Game Dogs: Episode Four: Satan

w1ndscar

Jul 22, 2009
Russ Pitts said:
w1ndscar said:
PLEASE tell me this isn't supposed to be replacing Doomsday Arcade... *Also saying that DA is actually just being delayed would be nice too...*
DA is just being delayed.
*sigh of relief* Thanks Russ. Nobody seemed to know what was going on in the DA Topics.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Russ Pitts said:
I think I'm detecting a pattern here. Seems like the folks who have at some point in their lives worked in an office understand and appreciate the humor of Game Dogs, and the people who have not, don't. Diffr'nt strokes.

Thankfully we have better ways of determining how well a show is doing other than counting the number of jackass comments in the forums, and from what we can tell, it's doing alright. Which, naturally, makes me all giddy.

Thanks for watching and commenting. If you're enjoying the story so far, hang on to your butts. The best is yet to come.

I think that you are doing a fantastic job, Mr. Pitts. Keep it up.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
w1ndscar said:
Russ Pitts said:
w1ndscar said:
PLEASE tell me this isn't supposed to be replacing Doomsday Arcade... *Also saying that DA is actually just being delayed would be nice too...*
DA is just being delayed.
*sigh of relief* Thanks Russ. Nobody seemed to know what was going on in the DA Topics.
Michael and Michael are working very hard on the next set of episodes. We hope to be able to bring them out one after the other. Stay tuned. We're actually planning to make kind of a big deal about it around here when they show up.

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
CriticalQuit said:
What I find annoying is how absolutely everyone seems to be expecting this series to be nothing but randomly-construed jokes. It has a story. As evidenced by Unforgotten Realms, Order of the Stick, LFG comic, etcetera, anything with a story is not going to be endless jokes. It's going to follow that story.

I'm finding the transgression of this story interesting. If I want to laugh non-stop I'll go watch Important things with Demetri Martin.
It wasn't even until the third episode that a story started to form, and two episodes later, it still hasn't gone anywhere. So they're making a game about Satan, and they have a vague idea about what Satan is going to look like. If Game Dogs were really all about plot, it shouldn't have taken four episodes to say THAT, with the creator in the background yelling, "Don't worry, guys! Stick with it! Wait till you see where it goes from here!"

Game Dogs is most certainly trying to be funny. It feels like it's trying too hard, if anything; I'll be the 100th person to cite Gary's pointless "Are you insane?" at the beginning of every episode, as well as the live studio audience bit. There's so little in the way of actual punchlines; it feels like the writers are waging everything on the success of having Gary burst into every scene yelling, "You're fired! FIRED!"

Russ Pitts said:
See? Now that, class, is how to give criticism. *clap, clap*

I'll keep all that in mind, daedrick. Thanks for playing.
So unless we write an entire essay on Game Dogs with lengthy, in-depth analysis of every character, you're not going to take our criticism seriously? I understand that the show is still in its early stages. That's why I haven't stopped watching yet, as I'm giving it time to find its footing. But what's the point if you're just going to dismiss most of the criticism directed at you (you apologized for calling these folks "jackasses," yet you're still throwing that word around) because you're too confident in what you're doing? What if the show really ISN'T going anywhere, and you just let us down?

Some of the people here are dicks; most of them aren't. They're simply unsatisfied with the show and they're letting you know. If it's really getting to you (and don't pretend it isn't), then either take these comments seriously or make good on your promise to send the show in a promising direction.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
japan already made this game, its called shin megami tensei strange journey

its coming out to the US in march

Kimosaber

Nov 2, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HGhNG781WQ

I wondered what this show would be like in a different fashion. This is what came out.

without memory

Jan 20, 2010
I'm sorry I truly am, but gary by no means is a good character. he really needs to tone down or just not appear as much...he's recking the show..

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
I find this show bland compared to others on the site, and to be fair, it's not easy setting the bar at the level of, say, Unskippable. I still watch it though. Must be the so-called token female, she's interesting in a way. Bob made a good episodic role too this time *shrug*

Also, Gary could really use a bit of .. uh, what to call it .. character growth. I'd be expecting that when the protagonists actually get around to doing said game..or something.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I think I'm going to pass on future itterations of this show. I'm just not finding it worth my time for it's lack of funny. :( Like I said before; it's almost exactly like a prime time sitcom, without the canned laughter. Not my cup of tea.

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
"We're game designers, its not like we're artists or anything."

Probably the best line yet.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
I still like it. I mean, I'll admit it's not high-larious, but it's got some jokes and the characters are pretty likable, and Bob was just great in this episode. If you keep making them, I'll keep watching them.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
daedrick said:
Im gonna ban you, as soon as the escapist let me, I will ban you all, and then I will be promoted to the escapist decision seat, and ban you even more... But even after I banned you and your team, I will make it so that you cant ever be on any other website, ever. Also, if anyone think this serie is good, I will ban them too... and their mother, their friends and even their dog(durhdurh).

BAN,BAN,BANBANBANBANANABANANA......B-A-N-Y-U-O...O-U...You are banned now.

Am I funny? Thats what I though, Im not funny... then why do you think its funny in your episodes?

-Blue jellybean; Lets make a video game guys!
-Pink jellybean; Oh yeah! Great! But what video game? ;(
-Blue jellybean; I dont know...
-Yellow jellybean; Oh no, its Gray jellybean! 8O
-Gray jellybean; You suck, all of you, you are fired. ­:mad:
-Blue jellybean; Oh no, we need to make a good video game my friends, or we will be fired.
-Yellow jellybean; You're right! 8D
-Pink jellybean; But, I dont know anything, tell me what to do?! :S
-Blue jellybean; Lets all do a group hug, then make the bestest wideo gaaaame evar!
-All jellybeans; Yaaaaaaaaay! :D

Was that an interresting dialogue? Nope... nope it wasnt. Well it is for a 6 years old. Perhaps you should add a warning before your flash, like;

Warning; This serie is for the younger audiences, watch at your own risk if you are over the age of twelve you may get brain damage, bleeding eyes or sudently burst into flames. The viewer discretion is adviced.

At least the pace of the dialogue improved... not so slow anymore. Arf.
Oh, screw you. If you're gonna ***** about something, at least validate it with some helpful comments at the end. You've done nothing but complain while giving the writers no way to learn how to make things better. All you've done is prove that indeed you are not funny, and also have a loose understanding of the rules of spelling and grammar. Maybe you should put a little thought into your criticism, and not just yell "BORING BORING BORING BORING" at the top of your lungs for a minute. Because you know who does that? Six year olds. I guess you can watch the show after all.