Game Lawyer Calls Bobby Kotick "Emperor Palpatine"

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Pull your head out of your ass, cowboy up, you are the fucking evil Emperor. Just be who you are and stop trying to pretend like you're one of us. Number 1.

And number 2, all you have is money. You sell games. We got the fucking games, and you got shit without us. So pony up and back your talent, and treat them right. If you won't do it, somebody else will, and then they're going to replace you and your big company.

So, yeah, this guy makes some good points from where I'm standing.

I like his style.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
This guy is a lawyer in the same sense that Judge John Deed is a judge.

That said, Bobby Kotick is one of the worst things to happen to gaming in, like, ever.

Bob_Bobbington

Oct 27, 2008
4fromK said:
LOL lawyer picks on an easy target. fuck I wish someone would pick on miyamato like they do bobby kotick, he aint that bad
Your comparing this guy:

To this guy:

Edit: Also, if a lawyer is calling you evil you know you've hit rock bottom.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Why would someone take offense to an insult that was made in the form of a Star Wars reference?
That just seems petty to me.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Money can't be underestimated. Developers usually want to pay for their own living, and it's unfortunately people like Kotick who make it possible.
Still, like people have said, best we can now is stop buying from them, and do what we can to support IW's lawsuit.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
It would have been nice if he said something like "You contribute less to the industry than my dog's shit contributes to my lawn."

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Kotic has only recently popped up on my radar and from all the things I'm hearing, he sounds like a greedy asshole. I will do what I can to boycott Activision games... unfortunately they have their grubby hands in everything.

4fromK

Apr 15, 2009
I don't get why everyone gets all up in bobby koticks shit. sure, he is just a "corporate overlord", but, so is every one at the head of every game company.
personally, I think the guy is kinda endearing, especially the more recent shit thats been going on.

what exactly has he done to warrant this hate? other than some out of context quotes, I mean.

EDIT:
Bob_Bobbington said:
4fromK said:
pictures snipped
yeah, if we are comparing miyamoto to kotick; why don't we compare their companies, because thats basically what it comes down to:
nintendo is a sloppy old whore that used to make great, engaging, original games, and now just retreads old ground, and is also responsible for the wii, an abomination. Activision company that is seeming to learn from its mistakes: less GH games this year etc, and that has lately seemed to be at least trying to explore new ground with games like mirrors edge and dead space (the former more than the latter). yet, because the current generation of gamers were breastfed by nintendo, they are given accolades, and activision has unreasonable hate thrust apon it (note: I don't love activision, I don't even like them that much, they just haven't been killing my close family members, as they apparently have been doing to the majority of gaming enthusiasts)

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Taking the fun out of making games eh?

Game development is working over time, for modest wages, by dedicated people. Kill the motivation and the final product is garantueed to be shit.

In any business, killing morale on the work floor the most redarded thing any manager could do. In a creative line of work it is lethal.

Sounds like activision is wrecking for the short term then, cashing in on past titles with uninspired sequels for one last time before they go out of business.

Krelias

Apr 17, 2009
There should be a community boycott of Activision Blizzard.
Though i find it unlikely since every World of Warcraft player I know is willing to roll over and take it like a *****.

Arvind

Apr 11, 2009
4fromk - Mirror's Edge and Dead Space were produced by EA, not Activision.

And by the way, Nintendo don't tread half as much old ground as some people say they do. How different was Mario 64 from Mario 3 ? How different was Galaxy from Sunshine ?

RaineHero

Mar 19, 2010
... Stop grouping Blizzard with Activision. All they share is a logo, a marketing department, and stock. Blizzard still develops and publishes it's own games with no influence from Activision. I know you tried introducing your girlfriend to WoW to get her to warm up with the fact you play games and that she ended up running off with a 42 year old guy from Switzerland but you can't really blame WoW for that can you? Don't be like these guys:

Also, first post ever.

Hashcurt

Aug 22, 2009
jackanderson said:
Hells yeah!

Wait. A lawyer... talking sense about videogames... in this day and age? Never!

Love the Palpatine jab. I reeeeally despise Kotick after Infinity-Ward-Gate. If this guy doesn't like videogames, get the fuck out of the industry!
Jack Thompson set a realllly bad precedent. Couldn't care less about Kotick as he's as bad as litigant West and Zampella. That "bifurcating" remark kind of sums it up perfectly. They bifurcated themselves out of my money and their jobs. :)

As for that "boycott" photo, still makes me lift my palm like pillar to face. Bunch of damn idiots.