Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

ResukeZero

Oct 15, 2010
Wolfy2449 said:
Nile McMorrow said:
I think it should've been chet being run over.
Why ppl hate chet so much? Hes awesome xD
I agree, Chet and Roger was like the only ones that had personalty, Beth was just boring, there was nothing interesting about here. Roger had a pretty neat personalty and I think he commit suicide because Beth died and he had a crush on Beth so that Beth is dead, he don't have a reason to live no more.

WiDEEyeDSmILes

Aug 11, 2010
MNRA said:
Crabby_the_Frog said:
1. Roger had 16 thousand votes, at the time where they hid the results of the game's poll. Beth had only 7k.
2. Beth was my favorite character.
3. I am disappoint.
This.

Also: I wish Gary would've kicked it. Damn I hate that mutt :p
"Gary? No Gary was some guy from accounting I demoted.."

GaelicValley91

May 21, 2009
snowfox said:
GaelicValley91 said:
Wait they where in the car for FOUR hours! How far must they be from the work, yet live close enough to Beth to then run her over and continue to drive for three hours and not reach work?
Then again they probably started driving in the opposite direction to the work once they hit Beth.... I think I'm over thinking this....
The title of the episode was "Road Trip" so I don't think they were going to work.
Wasn't the title "Hand Of Fate" and anyway, when Ross finds the law for explain why it was not a crime to run over Beth, Ross says 'For two or more people commuting to a PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT on a Thursday between the hours of 8:26am and 9:17am in the late summer, early fall, when an artistic person or persons was strike down by venicular indisgression' so they must of been heading to work

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
George Palmer said:
2 of the clues have been found. Your getting warmer! :)
So are you guys just going to ignore all of the criticism and just try and draw attention away from the questionable content of this episode? Cause that is the impression I'm getting.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Martin Clarke said:
Erana said:
That crossed the line waaaaay to far.
I've been trying to support this for the sake of the 'Scapist, and it did have its moments (Namely Swords R Us) but this is... was just downright sick. Its one thing to have excessive gore (which itself is unappealing to me) but its another thing entirely to beat and mutilate an innocent character, especially after so much time is spent characterizing them and trying to make the audience empathize with them.
Its downright sadism, and it has no place in comedy. It rarely even has a place in media as a whole!
OK, so the movie Dogville could do it right, but Game Dogs? No. Just No.
This.

Worst video ever to darken The Escapist, not amusing in the slightest. The sole source of amusement to be derived from that utter drivel would be that of controversy "omg they didn't do that?!"; cheap, stupid and lazy humour. Video's of this sort have no place on The Escapist's line-up and I doubt I am the only one who thinks so.
...You call this dark? It's just dumb and silly. It's stupid animated dogs doing stupid stuff. This isn't unlike anything you would see in family guy or on Southpark. When was everyone on this site castrated?

JupiterBase

Feb 4, 2010
This is going to get insane, I forsee a battle with Grego and Bob due to death of Bethany. Then some sort of crazy race for the border.

Loge

Jan 22, 2009
Too much disturbing, way... waaaay to little funny for it to work. It's not even dark, the characters act nearly emotionless (as always, they're also dogs :p) so it can't be dark. The funny part is supposed to come from the absurdity of the situation. This is probably why the lame/absurd law jokes are inserted. Now here is the problem, 2 completely unlikeable (to me) characters deliver the performance.

All that is left is disturbing imagery of a character built up emotionally over well worth a season being killed off. (don't care if its temporary or some other bullshit stunt being pulled)

syltman

Feb 12, 2009
Terrible. It's just too gory, forced and the latest episodes of game dogs have been just like "What is this... I don't even". They've gone so far from what I thought was their plans and honestly, this show never worked and you should put it out of its misery

kaieth

Mar 16, 2010
You know, most of the time I find Game Dogs criminally unfunny. But this was just so utterly macabre, brutal, and sanguine that I had no choice but to laugh. The three "main" characters and Gary were what was holding the show back. Now that two of them are gone (for good please), the series might actually become funny. Good luck. More disturbing shit like this would be awesome.

RagingScottsman

Jul 21, 2009
Terrible, disgusting, humorless episode. I can safely say I am done with this series.

I can't tell if having A Macris as the author of the law book is a joke or not. Macris is a character in Greek mythology, but I don't really see the relevance.

Shadow0Wolf

Dec 7, 2009
Yeah, I knew they were going downhill before, but this... this is the last episode for me. I'll just wait for something better to fill their time slot.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
To every single person whining about insensitivity: You are the reason they did this. It was created, specifically, to piss you off. By whining, you are encouraging them. You cannot change their minds. You cannot win. That is all.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Erm...I'd say I wouldn't watch it ever again, but I'm intrested to see what the hell you do now, after that.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Fantastic episode, though I have a feeling that it's more of a fluke. I guess we'll see in the next episode :)

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
Whoever said "Even bad publicity is good publicity" had quite clearly not watched Game Dogs.

The whole "Perhaps you just don't get it" argument doesn't really fly when you have around half the site complaining.

But either way, furries and anthropomorphisation sicken me to my core, so having that as a gimmick along side some pretty poor jokes really makes me loathe this series with every fiber of my being.

Not to mention the deliberate vagueness of it all. People voted for which one they wanted to kill, and what happened in the video is (judging by the amount of comments about it) not reflecting the poll results.

And then theres the poor execution of it all. But I'm tired of thinking about this, almost anything else is more worthy of my time.

Poor effort, E.