Game Dogs: Episode Two: Break Room

shufflemonkey16

Mar 7, 2008
Between the two episodes, this series has kinda made me chuckle once.. on the inside.

Hopefully there's potential in there that can and will be tapped, but, for now, it's nowhere near the best of The Escapist.

Coldfreeze

Jan 14, 2010
It still has potential, but listen to the comments of the people here man! I mean it made me smile when Roger pulled his sword, but it isn't enough. You should improve on the animation. Still like it and i'll wait until the next one. I think this series will go a long way, but it needs improvement.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
...wait, you guys are going to use the same line from Gary, and the same "live studio" joke, at the beginning of each episode?

-whine- GUUUUYS! D: Come on! You can do better then that! Don't recycle those jokes, I'm fighting for you here! I really like this show, I wanna see it thrive! I wanna help push the support along, but you gotta meet me half way, dudes!

Just, please tell me it won't be the same line from Gary and "live studio" joke on every episode, tell me that you'll do a different spoken and written joke before the beginning of each episode.

Or lose one of the intro jokes and focus on the other, like, lose the written joke and focus on a spoken one before the beginning of each episode. Or just have Gary read the title then do a unique written joke before the episode starts.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Not bad....the first episode was WAY better.

Oh and it is WolfenSTEIN....not WolfenSteen...unless you did that to throw off 3DRealms.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Okay, yeah, I mean I don't want to sound dumb, but are you trying to go for a comedy here or is this suppose to be like The Office where you have to stay with it to see where its going or like Seinfeld gearing toward respectable adult humor where they talk about sex and violence, but nothing ever really happens or at least you don't see it hapening.

I mean I can see this being funny if I was 40 or 50, but it just isn't right for me ya know?

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Coldfreeze said:
It still has potential, but listen to the comments of the people here man! I mean it made me smile when Roger pulled his sword, but it isn't enough. You should improve on the animation. Still like it and i'll wait until the next one. I think this series will go a long way, but it needs improvement.
I agree, listen to us, for the love of god! Not all of us, mind you, but some of us know what we're talking about here! Hell, the animation will improve over time, but the jokes need to be ramped up NOW!

I'm really fighting for you guys in these forums, but recycling the same 2 into jokes is just not gonna cut it! If the Simpsons can keep their intro jokes fresh for 30 billion seasons, you guys can come up with one spoken and text intro joke for each episode.

And the characters need more depth! Establish their personalities more thoroughly, give them pros and cons, something that makes them stand out for the cliche characters they'll be compared too, especially Beth. She's cute and looks like she could have some unique qualities, but all she's providing at the moment is diversity.

I'm only getting more serious about my critiques because it's crunch time, people! These next few episodes will be crucial to the series's success!

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Digikid said:

Oh and it is WolfenSTEIN....not WolfenSteen...unless you did that to throw off 3DRealms.
I got the impression it was a poke at 3DRealms, they've become the icon of lazy game developers.

Angry_Bosmer

Aug 17, 2009
ripping on this show isn't fair, it's too easy. stop trying so hard. radical is not cool and the intro 'are you insane' is awkward. It's like a popular quote that's not and sucks. Yelling alot was funny in sec 2 drama class.
I like the idea of the english cat.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Digikid said:

I'm reminded of this short exchange...
Igor: Dr. Frankenstein...
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: "Fronkensteen."
Igor: You're putting me on.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No, it's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
Igor: Do you also say "Froaderick"?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No... ``Frederick.''
Igor: Well, why isn't it "Froaderick Fronkensteen"?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: It isn't; it's "Frederick Fronkensteen."
Igor: I see.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: You must be Igor.
[He pronounces it ee-gor]
Igor: No, it's pronounced "eye-gor."
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: But they told me it was "ee-gor."
Igor: Well, they were wrong then, weren't they?

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Well, okay
I liked Code Monkeys on G4, and I'm seeing A LOT of that in this. Maybe because they are similar, but feels almost like a same thing. Except with dogs and not pixelated people.

Now, I didn't crack a smile, but I did see the humor in it, I felt the timing was just...off. Like that it was good, but could have been better had been just timed a little more. Like at the end. The blood thing, in of itself kinda funny, but felt just a second too slow, and not really energized. Keep it up, I'm interested to see if it's going to get better. I don't even mind the animation, but the real downfall that you aren't using all of potential you have. It's not bad! Just meh. And meh can always turn into great with work =D

gremily

Oct 9, 2008
Loved it. Especially the look on Gary's face when he hears idea dog.

IDEA DOG?!?!?!?!?!?!?

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
Unable to locate the funny. I'm just not feeling it. I'll give the third episode a chance, since this one seemed a lot like setting up a story.

I like the voiceacting, though. Or at least that's the best part.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
"Does it have blood?"
"Duh"
"Let's do it!"
That's a philosophy I can live by.
That idea Chet had actually sounds cool.