Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sometimes I think he just needs to stay in character regardless of a game’s quality or whatever he personally thinks of it. Or he’s just having a rough go of things lately, burned out, whatever and takes it out on new releases at random. Either way it’s not too cool.
He doesn't even need to stay in character much anymore. He can be out of character/his actual regular self, and almost no one in his fan base would be complaining. It's part of the reason why I tired of him, and don't watch much of his videos anymore. I will watch the podcast sometimes, but that's cuz he's usually with somebody else or the other guy to help balance it out. If he goes overboard on the cynicism, or attack something that does not deserve to be attacked, then I instantly stop watching.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Ok, here's something else for you. I'm referring to the first video.

Was warned off of Chinatown Wars because they said its plot and main character isn't too interesting.

I was playing GTA at the time for the story and characters more then the gameplay

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Was warned off of Chinatown Wars because they said its plot and main character isn't too interesting.

I was playing GTA at the time for the story and characters more then the gameplay
Chinatown Wars was always meant to be a throwback to the top down GTA games of 1, 2, and London. So story wasn't as a big as focus. It's something different at least, and I can at least appreciate them going back to down to the more over-the-top 0 fucks given crazy action you find in the older titles and Saints Row 2.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

1675696086033.png

I was wandering around the USG Ishimura last night and found a creepy staff room, where a circle of candles were arranged in front of a TV screen showing the series' infamous red Marker.

The room seemed ripe for a secret, so I began picking up the candles one by one with Stasis, throwing them to the floor - which also blew them out. Nothing happened.

This morning, I've seen others had more luck than I did at unlocking a special secret here - and that Dead Space remake developer Motive has a wonderful Easter egg hidden away for those who take the time to puzzle it out.

Yes, this area features its own version of Wellerman, the catchy sea shanty which blew up on Tiktok last year and also got a Fortnite version.

How do you unlock this sea shanty in Dead Space? You'll need to stand in the prayer circle, then stomp the floor and use your melee attack in a very specific rhythm.

Clues to this rhythm are hidden in several places across the Ishimura, fragmented with a mysterious wave symbol underneath. Join them together, as YouTuber Jester has in the video below... and this is what you'll get:

"There once was a ship from the CEC, the Ishimura USG, she cracked a moon with gravity, go me bully boys go...!"

Interested in seeing the Easter egg for yourself? Eurogamer has a handy Dead Space sea shanty guide.
Nice, but am now feeling more acutely out of touch as I had no idea what a wellerman was, not heard the song, didn't know it was a fad, don't bother using tiktok and for the love of all that's devilishly delinquent I do not follow Fortnite. (But I am playing Dead Space)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I know this video should be put in the joke thread, but "fans" like this actually exists. BeeG made their point.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Can you give me the in a nutshell of the video.
  • Sterling called this back all the way in 2016. Not everyone in the world has time for multiple live service games.
  • More shutdowns include Knockout City and some Dragon's Quest game.
  • Apex Legends Mobile won't give refunds, because of EA.
  • AAA Publishers are in panic that they can't keep using the same con over and over again.
  • Execs at top kept lying to the people, their shareholders, and themselves more times than they care to count.
  • Live service craze is dead.
  • Wealthy idiots won't learn a damn thing and are too stupid to quit.
  • History repeats itself as MMOs had the exact same thing happen to them.
  • Radical Heights died as well.
  • Dumbasses chasing the Ubisoft Live Service Uroboros circle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Radical Heights died as well.
I really hope nobody was surprised when this happened. I mean, it was an obvious, hastily thrown-together effort to keep Bosskey Studios from folding after Lawbreakers went over like a lead zeppelin. Funny how both were tired retreads of worn-out genres (though Lawbreakers also suffered from CliffyB thinking that people would line up to buy it just because of his "star power").

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I really hope nobody was surprised when this happened. I mean, it was an obvious, hastily thrown-together effort to keep Bosskey Studios from folding after Lawbreakers went over like a lead zeppelin. Funny how both were tired retreads of worn-out genres (though Lawbreakers also suffered from CliffyB thinking that people would line up to buy it just because of his "star power").
I don't even remember what Radical Heights is TBH.

Reactions: BrawlMan