Game Release for 12-21-2012

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Just for the fun of it, which game or what kind of game should be released on this date? I know it's most likely not the end of the world on that date, but it would make some pretty awesome release date for what it is.
On my mind right now, I say:
Duke Nukem: Forever
Doom 3
*New Legacy of Kain game.

Originengel

Nov 7, 2006
Duke Nukem: Forever, will finally come out marking the end of the Pre-DK Era. Henceforth, after that day we'll switch from A.D. to D.K. and have a chaotic calendar based on the production time of Duke Nukem, just because the game will undoubtedly be the messiah game. Also, procrastinators will be normal people with the new calendar.

Huey1000

Oct 14, 2008
Why do people make a huge deal about 12/12/2012?! But I guess a zombie apocalypse game would be appropriate for that date.

Marshmallow

Mar 16, 2009
Pokemon Ruby 2. That game kept me captivated for hours and hours. In fact, I didn't eat a single bit over the 4 months I was addicted

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
A crazy rpg/slash-em-up where you play as a magic-powered Mayan warrior slaughtering rival tribes in the name of your heathen gods. ALL HAIL TEZCATLIPOCA!!! XD

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
GW2. The reason the Myans stopped writing dates is that they knew once this game came out, no one would give a fuck what day it is.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Huey1000 said:
Why do people make a huge deal about 12/12/2012?! But I guess a zombie apocalypse game would be appropriate for that date.
They make a big deal out of it because some people are scared that an unfinished Mayan calender could mark the end of the world. I don't believe in it, but like I said, it would make some pretty awesome promotional stuff.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Sable Gear said:
A crazy rpg/slash-em-up where you play as a magic-powered Mayan warrior slaughtering rival tribes in the name of your heathen gods. ALL HAIL TEZCATLIPOCA!!! XD
Sounds good. =D

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Marshmallow said:
Pokemon Ruby 2. That game kept me captivated for hours and hours. In fact, I didn't eat a single bit over the 4 months I was addicted
I was a Sapphire addict myself. That game was goood.

Marshmallow

Mar 16, 2009
Shapsters said:
Marshmallow said:
I was a Sapphire addict myself. That game was goood.
Indeed Pokemon games were the shit back in the day.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Marshmallow said:
quack35 said:
ET Atari 2
I remember that one. That good game was one hell of a good game.
It was so polished and deep, with a compelling world and realistic characters.
I liked when ET fell into a pit, and you had to spend 20 minutes pressing a button to get him out. So immersive and awesome.

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
Wasn't the end of the world on the 21st of December, not the 12th?

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
^^ You're right, I thought it was 12-12-2012. Thanks.
Dreamcast 2 anyone? (I know it's pretty impossible)

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Slash Dementia said:
Huey1000 said:
They make a big deal out of it because some people are scared that an unfinished Mayan calender could mark the end of the world. I don't believe in it, but like I said, it would make some pretty awesome promotional stuff.
I love how everyone makes a big deal out of it, i juts sit there thinking, well maybe the guys who were working on the calender just fucking stopped there, would it make more sense to wait another 1500 years, i mean those guys had no life, we should give them a break, doing the math for all the days for 1500 years in advance is the shi*