BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
EDIT:
Another sad and scary thing Pat mentioned is that nearly every developer studio, large or small, at MS feels like they're one bomb away from being fired or laid off. A lot of them posted this on Twitter, and everything about this fucked up, wrong, gambling peoples lives for percentage that is more than likely barely gonna happen. A percentage that won't even last that long. The industry about who failed the least or the least worst. Steam and Nintendo are in heaven right now. Take it away Ripley:

Pat also mentioned that the guy who sold the patent for motion controls o Nintendo went to Microsoft first. They all laughed and mocked him with one person having to apologize for the execs rude behavior. Then he went to Sony and the fuckwad then CEO Ken kept his eyes closed during the entire man's presentation. Finally, he went to Nintendo, and they accepted his patent just fine. Thus, Wii motion controls are born! Microsoft always screwed up and never got anything right. Genshin Impact and saying no until started showing up Sony's platforms and PC, Bungie wanting to make a Helldivers type game during the Halo days, the whole kill used games, etc. No one knows what the fuck they are doing at the top! They never did!

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
EDIT:
Another sad and scary thing Pat mentioned is that nearly every developer studio, large or small, at MS feels like they're one bomb away from being fired or laid off. A lot of them posted this on Twitter, and everything about this fucked up, wrong, gambling peoples lives for percentage that is more than likely barely gonna happen. A percentage that won't even last that long. The industry about who failed the least or the least worst. Steam and Nintendo are in heaven right now. Take it away Ripley:

Pat also mentioned that the guy who sold the patent for motion controls o Nintendo went to Microsoft first. They all laughed and mocked him with one person having to apologize for the execs rude behavior. Then he went to Sony and the fuckwad then CEO Ken kept his eyes closed during the entire man's presentation. Finally, he went to Nintendo, and they accepted his patent just fine. Thus, Wii motion controls are born! Microsoft always screwed up and never got anything right. Genshin Impact and saying no until started showing up Sony's platforms and PC, Bungie wanting to make a Helldivers type game during the Halo days, the whole kill used games, etc. No one knows what the fuck they are doing at the top! They never did!
The Wii was successful in bringing in a lot of casuals, but in the end it was just a gimmick. Microsoft’s bigger blunder than passing on it was ironically enough deciding to double down on the idea with the Kinect.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Microsoft’s bigger blunder than passing on it was ironically enough deciding to double down on the idea with the Kinect.
Either way they still screwed up majorly. While motion controls were a gimmick, Nintendo still uses them with gyroscoptic features. The only difference being they're optional and usually not required.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

I'm a bit uncertain if Michael Pachter's analyses are accurate/appreciated, but the summary is that he predicts Microsoft will go the way of Sega, and it will happen as soon as some of the higher ups at Microsoft figures that there is more value in supporting Game Pass than it is in supporting Xbox.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

I'm a bit uncertain if Michael Pachter's analyses are accurate/appreciated, but the summary is that he predicts Microsoft will go the way of Sega, and it will happen as soon as some of the higher ups at Microsoft figures that there is more value in supporting Game Pass than it is in supporting Xbox.
Oh, Pachter is still around? Whaddayaknow.

Anyway, Pachter being wrong is almost a meme unto itself. He's like the Jim Cramer of game industry analysts, more about what gets sensational headlines than serious analysis. But who knows, he has his moments where he's on the money, maybe this is one of them.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

I seem to recall last gen that investors were grumbling over Xbox’s fumbling and leaning towards that kind of thing anyways.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Anyway, Pachter being wrong is almost a meme unto itself. He's like the Jim Cramer of game industry analysts, more about what gets sensational headlines than serious analysis. But who knows, he has his moments where he's on the money, maybe this is one of them.
Kinda like Doctor Drew but pretty sure he has more street cred as a respected figure in his area of expertise.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Sounds like another nobody grifter. I never even heard of the fool once.

Short version:

• Square not hitting sales expectations due to several things: marketing, high budgeting, exclusivity, and people not communicating on projects.
  • PS5 is selling well over in the West/World, but terribly in Japan, so it limits Square's audience. Even in the states, they're losing out on big money.
  • Partnering with Sony has made them lose money. They're not sticking with one platform anymore.
  • Max agrees their medium plan is a good step forward.
  • Theorizes that Square will add more games to Nintendo's Switch and Big N's next console.
  • Considering Square's new plan, Part 3 is going to be later down the line than sooner. It won't be 3 years, given all the restructuring.
  • Also mentions many projects that sold below expectations earlier in the video too.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
As someone who liked the original Hellblade a lot, I'm really not holding out much hope for the sequel.

Partially because I'm not sure where they're gonna take it from here and I think the original got a lot of milage out of it's unique selling point of having the voices her in her and her delusions being integrated into the gameplay. I really don't know how a sequel is gonna make that work a second time.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Sounds like another nobody grifter. I never even heard of the fool once.

Short version:

• Square not hitting sales expectations due to several things: marketing, high budgeting, exclusivity, and people not communicating on projects.
  • PS5 is selling well over in the West/World, but terribly in Japan, so it limits Square's audience. Even in the states, they're losing out on big money.
  • Partnering with Sony has made them lose money. They're not sticking with one platform anymore.
  • Max agrees their medium plan is a good step forward.
  • Theorizes that Square will add more games to Nintendo's Switch and Big N's next console.
  • Considering Square's new plan, Part 3 is going to be later down the line than sooner. It won't be 3 years, given all the restructuring.
  • Also mentions many projects that sold below expectations earlier in the video too.
Ok... part of me kind of hopes FF7:3make never come out. The asshole part of me. The same part that enjoys the lack of Song of Ice and Fire conclusion.
I mean... just to see the mass gamer freakout. It would be hilarious.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ok... part of me kind of hopes FF7:3make never come out. The asshole part of me. The same part that enjoys the lack of Song of Ice and Fire conclusion.
That's never going to happen. The game will come out later at some point. That is Square's golden goose. The mess that up and they're pretty much in financial ruin. Max mentions this in the video. They're not dumb enough to fuck up when it involves a mainline FF7 game.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
That's never going to happen. The game will come out later at some point. That is Square's golden goose. The mess that up and they're pretty much in financial ruin. Max mentions this in the video. They're not doubling off the fuck of that big ehen it involves a mainline FF7 game.
…The who and the what now?

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I mean, the cannon ending is well known and the remake ending will just be a vague "w/e its a multiverse, every version of the ending possible is real so just imagine which one you want", so no big deal.