Game Ideas we haven't seen Yet

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
So here are some gaming ideas that might fun, that I haven't seen or seen in a while. What are some of yours.

Here are some of mine.

1-3. A FPS trilogy that takes place in word War Two that fallows the following characters per game: A Jewish kid that is hoping to find their relatives, and hope the rumors he's heard are false. A Native American, Particularly Joe Medicine Man Crow of the Crow tribe as he is the last Crow War Chief. To become a warchief, one must 1. Touch an enemy warrior without killing them (counting coup). Take an enemy weapon, lead a successful war party, and steal an enemy horse. He did all of that in one mission. The last one will be on a kid from a Japanese Interment camp in the American Midwest that enlists the first chance he gets, and his story ends with him finding one of the Concentration camps.

4. A game set sometime after the defeat of Sauron and the surviving orcs get redeemed.

5. I haven't seen this in a while but they exist, but one set in the American Civil War as soldiers.

6. A World War 1 Game set in the Predator universe, where the ultimate hunter is stalking the trenches.

7. A game where the Princess saves the Dragon

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
A game that deals with the Armenian genocide. It's an important historic event which still affects people to this day, yet there is little media that talks about it at all. In particular I've read about operation Nemesis, a frontier justice task for targeting the masterminds behind the genocide; there's enough drama there for a game to made of it.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
There's two things I haven't seen a Star Wars game do yet, and I'd love to see them both in the one game:

*Be a captain of your own capital ship- Star Destroyer/Mon Cal Cruiser, or both, and you can send your fighters and troops out to perform some galaxy-wide campaign (and play as those guys too).

*A tight, team based FPS, but set entirely in space itself- so instead of planetary combat you're hijacking freighters, invading weapon platforms and raiding factories and space stations. Think like the battles in X-Wing and TIE Fighter, except now in addition to being a starfighter pilot, you can actually be those assault troops boarding enemy craft and clearing them out in brutal, close quarter combat.

And not a single Jedi anywhere in the game. Because enough with the goddamn lightsabers already.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Squilookle said:
There's two things I haven't seen a Star Wars game do yet, and I'd love to see them both in the one game:

*Be a captain of your own capital ship- Star Destroyer/Mon Cal Cruiser, or both, and you can send your fighters and troops out to perform some galaxy-wide campaign (and play as those guys too).

*A tight, team based FPS, but set entirely in space itself- so instead of planetary combat you're hijacking freighters, invading weapon platforms and raiding factories and space stations. Think like the battles in X-Wing and TIE Fighter, except now in addition to being a starfighter pilot, you can actually be those assault troops boarding enemy craft and clearing them out in brutal, close quarter combat.

And not a single Jedi anywhere in the game. Because enough with the goddamn lightsabers already.

This sounds like a cross between Republic Commando and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. Which would be awesome.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
^Republic Commando 2!^

A Star Fox-style game where you and your team ride dragons (darker fantasy setting than HTTYD) and can feed and talk with them to make them/your bond with them stronger between missions. If you go down in battle, you can switch to a teammate until your entire team is down.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
saint of m said:
5. I haven't seen this in a while but they exist, but one set in the American Civil War as soldiers.
"Reload Your Musket Simulator"

I'd like to see a modern FPS or something set in a properly spinning space station instead of some magic handwavium artificial gravity a la Prey, System Shocks, etc..

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I just had another idea: a game in which the player character is shrunken down and the environment are more or less common ones only since everything is much bigger what should be easy to manage suddenly become true hazards. I'm thinking an third person shooter where you have to survive insects of different kinds. Or a survival game set in the middle of a meadow.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Squilookle said:

Me, I'd give my left leg for an open world Star Wars game. I would've said made by Bethesda but ever since Fallout 76 I have lost any faith in that company whatsoever, so I have no clue who should make it.

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
A Modern Warfare like game, but set in the Medieval or Renaissance times. Say like during the English Civil War. Heck, you could use the elder scrolls 5 engine for it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Pyrian said:
saint of m said:
"Reload Your Musket Simulator"

I'd like to see a modern FPS or something set in a properly spinning space station instead of some magic handwavium artificial gravity a la Prey, System Shocks, etc..
Not an FPS, but Tacoma does this. THe center of the space station has zero/micro gravity while the living/working areas in the spinning areas have normal gravity.

Samos205

Dec 14, 2011
Country
New Zealand
Bedinsis said:
I just had another idea: a game in which the player character is shrunken down and the environment are more or less common ones only since everything is much bigger what should be easy to manage suddenly become true hazards. I'm thinking an third person shooter where you have to survive insects of different kinds. Or a survival game set in the middle of a meadow.
Earth defense force? aside from the shrinking, sounds like a match.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
saint of m said:
---

6. A World War 1 Game set in the Predator universe, where the ultimate hunter is stalking the trenches.

---
As a random internet nobody, I hereby greenlight this project and order you to begin work on this immediately.

Here are some studio notes for your review:

1. Does it have to be a Predator? That franchise has, whew, really stunk up the place lately. I don't want to get Fox/Disney involved with this.

2. Can you make the locale one of the areas where deep explosive tunnels [https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-13630203] were dug? Then you can make up some bull about an underground creature being woken up by the, uh, infrasound generated from the sounds of war, and ultimately being released from its underground chamber by the explosive tunnels.

3. The player could be a tunneler and have to escape the horror of underground tunnels to the differently horrible trenches above. Kind of like how Ravenholm [http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/we-dont-go-to-ravenholm-700x437.jpg] was.

4. The horrors of WWI would be a great logical explanation for why evidence of a creature in the trenches was never found. Bodies were commonly accidentally excavated exhumed via explosions (wonderful gore opportunity here -- too soon?).

Anyway, Saint of m, or 'Santy M' for short, your budget is zero dollars. Let's have a meeting next week because I want this game now.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Samos205 said:
Bedinsis said:
Earth defense force? aside from the shrinking, sounds like a match.
It was the shrinking and the accompanying new environment that struck my fancy. The "fighting insects" was just to think up some basic gameplay loop.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
saint of m said:
So here are some gaming ideas that might fun, that I haven't seen or seen in a while. What are some of yours.

Here are some of mine.

1-3. A FPS trilogy that takes place in word War Two that fallows the following characters per game: A Jewish kid that is hoping to find their relatives, and hope the rumors he's heard are false. A Native American, Particularly Joe Medicine Man Crow of the Crow tribe as he is the last Crow War Chief. To become a warchief, one must 1. Touch an enemy warrior without killing them (counting coup). Take an enemy weapon, lead a successful war party, and steal an enemy horse. He did all of that in one mission. The last one will be on a kid from a Japanese Interment camp in the American Midwest that enlists the first chance he gets, and his story ends with him finding one of the Concentration camps.

4. A game set sometime after the defeat of Sauron and the surviving orcs get redeemed.

7. A game where the Princess saves the Dragon
I really like the idea of 4. There are plenty of stories about how there's one good guy stuck in an army of evil, or you start on the badguy side and realize that you're totes bad and make the switch, but I don't know if there are many games where you play as one side for a couple games (shadow of mordor) and then later it you play as the bad guy. The story being "oh wait, no they weren't really bad" or just a straight up "yeah it turns out the elves were just pricks all along". Dragonlance plays with this idea where elves are the embodiment of good but in general they're also holier than thou douchewanks most of the time, but they never really commit to the concept that the original good just wasn't as good as you thought it was. Just that good was "too good" or too up themselves to see other kinds of good.

I like the idea of like orks coming out and saying "no, listen, we did this shit, and it wasn't cool, but we were doing it for a reason. We aren't empty headed assholes, we just saw something you didn't and we did what we had to do." All while the elves were getting ready to go to their island of perfect eternity, nobody really talked about what happens to the rest of us, and the implied answer "starve and die" or "toil in meaningless mediocrity and pointlessness" ain't good enough for orks who are willing to get down and shitty with it to solve a problem or crush it to make something better.

Edit:

To get super real for a moment, I always hated this about Redwall and the rats. Fuck you, maybe the rats are doing their own biz because not everyone can live a comfortable aesthetic life in an abbey free from want. Maybe some people are just born in shitholes and do what they have to do because survival is better than suffering. Get fucked Martin, you might be some spirited eternal jesus-warrior, but the rest of us born outside of your sphere of influence had to make it somehow. Too bad we weren't born with a silver spoon up our asses in a perfect comfortable life, but you have to play the shit hand you were dealt.

Anyway I need to sober up.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A Dino Crisis game with a mix and match of RE2Remake and RE4.

A game based off the John Carter books.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Bedinsis said:
Bedinsis said:
It was the shrinking and the accompanying new environment that struck my fancy. The "fighting insects" was just to think up some basic gameplay loop.
Reminds me of de_Rats

Aside from shooters like Counter Strike and Unreal Tournament having levels like this for years, there was also the Army Men series which does pretty much exactly what you're asking for, insects included. For flight combat there's Airfix Dogfighter, and for racing there's the brilliant Re-Volt.

More recently there's Plastic Warfare- but so far I haven't seen any animals in it yet.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Squilookle said:
*A tight, team based FPS, but set entirely in space itself- so instead of planetary combat you're hijacking freighters, invading weapon platforms and raiding factories and space stations. Think like the battles in X-Wing and TIE Fighter, except now in addition to being a starfighter pilot, you can actually be those assault troops boarding enemy craft and clearing them out in brutal, close quarter combat. And not a single Jedi anywhere in the game. Because enough with the goddamn lightsabers already.
Yes this. All of this. EA... THIS is what Star Wars fans want. Not a Destiny clone by a dev that doesn't make shooters. Not an MMFPS wannabe that no one asked for. Just THIS. Its even got a cool name, you can call it "Wraith Squadron." Hell, you can even subtitle it and I won't complain about "Wraith Squadron: Origins." Just all of this, in my face... I'd purchase it on day one directly on the Origin store and won't complain a bit. Fill it with cosmetic microtransactions... hell, even cosmetic lootboxes and I'll keep quiet and just ignore them.

Unfortunately someone already made "my" suggestions of a game idea we haven't seen yet, so they would have to be classified as "game ideas that were great but gamers were too busy chasing the idiotic trends to really notice great gameplay." I always thought Pinnacle's Deadlands would make an amazing video game, and CreativeForge apparently agreed and made the isometric "Hard West." Which was awesome, but I'd prefer a game using Pinnacle's actual Deadlands setting and rules. Just make sure the combat is turn based and it would be great. And no one ever talks about being a fan of Tecmo's Deception series, and I never understood why... it is about the most fun gameplay loop one could wish for. Setting up elaborate Rube Goldberg killing traps for your enemies and then luring them to their deaths... beats any shooter, EVER, in the fun category.