Game of Thrones season 5 - Your thoughts now that it's over

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
I have never seen a show take a nose dive as spectacular as this. My housemates and I had to pretty much force ourselves to sit through for the last half of the season. Not that the first half was good, we just hoped they were going somewhere with all the nonsense. Guess not. I can only think of a handful of episodes with some actually good scenes, but none that weren't any more than mediocre piss at best. I'm not even coming from the perspective of a book reader. I've only read the first book and maybe half of the second, and I know a few things that happen further on. I'm not asking for the show runners to make a beat for recreation of the books, but I expect them to show me something better than fucking 'You want a good girl but you need a bad pussy', Dany and Drogon in A Neverending Story, professional soldiers not knowing how to fight, pointless deaths that meant fucking nothing, comically evil characters, needless torturing of certain characters, fucking floor scrubbing, stupid changes from the source material that killed their respective scenes (The mutiny at Castle Black being a prime example) and somehow making me hate any scene with Tyrion in it. Overall, fuck this season, fuck this show and the fuck the people who wrote it. The next season had better be the white walkers coming down and slaughtering everything so we can put this show to rest before it gets fucked any more.