Game bosses you really, really hate

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
So my sister was playing Zelda: OoT today, and asked me if I could please beat this boss for her. Sure, I thought, OoT bosses are easy. Except... she was in Lord Jabu Jabu's belly.

T tried over and over again to kill that sob octorock mini boss before I finally rage quit... i mean seriously, no other boss in that game is so hard.

So I was wondering... what bosses did/do you really hate from video games?

Yumi_and_Erea

Nov 11, 2009
Neblim and The Dragon Knight from Tales of Symphonia were huge pains in the ass, as was the Sanbone Trio from Gitaroo Man.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Most of the bosses in Ninja Gaiden 2 on its harder difficulty.

God damn, those bosses never let up and they usually have powerful minions with them.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Boaz from TR:angel of darkness, she was just fucking impossible, tried over and over and over.

Also Firemaw on World of Warcraft, not only was hard but also because we would always have a warlock overaggro and wiping us, over and over and over.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
ChefBot 9000. I hate that bastard! His power level is over- the developers of the game decided against that joke...

He randomly flies around the arena and attacks with horribly cheap attacks. If you get him in the red you need to kill him instantly or else you're screwed. If you're not already at the very edge of the map you're dead if he decides to slide since he's going all the way to the end. Bastard...

DocBot

The Prettiest Girl
Dec 30, 2009
Psycho Mantis, the memory card didn't scare me really, it was one of those "hey it read my memory card," things. I figured it out pretty quick, but switching the controller ports, how was I ever supposed to figure that out?! Seriously without a faq or friend to tell you, you just sit there smashing controllers in anger! And, I really liked that red PS1 controller.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
s69-5 said:
Aby_Z said:
ChefBot 9000. I hate that bastard! His power level is over- the developers of the game decided against that joke...

He randomly flies around the arena and attacks with horribly cheap attacks. If you get him in the red you need to kill him instantly or else you're screwed. If you're not already at the very edge of the map you're dead if he decides to slide since he's going all the way to the end. Bastard...
Have you battled Sir Sweet yet?
Chef Bot is easy compared to Sir Sweet... I still have yet to beat that mofo.
Sir Sweet is simply endurance. The first part is simple compared to the Chefbot battle. The only part about Sir Sweet that keeps me from beating him is the fact that I can't press Square that long and that fast during the second half of the battle.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Any of the bosses in Prototype. I thought that they were just poorly designed.

And for any of the WoW raiders out there, Lady Deathwhisper on Heroic difficulty (25 man version) is the most infuriating boss I have ever faced.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
s69-5 said:
Aby_Z said:
s69-5 said:
Aby_Z said:

Sir Sweet is simply endurance. The first part is simple compared to the Chefbot battle. The only part about Sir Sweet that keeps me from beating him is the fact that I can't press Square that long and that fast during the second half of the battle.
I consider the timer to be a part of it.
Chef Bot I did after a few tries. He was hard though, don't get me wrong.

But Sir Sweet -- it's that damn timer that I can't beat.
Yea, if it weren't for the 3 minute time limit I could hit him slow and focus more on dodging his attacks. Until then, I have a theory involving pausing the game a lot... I'll work on that later.

Puregrrr

Nov 21, 2009
The laser shower on level 4 in Super C. As a kid I could never get beyond it (or even to it half the time).

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
s69-5 said:
Aby_Z said:
s69-5 said:
Aby_Z said:

I consider the timer to be a part of it.
Chef Bot I did after a few tries. He was hard though, don't get me wrong.

But Sir Sweet -- it's that damn timer that I can't beat.
is cheif bot an early boss as i was thinking of getting prinny

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
The False King from Demon's Souls. Why can't he be more like the real king? All defenceless and splashy.
But noooooh, they had to make him move at the speed of light, they had to give his attacks shockwaves, they had to give him a very big OHKO forcefield and they had to give him an almost-OHKO lift-me-up-thrust-sword-through-me-and-take-my-hard-earned-soul-levels-away-move.

You can have cheap moves, you can have a very long range, BUT YOU DO NOT TOUCH MY SOUL LEVELS! You just don't!
Compared to him the firemonkey is a fun boss!

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Dark Link was much harder than the giant octorok was.

The first time I played Baten Katios, I couldn't beat Malpercio until the 10th try. On my second playthrough, though, I made him my *****. I guess it was the fact that I knew what I was doing the second time I played it

PurplePox

Mar 30, 2010
The final boss from the first Ratchet and Clank, to this day I can't beat him without the RYNO. He wouldn't be that difficult if you had the ability to strafe like all the other games, but your inability to strafe screws you over because to aim and move sideways at the same time means you have to you have to run straight at him when firing which is bad.

And yes, I am aware of the hover thing you can do with clank, but it takes to long to change directions, and moves way to slow.

poet_lawreate

Mar 3, 2009
I have never been genuinely ticked off by a boss until Torchlight... Torchlight, what a lovely, easy little treasure of an RPG. Until you encounter Ordrak. My god, he was annoying. I haven't played since I beat him because it made me not like the game.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
That tentacle machine near the end of Star Fox 64, not that hard but still a pain in the ass.

Spirit Doku in Ninja Gaiden probably takes the grand prize though due to having a fucking unblockable attack that takes away half of your health and restores half of his.