Game Ideas You Want To See

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
There are a number of games about climbing already, including this hidden gem. Also there's Getting Over It, and a VR lovcraftian horror game called Edge of Nowhere,.
Celeste is a platforming game, not a climbing game. I do suppose Getting Over It is actually a climbing game though, not one I want to play, but you have a point there.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Celeste is a platforming game, not a climbing game. I do suppose Getting Over It is actually a climbing game though, not one I want to play, but you have a point there.
Climbing is a central mechanic. You climb walls and then jump off them. The game is about climbing a mountain.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I’d like NetherRealm to work on a sequel to Shaolin Monks, where you could pick your fighter like a normal fighting game but have it be in the SM game design with their own stories that tie together, kinda like story mode from the main games. It kinda sucks always having to switch characters there, and I liked the buddy system from SM being carried through a whole game.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Climbing is a central mechanic. You climb walls and then jump off them. The game is about climbing a mountain.
You slide down and jump off of walls. I would describe Celeste as a game of parkour. When I think of climbing, I think of something much more grounded (Often literally) like going up a mountain in Breath of the Wild or the climbing sections in the old God of War games. Flitting about like an acrobat isn't what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Dalisclock

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
You slide down and jump off of walls. I would describe Celeste as a game of parkour. When I think of climbing, I think of something much more grounded (Often literally) like going up a mountain in Breath of the Wild or the climbing sections in the old God of War games. Flitting about like an acrobat isn't what I'm talking about.
Not seen anyone mention it yet, but would the games Grow Up and Grow Home count at all? There whole gameplay loop is literally climbing massive alien flowers with little robot grippy hands and unlockable tools to get back to some sort of spaceship. I think Grow Home was the first game, Up was the sequel, but it's been a while. Also Death Stranding I think had a a fair amount of climbing gameplay, though sprinkled around the usual Kojima fluff.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Not seen anyone mention it yet, but would the games Grow Up and Grow Home count at all? There whole gameplay loop is literally climbing massive alien flowers with little robot grippy hands and unlockable tools to get back to some sort of spaceship. I think Grow Home was the first game, Up was the sequel, but it's been a while. Also Death Stranding I think had a a fair amount of climbing gameplay, though sprinkled around the usual Kojima fluff.
Ah, those would count I think.