Game of Thrones Abridged: Game of Thrones Abridged - Teaser Trailer

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
setting the expectations kind of low for this one as the trailer didn't really look... good.

I find it hard to really get into the abridged concept for a live-action show verses (say) an anime simply because editing the bits of anime to make the abridged series what it is is much simpler to do while still making it look good and without making it look odd. Here... dialogue didn't/won't match up to what's being said. You really don't have as much flexibility to edit the scenes as you do with a cartoon, and so on.

Again, not saying it can't or shouldn't be done... just not expecting much from this.

Ryan Westberg

Mar 7, 2012
The main point of anime abridging is that anime is drawn out for the most part. I mean DBZ is a prime example of stretching out content, because the Anime would catch up to the manga and then they would have to stretch out content or make random episodes to just waste time.

Game of Thrones abridging makes absolutely no sense in nearly every episode important stuff is going down.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
._. Hmmmmmm, REALLY want this to be good from a conceptual standpoint and I'll watch the first three episodes to give it a fair chance buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut....that trailer.

Not the best.

Theme song of "F!@$%!, doodoo" doesn't give me great hopes either for level of humor.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Doo doo, fucking doo doo, fucking doo doo, fucking doo doo. I enjoyed that way more than I should have...

Looking forward to this.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
I was not a fan of the intro, but the content itself is pretty hilarious

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
SilverUchiha said:
setting the expectations kind of low for this one as the trailer didn't really look... good.

I find it hard to really get into the abridged concept for a live-action show verses (say) an anime simply because editing the bits of anime to make the abridged series what it is is much simpler to do while still making it look good and without making it look odd. Here... dialogue didn't/won't match up to what's being said. You really don't have as much flexibility to edit the scenes as you do with a cartoon, and so on.

Again, not saying it can't or shouldn't be done... just not expecting much from this.
Hey Silver, and others who have mentioned anime abridging.

What Matt is doing with Game of Thrones Abridged is completely different from that style. Matt is going off his press convention "Abridged" series of videos from when he was at videogamer.com (his PS4 Reveal Abridged still makes me laugh [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJDn0jRnUQ]) to parody the content with short rapid-fire jokes. If I may show my theater background a bit, this series is meant to be closer to The Compleat Works of William Shakespeare Abridged than Sailor Moon Abridged. He's not trying to show the whole plot of the series, but to poke fun at it.

Just wanted to clarify. Hope you tune in next week for the first full episode of Game of Thrones Abridged.

Greg

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
YES. Now I get more Matt Lees in a style I'm familiar with because I'm a predictable bastard, and he gets to do other stuff while also making some reliable income off of this, AND on one of my favourite websites.
That said, didn't feel this was something all this strong, but neither were a lot of stuff, so I'm looking forward to improvements.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
I am so excited for this! Huge fan of the show, huge fan of hilarious mock abridgements, and generally a fan of comedic takes on pop culture and self reflective geekdom. Great work Matt. Keep it up. :D

SirPigglesworth

Aug 14, 2012
I'm all for this, loved your work with videogamer and your independant stuff. I just hope there is enough to make fun of in an episode. I hope this goes as well as I think it will.

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
Wow, so much negativity in this thread. I don't personally understand it, I thought the trailer was just lovely and ended watching it 3 times. However, even if it really was shite, does every one remember Jim's first episode? I've learned a while back to be lenient and give these shows a chance.

funnydude6556

Feb 5, 2011
Matt Lees said:
Game of Thrones Abridged - Teaser Trailer

When you play the game of thrones, you watch all your favorite characters die horribly. But at least there's gratuitous amounts of nudity!

Watch Video
I'm gonna be honest here, I saw the title Game of Thrones abridged and thought "Oh great another idiot who thinks he can add a bunch of toilet jokes over the actual dialogue!" and then I saw the name Matt Lees and I was instantly on board, great to see you on the escapist. Seriously there's some guys out there who try making abridged work and not to attack them or anything but you can really easily tell they've gone with the first draft.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
its a teaser trailer because they're saving all the good bits for the actual show.
Also if this ends up being good could we move it to Thursday? I'd like it to stop being my rewatch-ZP-a-few-times day

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
Seems good. I Don't understand what all the Debbie downers are on about. I laughed out
T load more than once and I'm a right miserable bastard.

Looking forward to season 1!