Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Psted here because news about BG&E2 that isn't a surprise release is not news.
I keep forgetting this is hypothetically a thing.

And even then it's only hypothetical because every couple often Ubisoft pretends they fucking care about it for a second. Even if Ubisoft weren't on my shit list(for other reasons), I'd still be very skeptical of this actually mattering and it's not like we've seen anything remotely concrete regardless.

Also gonna point out that this game has been in pre-alpha "development" for 15 years now which either means they aren't working on it or they have no idea what the fuck they want this to be and have to constantly throw it all out and start over, neither of which are filling me with confidence here.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Here, enjoy a top 10 games list to laugh/get angry at, or whatnot
TLDR
10. Turtles Shredder's Revenge
9. Lego Star Wars
8. Res Evil Village Shadows of Rose
7. Sifu
6. The Last of us Part 1
5. Stray
4. Elden Ring
3. The Quarry
2. Horizon Forbidden West
1. God of War Ragnarok
That list is made by such a Newby.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Would anyone even WANT a Beyond Good and Evil 2 considering what Ubisoft is now?
No one.

I remember when that teaser trailer first got announced back in 2009. I first saw it on Game Trailers.

That list is made by such a Newby.
Worse than a Newby. A know nothing douche that is a newb and acts like the expert of all things gaming .

Reactions: Dalisclock

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Would anyone even WANT a Beyond Good and Evil 2 considering what Ubisoft is now?
At this point I don't think there's a studio out there that could save it. The odds of a game having been "in development" for so long being good are so steep that I think it would qualify as miraculous enough to get Satan into church.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
SuperBunnyhop bringing the wierd takes to VideoGames and I'm here for it.

Awesome. Wonderful video. I'm going to show this to my parents later. They're going to love this.

ACG, those are bribes without cash. Parties, free stuff, and creating a "positive environment". Not to mention ad revenue for certain and a lot of review sites. Still thank you for pointing it out

First review up for Callisto.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
On a more consistent basis? Yes, but you're still going to have one or two bad adaptions farted out every now and then. See live action RE Netflix.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
On a more consistent basis? Yes, but you're still going to have one or two bad adaptions farted out every now and then. See live action RE Netflix.

Apparently there was a Dragon Dogma's show on Netflix. And if you don't remember that, don't worry, nobody else apparently did either and what little I heard about it wasn't good.

I do like the fact it feels like we're getting to a baseline where VG movies/shows are generally in line with regular movies/shows in quality. Some are great, some are shit and some are generally fine. We're getting more and thus there are more chances for success or failure. I'm spitballing here and don't have any data, it does seem that per my personal experience, remembering the Mario movie from the 1990's and seeing it in the theaters then, VG media is getting better overall(and yes, I realize it started with a really low bar).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Apparently there was a Dragon Dogma's show on Netflix. And if you don't remember that, don't worry, nobody else apparently did either and what little I heard about it wasn't good.
I didn't forget, but I didn't care and still continue to do so.

do like the fact it feels like we're getting to a baseline where VG movies/shows are generally in line with regular movies/shows in quality. Some are great, some are shit and some are generally fine. We're getting more and thus there are more chances for success or failure.
After the success of Castlevania, Arcane, Edge Runners, both Sonic movies and Rampage, nobody has excuses anymore for why these adaptions can't work or are "too difficult/impossible" to adapt. That's why they are called adaptions. They have to adapt in a certain way or many ways to work in another medium. You gain something and something either way. How much it is, depends on the property of course.

When that Streets of Rage movie comes out, I hope they don't over focus on guns. I don't need another John Wick. Gun play should be the least of its concern. You can have them but have it be sparsed out or just be minor. I want my fantasy martial arts. I know the first game didn't have any fantastic elements, but they can work that into the story or just outright having from the start.