Game of Thrones: Adaptation Decay

JMac85

Nov 1, 2007
The Deadpool said:
The "spoiler" came from a synopsis. And it was such a blatantly obvious spoiler that I cannot imagine anyone upset by it didn't already know it...
I wasn't talking about the identity of that specific character, but the entire scene itself. That's not something that's been revealed in the books yet.

Instead of being overjoyed that we're finally seeing something new, people are acting like, well, show watchers last year who were told about the red wedding before it happened. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Darmani said:
Ahem How is Ser Loras so much different that when onscreen people freak out.
Because the books only imply that he's gay, where as the show has him sucking dick.

Though, my personal grievance is that he hasn't had any really badass moments in the show. He's supposed to be one of the best fighters in Westeros, a parallel of Jaime Lannister. Haven't really seen much of that. I'd have been satisfied if he were at least in awesome physical shape, the actor they got for him is kind of scrawny. A gymnast physique would have fit the character.

Sneezeguard

Oct 13, 2010
Some of the reek complaining to me seems a little over the top.

It's like they want the actor to starve, castrate and remove his teeth just look the role.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
ah yes the fine art of 'changing things' >.> .... hmm?

The Wooster said:
Game of Thrones: Adaptation Decay

"Well, in the books..." is quickly becoming the most annoying phrase in the world.

Read Full Article
o.o?

Is that a Warframe hoody I spy in the first panel? Cause it looks like it going off the emblem.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
TsunamiWombat said:
I know i'm going to get flack for this but:

The Cersei/Jaime sex scene in the sept didn't seem like rape to me. YES, I KNOW IT WAS. It definitely was. She said NO. So it WAS. No means No always and forever, etc. However, in the scene, she didn't exactly fight real hard. IDK what the hell was going on really. She's saying 'no stop' but she's not biting or kicking him, just muttering and breathing heavily. I'm not sure what to make of it. It was a very bad scene.

It's still all kinds of fucked up because 1. She said no 2. Their dead son is right there. I can only assume they aren't making Jaime the Hero he is in the books after this. Maybe they even plan to kill him off.
My mother has been arguing this point too, and I kinda agree with her. She even said that

it seemed like she was A. not struggling very much B. actually unbuttoning his shirt C. when she said "it's wrong" it was more about how the corpse was in the room than anything else. Plus the director of the episode said it flat out wasn't supposed to be rape, so there we go. The execution was apparently a bit botched if so many people didn't catch the director's meaning, but take what you will from that. It seemed really ambiguous, which according to my friend who read the books is what it was like in the books, so it works IMHO

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
Personally, I like the books, I dont like how the show deviated in passed few episodes and it kind of aggravated me. I thought the books had it perfect the first time.

But whatever, the show is different from the books, and thats perfectly okay.

ninja51

Mar 28, 2010
Undomesticated Equine said:
Yeah i think they went a bit too far from the books in the last episode the scenes in the craster's keep were not necessary they just put them in to add more DRAMA. Usually the deviations from the books are for the sake of saving time. This time it was just pointless.
The chosen one getting caught by a bunch of raping savages literally drinking from skulls out of crazy while his brother is on his way was pointless? I disagree.

They established a new villain, not a huge one, but the situation is more interesting knowing just what kind of leader the new head of Craster's is. I'm scared as hell for what might happen to our main characters at Crasters with such a truly crazy guy holding alot of the cards