Game of Thrones Episode 9...

May 20, 2009
So is it just me or has anyone else noticed that every episode 9 in game of thrones made me cry....I've also decided to begin mourning so congrats Geroge R.R. you won this round. What did you guys think of this season and episode 9's in general?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The most shocking moment I have ever witnessed in a live action television series.

It totally sold me on reading the books. I need to know what happens next and the next season will not be here soon enough!

auron200004

Oct 12, 2010
Exceptionally well done. I've read the books, so the entire episode (since I knew what was going to come based on the title of the episode - "Rains of Castamere") I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation, waiting for the particular moment to come. I only had one real problem with the episode, and that was

That Greywind didn't get his epic moment before dying that he does in the books. In SoS, he manages to break free of his kennel and kill several Frey guardsmen before finally succumbing to crossbow bolts. Instead, in the episode, he just gets shot in the kennel. Still emotional, and I understand that it is difficult to train dogs to go on fake killing sprees (although they just did that with Summer and Shaggydog earlier that same episode). I just wished that would have gotten the same treatment as the books. The best part, in my opinion, was the very end with the look on Catelyn's face followed by slitting and then dead silent credits. AMAZING!

But, yeah, superb episode that has been built up over several episodes that finally pays off in a humongous way. Probably the best of the season so far, just like every episode 9 of every season, oddly enough.

May 20, 2009
It just struck me that every episode 9 has been so well done....excellent job tonight by the whole production staff....Will definitely bring in the ratings that's for sure.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
I....... er ....uh ..........gah bhegahergerk.

*reboots*

wow, I just, wow.
I guess that just leaves me with Team Targaryen

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
TheSapphireKnight said:
I....... er ....uh ..........gah bhegahergerk.

*reboots*

wow, I just, wow.
I guess that just leaves me with Team Targaryen
Agreed

Fuck the Freys, if the Twins don't burn down into a massive conflagration with all those monsters inside I'll be very disappointed.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Look on the bright side, it can only really get happier from here. And besides, we have another wedding to look forward to.

As a reader of the books, I can honestly say that even though I knew what was coming, this still shocked me. Very well done.
Robb's wife's death was especially shocking for me since she didn't actually attend the wedding in the books.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I wanna see Hound bust some heads! He hasn't properly bisected anyone all year, except for an immortal (whole lotta good that did). I'm not really a cryer but I was just agape for that whole last scene. Soon as the Rains of Castamere started playing I knew that dying time was here. Oh and Ned died, again.

I'm honestly surprised that Orell didn't get a kinda spidey sense when Hodor got the jedi mind trick from Bran. A warg that can control people should certainly set off some supernatural alarms.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that Lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

I knew exactly what was coming, but... good god that was brutal. I felt sick for a good hour afterwards. Then I watched it again. >_>

Fappy said:
The most shocking moment I have ever witnessed in a live action television series.

It totally sold me on reading the books. I need to know what happens next and the next season will not be here soon enough!
If it makes you feel any better, the Red Wedding chapter is 51 of 80 in Book 3, A Storm of Swords. More is to come... much more.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Wow. Just wow.

I'm actually glad I decided to hold off reading the books until after I've watched each series. I think speechless shock is a to this is the better reaction than the knowing smugness I've seen coming off of some people who've read the books.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I don't get to see any mass murders until tomorrow night, thank you very much Canada HBO, you bastards. Oh well, time will tell.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Being a fan of the books first and foremost, I think one issue with the show is it tends to put things to bed rather quickly. In the books, Robbs wife doesn't die, so there was speculation that she might be pregnant, and that we might be something happy out of all this. But instead, they both killed her in the show, as well as killed that theory for the books as well. Also, I honestly don't think there should have been so much killing of the folks at the wedding. Sure, in the books a lot of people died, but a lot were taken prisoner because they were mostly other lords, who make far better hostages than corpses .

That said, Great episode. Knowing what was happening didn't make it any easier for me, I had to pause and gird myself for what I knew was to come.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
I waited 2 years after reading Storm of Swords waiting for this moment, hoping HBO wouldn't somehow mess it up. After just wathing it I'm so glad they pulled it off so well. Now I have a sad ;(

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Yureina said:
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that Lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

I knew exactly what was coming, but... good god that was brutal. I felt sick for a good hour afterwards. Then I watched it again. >_>

If it makes you feel any better, the Red Wedding chapter is 51 of 80 in Book 3, A Storm of Swords. More is to come... much more.
Nice lyrics thanks for providing them ^_^
Here's the full spoken song with music if anyone is interested:
OP: One of the best if not the best scenes in television at least at the moment :D

Things I liked:I was not expecting Robb's wife to die as in the book she lives however it added an extra twist and was the most disturbing part considering she was pregnant,the fact that the Freys wife died also added much more omf compared to the brain dead son that was in the book.

Thing's I'm neutral on: In the books the music was supposed to be loud and powerful in order to silence the screams in this the silence gives it more strength but I miss the "boom Boom",they didn't show the fight outside that much sure it would have cost a lot but I wanted to see whole hoards slaughtered not just a table.

Thing's I disliked: That Greywind didn't get his moment to shine his Death was lackluster he should have killed some men, That Bolton didn't come in with full gleaming armor and sword instead he get's slapped run away like a pussy then comes back in the last minute T_T.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I think I need a hug...

I'm only on book one so this episode took me completely by surprise, I had some suspicions but it was nothing like what actually happened.

Go Daenerys!

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Nimzar said:
I'm actually glad I decided to hold off reading the books until after I've watched each series. I think speechless shock is a to this is the better reaction than the knowing smugness I've seen coming off of some people who've read the books.
Storm of Swords is the only book I've ever thrown across the room both in anger and despair. The only people who react with knowing smugness are those who have long since died inside and only want others to share their pain. I still can't reread SoS without a huge pit in my stomach, and it is by far the best in the series so far.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I knew it was coming and it still hit me hard. And I don't even like Robb and Catelyn that much. Just how brutal the entire scene was and all brought me to the edge of my seat. Such a well done episode.

Here's to hoping we see another particular wedding next week.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
GrimTuesday said:
Being a fan of the books first and foremost, I think one issue with the show is it tends to put things to bed rather quickly. In the books, Robbs wife doesn't die, so there was speculation that she might be pregnant, and that we might be something happy out of all this. But instead, they both killed her in the show, as well as killed that theory for the books as well. Also, I honestly don't think there should have been so much killing of the folks at the wedding. Sure, in the books a lot of people died, but a lot were taken prisoner because they were mostly other lords, who make far better hostages than corpses .

That said, Great episode. Knowing what was happening didn't make it any easier for me, I had to pause and gird myself for what I knew was to come.
I was reading a post by the actor who played Robb and I kind of agree with the point he makes that, there is no real happy ending out of this. Having his wife die there pretty much gets rid of thinking, well hey there's still a banner to fall behind. I'm holding out for the scene where an army of Wildlings emerges behind Winterfell and slaughters all the Bolton men with Jon Snow at the front (revived by melisandre of course).

The episode in my opinion was done perfectly and the fact that it hit me so hard as a reader, that I cried, makes me admire GRRM as a writer and the show's writers that much more. To pull something like that off is just a testament to the quality of the writers.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
mrhappy1489 said:
GrimTuesday said:

I was reading a post by the actor who played Robb and I kind of agree with the point he makes that, there is no real happy ending out of this. Having his wife die there pretty much gets rid of thinking, well hey there's still a banner to fall behind. I'm holding out for the scene where an army of Wildlings emerges behind Winterfell and slaughters all the Bolton men with Jon Snow at the front (revived by melisandre of course).

The episode in my opinion was done perfectly and the fact that it hit me so hard as a reader, that I cried, makes me admire GRRM as a writer and the show's writers that much more. To pull something like that off is just a testament to the quality of the writers.
Yeah, that's going to be fucking sweet. I just don't really like that it just killed some of the speculation that the book readers get to engage in. It kind of feels like the show spoils some of the fun, because for the most part, it takes away a lot of the ambiguity. Also, that hope is kind of one of those things that keeps you reading, because you want to see if your pet theories turn out to be true.

They had better nor change