Game Dogs: Episode Four: Satan

atomictoast

Aug 7, 2009
I'm really trying to like this series, but your making it really hard. I can't put my finger on why it's so dislikable...Maybe because I don't like dogs, mabe because the animation is terrible, maybe because it's not very funny anyways, maybe because it's a cheap rip off of an older webcomic. I don't know.

I just know it's not good.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Its pretty bad when the main compliment I see about this show is "well at least it wasn't as terrible as last week". This show needs an overall bad. The feedback is just terrible. And you have a fanbase of loyal escapists that really WANT to like this show. They are trying so hard. And thats the problem. We shouldn't have to TRY to like something, its not like its a step parent or something.

Mirrored Jigsaw

Feb 25, 2009
jtesauro said:
You know, I've been undecided about this show so far. Been kind of taking a cautiously optimistic approach, but hasn't really done anything for me yet, but Bob in this episode actually cracked me up. I enjoyed that.
jtesauro knows what he is talking about.

Bob actually brings some intellect to the show, but the other four make it seem like it's being marketed to six year-olds. Keep the witty humor and some more video game in-jokes.

Kuro Kaze

Mar 26, 2009
I don't really get the show I mean the concept is weak the ideas are played out and a bit flawed I am hopping for a major turn around but the only thing this has going for it is Bob kinda reminds me of the guy from office space.

wavemastermonday

Nov 30, 2009
this one actually made me laugh! but i'm realizing i think i don't like gary's character very much, especially his voice, and all he ever talks about is firing everyone. After 2 episodes i just got sick of him for some reason. but the rest of this episode was awesome! :D

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
I do love amusing blasphemy, and Bob's deep thought was quite good. That said, a satanic purse dog can be seen as a fairly deep symbol itself. Evil as an incessant voice in one's ear, urging one to perform wrong, yet ultimately impotent on its own without at least one loyal ally.

I'm thinking way too much about this, aren't I?

jonnosferatu

Mar 29, 2009
Plurralbles said:
... Whatever.

Damn I thought it would get progressively more sucky, not finally be tolerable.

I think I finally started ignoring the bad parts and whenever a joke or satire was attempted I just let it fly over my head and it is more enjoyable that way because then instead of saying, "what the fuck that was terribly stupid" I don't even have a thought. the plot is actually okay, but if he says, "fire" one more time I'm going to fire a GUN at him. At least finally the reason he wants them gone is clearly stated but it's incredibly unrealistic.
This, basically. First episode had decent slapstick, second one was horrific, third one had SOME humor, and this one at least didn't feel like a complete waste of my time.

littlerudi08107

Sep 23, 2009
I'm starting to warm up to this show a little bit. Even I have an idea for a Satan worshipping game in Antarctica.

ok *clears throat*

Your a Satan occultist, that's part of a larger cult secretly stationed in Antarctica, since they believe that is the spot where Satan fell when he descended from Heaven. Your tasked with various missions to infiltrate society and find new recruits and recover artifacts necessary for a ceremony that will bring Satan to the mortal realm. Along the way you meet a ton of interesting characters, and learn the fundamental tenants of Satanism.

You can upgrade your character with blood sacrifices and do evil deeds to gain favor with the dark one. All the while you're trying to be stopped by various religious groups with the final mission being to defend the base from Christians while the ceremony takes place. At then end, Satan rises from below the ice, smites all of his enemies, turns all of his followers into demons and makes you his right hand man, and enslaves the human race for an eternity of torture and suffering.

Ironsouled

Nov 5, 2009
Oh dear. LOL. This is at once awesome, hilarious and mildly disturbing. Am I the only one with that responce? lol

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
Seriously, doesn't matter how many times the fans say 'Game dogs' isn't funny...get rid of it. Escaptionist doesn't care, they are trying to fill spots...and now this garbage is a side bar tab. Why...because the voice actors are the same as in apocalypse lane...and our comments mean nothing to the people in charge. Seriously, from what I've seen, nothing gets as bad of reviews on escaptionist as this and for good reason. The only hope Game Dogs has is to sustain long enough for the very young and/or huge followers to get a backing for it...and then it will (in some stupid way) justify its presence.

The show IS the joke, and THAT'S the punchline.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I'm gonna say this until the dude animating this gets it right.

FACIAL EXPRESSIONS!

Each dog has one freaking facial expression in this episode and Gary and Bethany have had ONE different one in another episode.

It's hard to resonate with a character when they appear to lack any emotion of their own.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
The only funny part was when he said "How in the hell" that actually made me smile a bit.

Also, I like to take note that it says the show was filmed (animated[if that's what you think is animated anyway]) in front of a live studio audience. It's funny cause there is NO laughter. EVER. Which just goes to show that this show is not funny to the audience and everyone else.

This show has officially sunk. Hard.

Cameron Baxter

Jan 24, 2010
can i just say its getting better but i am still a bit iffy on the hole series, however if i cared about the characters (a bit more with a bit more backstory i.e why is Gary an complete arse and what made him get demoted etc may do this) i think i could begin think more of the show on the hole

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
It's up to a rough start, but hopefully it'll pick up.
The videos keep getting better, and that's a good thing.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
I really don't know what to make of this. It made me chuckle when bob opened his mouth, and when it was hinted that Gary was the devil and/or that the devil is a chihuahua. Other than that, not all that good, 'cept not terrible voices/voicework, and this was WAY funnier than the "mr.yee" episode *shudder*
Edit: Still better than both apocalypse lane and unforgotten realms though

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
well... uh..yea.. oh i don't know!

i think everyone is over exaggerating a bit here. It not as bad as everyone says and this episode wasn't really that bad. I don't really think its that funny but maybe it doesn't need to be.

I'm torn here if i like it or hate it but well i think I'll keep watching it, for now...

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Not to be rude, but right now this series is basically seems bad. I mena there are a ot worse, but it seems kind of low. It might get better, I really have enough free time every Thursday to keep seeing, so I will, and who knows, this satan game might turn out to be funny.
anyway, the only think that really annoys me is that Gary repeats so many words that don't even need repeated. That repetition of the same words just bothers me so much.