Game Articles and Videos Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Apparently the monsters in Metaphor: ReFantazio are inspired by good old Jheronimus Bosch. Like ... a lot.

It had my curiosity, but now it has my attention.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Apparently the monsters in Metaphor: ReFantazio are inspired by good old Jheronimus Bosch. Like ... a lot.

It had my curiosity, but now it has my attention.
If you want to see some mindbending shit, famous art's where it's at. I'd post Dali's "Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate, A Second Before Awakening", except that it's got a naked woman. And also an elephant with spider legs, and two tigers, one who is leaping from the other's mouth, and the other who is leaping from a fish's mouth.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
"Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate, A Second Before Awakening"
I used to have a framed poster of that on my bedroom wall.

Ik loop gearmd met een kater voorop
Daarachter twee konijnen met een trechter op hun kop
En dan de grote snoeshaan, die legt een glazen ei
Wanneer je 't schudt dan sneeuwt 't op de Egmondse abdij
Ik reik een meisje mijn koperen hand
Dan komen er twee Moren met hun slepen in de hand
Dan blaast er de fanfare ter ere van de schaar
Die trouwt met de vingerhoed ze houden van elkaar

En onder de purp'ren hemel in de bruine zon
Speelt nog steeds het harmonieorkest in een grote regenton
Daar trekt over de heuvels en door het grote bos
De lange stoet de bergen in van het circus Jeroen Bosch
En we praten en we zingen en we lachen allemaal
Want daar achter de hoge bergen ligt het land
Van Maas en Waal

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Since the video, plenty of fans who've been looking forward to exploring a Fallout location set outside the United States have voiced their annoyance towards Bethesda, and while Carter does reiterate that he didn't intend for the publisher to get the brunt of this, he says it's "inevitable when there's that lack of communication. So I just wish that they had a conversation with us." I don't think it's ever "inevitable" for a publisher to get tons of backlash for not working closely with an unofficial mod, but it isn't massively unsurprising in this case, given Fallout London's reach.
Look, I don't like Bethesda and I do feel bad for the mod creators, but I don't think the publishers are really obligated to share the news early, or even talk to them in the first place. Like, come on did you guys think you guys will beat Bethesda in the race? Even if the mod was released before the update, I don't know if players would've had enough time to fully enjoy the mod

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States

Look, I don't like Bethesda and I do feel bad for the mod creators, but I don't think the publishers are really obligated to share the news early, or even talk to them in the first place. Like, come on did you guys think you guys will beat Bethesda in the race? Even if the mod was released before the update, I don't know if players would've had enough time to fully enjoy the mod
Agree.

Certainly it would have been smart for Bethesda to communicate with the modders, just in terms of good PR. But that would be like extra credit, not something that should be expected/demanded.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Supposedly a leak listing the revenue/downloads of every Sony published game ever released on PSN. Mind you this is just digital. No physical

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK

I uninstalled FO4, deleted all mods, mod lists, saves a few years ago so that I might actually do something with my life. I suppose I should thank them for keeping me living in the real world a bit longer.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Supposedly a leak listing the revenue/downloads of every Sony published game ever released on PSN. Mind you this is just digital. No physical

Guessing its a couple of moths old, helldiver 1 is up there but no mention of 2. Mostly surprised by how strong MLB (not even sure what sport that is tbh) is considering there's a new one every year and last couple of all made it in top 25. Its easy to forget it, but sports game are big! Last of us also did shockingly well.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Mostly surprised by how strong MLB (not even sure what sport that is tbh
Major League Baseball. Also, not that surprising. MLB The Show was Sony's biggest sports exclusive until the franchise went multiplatform. Even still, most people get it on PS4-PS5.

Reactions: meiam

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I uninstalled FO4, deleted all mods, mod lists, saves a few years ago so that I might actually do something with my life. I suppose I should thank them for keeping me living in the real world a bit longer.
Yes, because we always have FNV or FO3 to return to, or other games in post-apocalyptic setting. I geniunely think Bethesda could've invested more time to create FO4 SE. We all know people would've bought it just like Skyrim SE

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Yes, because we always have FNV or FO3 to return to, or other games in post-apocalyptic setting. I geniunely think Bethesda could've invested more time to create FO4 SE. We all know people would've bought it just like Skyrim SE
I was talking about the Fallout London mod drawing me back in, admittedly it wasn't the clearest post I've ever made. Yeah, people probably would buy the SE, although IIRC with Skyrim you got it free if you had the original so maybe they'd do that with FO4.

Edit:
Also IIRC when this happened with Skyrim various modders had archives of previous main exe versions that they hosted, you could download them and stop your game files updating on steam as a workaround until Bethesda sorted out the mod breaking issues with every update.

Last edited:

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
@CriticalGaming & @Old_Hunter_77

I play games for the plot too.

I'll listen to this later but just given the episode title I was thining about this as I finished up Tales of Kenzera and how much not just plot but just setting, style and vibe matter to me, even more than gameplay sometimes, and how deeply personal that sort of thing is, which is why I get annoyed at how some of the coverage and discussion get.