Game of Thrones: Favorite character

nbamaniac

Apr 29, 2011
This series has so far exceeded my expectations. Everyone did their job well, and I think it really did capture George R.R. Martin's vision in his books. The world is full of schemers, and it's hard to win the Game if you refuse to break the rules. Anyway on topic, who would be your favorite character?

Mine would be Tyrion f*ckin Lannister.. Peter Dinklage was just utterly superb. Who would expect such charisma from a dwarf prince? :D

Oh, and this only refers to the TV series, don't include any spoilerrific characters in the books.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Because of my prior knowledge of the books I would say Sandor "The Hound" Clegane. The guy is a total badass and really turns out to be a great, complex character.

If we're just going on the show I would say The Greatjon. Why? because of this

nbamaniac

Apr 29, 2011
GrimTuesday said:
Because of my prior knowledge of the books I would say Sandor "The Hound" Clegane. The guy is a total badass and really turns out to be a great, complex character.

If we're just going on the show I would say The Greatjon. Why? because of this

*thumbs up* This scene was disturbingly hilarious.

EradiusLore

Jun 29, 2010
Eddard Stark of course! sean bean is my favourite actor and at this very moment as i type im also watching sharpe :p but THEY BLOODY KILLED HIM OFF!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR. after him i would say he is very closely followed by Tyrion Lannister because he is just so cool, Dinklage is an amazing actor.

Sarpedon

Feb 9, 2011
Not gonna watch that clip because I have a feeling that it's from Ep. 8, which I haven't seen yet. For some odd reason, the site I torrent the show from skips from Ep.7 to Ep.9.

As for favorite characters, I think Jon Snow is my ultimate favorite, considering what I know from the books.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Id have to go with Khal Drogo. He's the only straight forward character in the show. No plotting, no underhandedness, he just wants to fight, f*** and eat. I also laugh about he's becoming a softy at the hands of the Khalesee.

Also Tyrion Lannister. He is the most smooth talking, sharp tongued and arrogant person. But he's all those things in such a way that you can't help but like him.

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
Snow And Ghost(dudes Albino Direwolf), That or the Imp

Both Characters just jump out at me as Interesting

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
Tyrion for sure. I haven't read the books so I'm just going on the show so far, and he's the only one so far who seems genuinely honest while still having a personality beyond being infinitely hounarable <--- lookin at you ned. Overall though the entire cast has been pretty solid. Some of the characters are a little cliche but I'm still as hooked on that show as I could be,

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Definitely Tyrion. I loved his character in the books, and in the show, he's not even hideous anymore.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
For me I'd say Jorah Mormont. Not just because of the most recent episode where he had a fight, but because there's a lot that is almost intentionally left murky about his past and motivations. He's obviously quite intelligent and perceptive plus more than a capable fighter, has dishonored himself and been branded a traitor...yet seeks to reclaim that honor and a home, not by accepting the letter of reprieve from Westeros, but instead through supporting a monarch as outcast as he is. Or maybe that's not quite what he's after...

Varys comes a close second though. From the beginning I could see Littlefinger a mile away with his suave charming BS. But Varys remained a bit more enigmatic...until he obviously told his tale to Ned in the last episode. :)

nbamaniac

Apr 29, 2011
LivingInTheSixties said:
Danaerys is my favourite I think, I love how much shes developed as a character and hows shes become her own woman, I also love all of House Stark I just love how unique each character is and how they have their own trails to overcome.
Yeah I agree her character has the most development in the series. I hate his brother with a passion though. Good thing he got his arse handed to him. >:D

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
I'm with you OP, Tyrion is the bomb. The character's awesome and Peter Dinklage is a sick actor.
Not sure how to embed but this is too good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNeT2nzEgA
After Tyrion it would have to be Jorah Mormont. That guy is incredibly badass.

samuraiweasel

Mar 19, 2010
Tyrion Lannister/Arya Stark

its a close call but they both evolve so much as charaacters....who am i kidding...they kick ASS!

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I liked Jory when he was around. He was a reliable and capable retainer until his well, you know, encounter with a blade.

Apart of Eddard Stark, I've only just slowly started to like some of the other Starks. Now that Robb is leading the charge, Arya is more independent than ever and Snow is making a name for himself, these three are getting to be my favorites.

Super Duck

Nov 19, 2009
Tyrion, for God's sake, Tyrion. He was my favorite character in the book from the moment he slapped the piss out of Joffery, and Peter Dinklage has done a superb job portraying him.

Of course, The Momoa as Khal Drogo is a close second.