Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I expected a death, but that was brutal. nice placement of the david carradine suicide kit from a couple episodes back.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
So this is the result of your poor attempt at publicity? I was facepalming enough when you announced an on site game to kill off a character but this is how you do it?... really?! no comedy escalator fall or something? just straight in with the blood and violence... inspired! *sigh*

This was just dark, disturbing and unfunny, really guys, think long and hard about what you did and honestly if crap like this is your result at trying to get an already teetering on the edge series some more popularity? (been unpopular with a lot of people for a long time now, no amount of cheap tricks will change that) then its time to put this dog to sleep for good

I'll just leave this here before I continue ranting...

the-kitchen-slayer

Apr 16, 2008
woah... I suppose they were aiming for shock value but... Woah... O.O

Awesome! Something phased me for once! haven't had that happen in god knows how long!

Anyways, i feel disturbed now... And desensatized...

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
A meh episode to say the least. If you only would have killed Chet and Gary as well, but let's hope this doesn't mean you're going to introduce new chars to replace them that are probably more annoying than the original three. Less is more anyways (Less of this series that is).

Also, this episode just had tasteless gore and a bad long unfunny gag. I say, "Take the chance and end the series now."

Metzeten

Oct 16, 2009
I'm sure that roger and chet were voted for more than beth...

Ah well! I wonder who's gonna replace them!
In soviet russia, game designs you!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Hmm...Gotta admit it that the episode was quite a bit disturbing.
However, reading the comments, i have a weird feeling that this is a fluke episode or something mixed with Halloween or whatever. Since I'm an European dude i have no idea when Halloween is, so that's quite a blind guess.

Still, something doesn't smell right...

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Ultratwinkie said:
Fenra said:
So this is the result of your poor attempt at publicity? I was facepalming enough when you announced an on site game to kill off a character but this is how you do it?... really?! no comedy escalator fall or something? just straight in with the blood and violence... inspired! *sigh*

This was just dark, disturbing and unfunny, really guys, think long and hard about what you did and honestly if crap like this is your result at trying to get an already teetering on the edge series some more popularity? (been unpopular with a lot of people for a long time now, no amount of cheap tricks will change that) then its time to put this dog to sleep for good

I'll just leave this here before I continue ranting...
i found it funny, then again my humor is... 4chan quality at best.
well i guess thats my problem heh, my comedy is more the Friends, Big Bang Theory, american sitcom style humor, each to thier own i suppose

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
I couldn't stop watching the dangling eye, did anything else happened in the episode?, you know besides the eye thing.

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
Poor Beth =( I liked her. And Roger too.
Chet however, could have gotten all three of those torments and I wouldn't care.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Couldn't you just have had more fake shopping channel jokes?

That was...just...wrong.

The legal jokes were funny, though.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I usually use this in many differnet cirumstances, but this is the first time I've ever really felt that the situation really calls for this...

0_o'

Also... DAMMIT! I wanted Chet to test whether all dogs go to heaven. BUT HE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T DIE!!! Why, Roger!? WHHHYYYYYY?!?!

Martin Clarke

Mar 2, 2010
Erana said:
That crossed the line waaaaay to far.
I've been trying to support this for the sake of the 'Scapist, and it did have its moments (Namely Swords R Us) but this is... was just downright sick. Its one thing to have excessive gore (which itself is unappealing to me) but its another thing entirely to beat and mutilate an innocent character, especially after so much time is spent characterizing them and trying to make the audience empathize with them.
Its downright sadism, and it has no place in comedy. It rarely even has a place in media as a whole!
OK, so the movie Dogville could do it right, but Game Dogs? No. Just No.
This.

Worst video ever to darken The Escapist, not amusing in the slightest. The sole source of amusement to be derived from that utter drivel would be that of controversy "omg they didn't do that?!"; cheap, stupid and lazy humour. Video's of this sort have no place on The Escapist's line-up and I doubt I am the only one who thinks so.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
HankMan said:
Well That was...
*Puts on sunglasses*
Ruff
YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
That's more like it!

OT: Fairly dark episode indeed!
I was laughing at Bethany just swaying in the background while they were talking, though.
That struck my dark-funny bone!

ronodar

Apr 22, 2009
Worst waste of two main character deaths ever. In addition, hardly anyone voted for Bethany. Every one was for some reason voting for Roger. Last of all, why couldn't we kill off the Chihuahua?

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Metzeten said:
I'm sure that roger and chet were voted for more than beth...

Ah well! I wonder who's gonna replace them!
In soviet russia, game designs you!
Last I saw Roger was the most voted for but maybe there was an increase in votes for Beth after I saw the poll.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
That was so wrong, but I couldn't help but smile through out the whole thing.

But now what? Two main characters are now dead and only one remains. And its the lazy one.