Game Dogs: Episode Six: The Cleric

MaxRaine

May 1, 2008
I guess that's something all girls who want to try out D&D for the first time should remember; don't let the male players roll your character for you =P

I do agree with some complaints that Beth reads out stuff like "grr" and "sigh" instead of just growling or sighing.

As for the people still asking "Why dogs?" the answer is simply "Why not?" stuff like this doesn't really need a huge explanation...

And finally to the people who don't like the show: Don't watch... I don't understand why people keep watching something they dislike only to nag about how "bad" it is... really guys, get a life.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
This is pretty furry, despite one's resistance to the notion. You are using anthropomorphic dogs.

That aside - It seems all very... trodden. Walked ground. I know there is limited time, and only so much one can do with animation, but... misogyny and the same jokes over and over? I will watch a few more, but I am about done with this series.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
The "definetly not furry" tag cracked me up...
It's getting allot better. I'd still like to see more characterization, but knowing these are inspired by co-workers, I'm sure more depth of character will come sooner or later.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
really, really, really not encouraging, let alone funny, grin-inducing, or significantly entertaining, I'll give it one more chance because I'm nice like that, but that's it

reiem531

Aug 26, 2009
could it be? An episode of Game Dogs that's actually... amusing? I had never thought it possible, but here it is, the first time I've actually thought the show was mildly entertaining.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Better.
Show is actually getting pretty funny. 'Gary' is still a problem, though. He comes into the scene and all his dialog just seems to be there to remind us that he's there and that there are more characters, to say his catch phrase of "fired" and then pad the rest of the episode.

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
Archemetis said:
I'm not going to write my usual "I wish I could like this, because then I wouldn't feel bad for only watching half of it." speech...
I'm just going to say one thing.

Seriously, drop the "animated in front of a live studio audience" ... 'joke', please?

The joke was funny, when Futurama did it... did it once I might add...

But this has been a feature for every episode, it was a good reference the first time I saw it, I had a little chuckle, but now it's annoying.
Agreed.

I noticed a couple of URealms jokes in there. Wish URealms was back. :(

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
Poomanchu745 said:
Biggest problem I had with it was, who actually says "sigh"? I have never heard anyone actually say "sigh" in real life.
Unfortunately, i have heard it (cries a little inside)
Lucky for me, someone punched him in the face afterward...
Happiest day of my life

bad_karma

Jan 21, 2010
At what point does creative control realize that a well-meant experiment just isn't working?

Of course there are a ton of people who can't stand creations that are works-in-progress(haters).. however this show is truly missing its potential by continuing with the current formula. The directors are so very painfully trying to cram a star shaped block through the circle shaped hole. I'd like to convey how I'm past the typical reactionary hate so you'll believe me to be sincere and objective, but that will take attention away from the message.

This show seems to induce lethargy even in the face of joviality. The audience just can't get any more flat-browed, non-responsive, or non-reactive. There are reactions and responses in the comments section, but that's not to be confused with the viewing experience. Anyone who agrees might consider refraining from commenting on this series. Discussion of this commercial venture only serves to validate the funding of poor quality.

The only way I can think of to further show my dissatisfaction is by being silent.

tl;dr
This show is impotent. The team should consider doing anything else. Best of luck in whatever they choose.

Mello Yello

Nov 18, 2009
Okay, seriously will you all give it a rest on the sighing thing? We get it, it's annoying done more than once, now stfu already!

@Kyouki1980: Posting a rant post is fine. Posting two in a row is understandable if you're new and don't know about the edit button. Post three in a row and you've become a troll. Post three and THEN belittle somebody about THEIR opinion and you've just become a straight up *beep*hole.

As for the show, yes, it leaves much to be desired, but I'm not about to give up on it as long as it keeps steadily getting better.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hey...I enjoyed this one =]

even if I was really just bored and needed something watch at this late hour...(and waiting for the next Thursday batch of videos)

and I didn't realize I had already watched the earlier GD episodes o_O

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Morayman said:
Best one so far for me, except as plurrables mentioned about bethany literally saying "sigh", but my interest in the show has risen.
Exactly the way I feel. This was a pretty good episode. I'dd really like to see some more of this stuff.

But by GOD, don't EVER make a sighing character just say "sigh" again. When I'm tired from running, I'dd be panting, but I wouldn't actually SAY "pant, pant". It's very annoying and makes it look like you were unable to record a good sigh...
I know it probably is, because a sigh in a microphone would sound like rushing air in the mic, I'm pretty sure there's a way to prevent that. Maybe by not sighing directly in the microphone, but next to it really loud and overly done. Since the sound will not be directly in the microphone, it won't be as disturbing. Also, not sure if it'll work out, it might result in sounding pretty darn funny.

My faith has risen. Maybe Game Dogs needed a warming up period to get rolling.

joeinthebox

Sep 18, 2009
still no improvement
has got worse if anything
the girls only characteristic is that she is a girl
with an extremely irritating habit of saying sigh rather than sighing

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
sigh* (pun intended) This is actually a pretty good series but this episode made me realize how much I miss unforgotten realms

Goremocker

Lost in Time
May 20, 2009
Hurray for the show slowly getting better,and the mic problems are all gone from what i can tell...If it stays that way you guys got a show.You still need a rival cat corperation though.OH and this has been said before but reading actions off the script then saying them is annoying,and i also don't like the studio audiance joke it's also annoying.