very least deserve comfortable living wages.