Game/s that you remember fondly

Deceptive_Trixter

Oct 21, 2011
What are the games that has left a lasting impact in your life? Games that you will remember for a long time. Do you remember it for it's characters or it's story, the way the game plays, the beauty of the environments as you explore, or just the hours of fun you get from that certain game.

For me it would be Shin Megami Tensei:Nocturne. The game is is the first Main SMT game I played and introduced me to the other Atlus games. It certainly is difficult but it makes playing through it a lot more satisfying. The feeling of traversing the world beating up and/or recruiting demons to be your partners to help you survive the area is satisfying.

Fireaxe

Sep 30, 2013
Not a game in its own right, but the old battle.net platform Blizzard had for multiplayer (Warcraft2/3, Diablo1/2, Starcraft) is something I remember very fondly (the new battle.net is utter shit by comparison) -- played so many games with so many people on there over the years.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Among the games I remember most fondly is probably Super Mario Allstars on the SNES. My dad brought home the games console and the game as part of a bundle and we both started playing Super Mario Bros.. We had so many fun times thanks to that game, and both me and my dad continue to play games against each other to this day. When I come back from Montreal I might have to drop by my parents place and ask if my dad wants to go through a couple of levels of Super Mario Bros. 3 for old times sake.

iwinatlife

Aug 21, 2008
Warcraft 3 custom maps wintermauls footmen frenzy, whos the alien, Curse of time, Binderz, Hero Line wars. all the hours

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
The title and OP are kinda contradictory, but I'll answer both anyways.

Game I remember fondly: Lego Rock Raiders. This was the first game I played somewhat seriously as a kid, and the concept is still interesting today (an RTS that's pretty much entirely base building; imagine Minecraft but top-down and both more and less complicated).

Game that left a lasting impact on my life: Deus Ex 1 (my first "serious" playthrough was in 2010). To this day, I never found the gameplay to be the perfection it was hyped up to be, but DX1 was the first and best example I've seen of a game that took relevant real-world issues and discussed them in a meaningful way and caused me to seriously rethink the way I thought of the world.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
The game that had the biggest emotional impact on me was Katawa Shoujo. A masterful piece of storytelling. Persona 4 Golden as well for it's fantastic characters and genuinely interesting story.

My childhood game would probably be Kingdom Hearts. I played that thing to death as a 10 year old.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Myth: The Fallen Lords, and Myth 2: Soulblighter. These games were so ahead of their time when they were released it was crazy. Incredible graphics, amazing physics engine, unique and original gameplay that was a total blast, tough as nails, and it was wrapped up in a game with amazing voice acting, an interesting and unique IP, and an incredibly compelling story.

Multiplayer was also a complete blast and had a great community. Games were nearly as fun to watch as they were to play.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Hmm...:

Super Mario World- even though I was too little to understand what was going on with the pretty pictures, it was fun watching my older cousin and my awesome babysitter play my game for me.

Pokemon Gold- for getting me into gaming, period.

Persona 3 FES- for getting me into ATLUS. I'll lump the rest like SMT: Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon, SMT: Devil Survivor: Overclocked, P3P, P4, P4G in with it.

,hack//:Infection- first game that I played that wasn't on the GBC (that was my equivalent of the mind-blowing FFVII 'moment' at the time), first completed PS2 game, played it lots because my sister won that PS2 sans memory card so we couldn't save until we rectified that.

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland- we got it from the same friend who gave us the above game, it really was serious fun like it said on the box.

Okami- for letting my enjoy a game that had platforming and real-time battle elements that even I could handle, being the first game I ever completed 100%, and introducing me to the lovely sumi-e painting style.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA)- I beat it myself (repeatedly just to hear Simple and Clean).

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep- Aqua. That is all.

Deadpool- I found it funny, took me around 7 hours to complete, and it definitely prepped me gameplay-wise for the following title in this list.

The Last of Us- I played something that was not a JRPG and I loved it. It was scary so I played during the light hours with my braver little brother and sister by my side for moral support and beat it. I don't end up finishing a lot of games past the "point of no return" sections, so anytime it happens is a great achievement for me.

Rain- So much feels and it was cute and sweet.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Two of my all-time favorite games, ever. The characters, the story, the world, the gameplay, everything about these two games are utterly amazing.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
The ones that stand out the most are definetly Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet & Clank and Final Fantasy X.
First two were my first Playstation games. Hadn't played anything like it(before it was all SNES at my friends places or some shitty pin ball game) and got completely obsessed with them.
The latter games were also my first two, but for Playstation 2. Same thing there. Had never seen anything like it before. The graphics was beyond amazing, gameplay was the best ever and the fact that it had voice acting blew my mind.

Aah... Good times. Don't really have any nostalgia like that for the 360 or PS3.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are completely flawless in my eyes, and I refuse to be told otherwise.

Those were the two games that got me wanting a future career in video games. They were packed with personality and oh GOD, the music! Grant Kirkhope is a legend. I wanted so badly to create those same memories for other children to experience. I dare say BK and BT have radically altered my way of thinking far more than any school could.

...now I feel like replaying both of them again.

[sub]Before you ask, I loathe what has become of Rare in more recent years. Absolutely loathe.[/sub]

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Pokemnon Blue: I still remember the day I got it. It was raining pretty hard, and we were having a garage sale. It was my birthday. I got it in the middle of the garage sale and drifted off from the real world. I got into a Metapod V. Metapod battle. It was also the same day I got my purple see-through GBC. I'd been a Pokemon fan from the anime, but I've never stopped playing the handheld games. I'm getting X on the 12th.

VTMB: I've used the Malk mindset to pretty much not give a fuck about what people think of me anymore. And if they get on my nerves then so the better.

Timesplitters 3: I can damn near play through this with my eyes closed. I know it almost top to bottom, and I can beat it in around four hours. I know all the tricks, the secrets, and paths.

007 Nightfire: See above, I've always been a shooter fan, but I always prefer analogue sticks to M&K. And I'm proud of it, not to hate on PC gamers, but it's something special to me. Also I own 007 legends and look at it and just think "...wow. what the FUCK happened?" Even though I kind of know it was part time constraint, part Activision, and part probably some key people at Eurocom left in between titles. But wow, that game sucks.

Crash Bandicoot: The first game I ever played EVER. While 3 is my favorite, the series as a whole made a huge impact on my life. Even though I know Andy Gavin is gone, I still snap up every new game ND puts out. And they still stick to the motto of complexity for quality. I spent so much time on CTR too. It just cuts me up inside about what happened. I still laugh at Radical's grave.

GTA 3: First experience with an open world/mature rated game. It blew my mind all the amazing things you could do. You could be on foot, you could drive cars, you could explore, you could run people over! Oh it was fantastic!

EDIT: I suppose Bioshock 1 should get a special mention. There have been fantastic games this generation, Far Cry 3...one of US. Borderlands 2...one of US. Arkham City...one of US. Fallout New Vegas...one of US. Skyrim...one of US. inFamous 2...one of US. GTA V...one of US.
But Bioshock has had the most playthroughs. I freaking love that game, and no matter how many times I play it, I have never found all the audio logs. But yeah, favorite game this gen. EVEN THOUGH I had the twist spoiled.

Azure23

Nov 5, 2012
Exius Xavarus said:
Golden Sun

Two of my all-time favorite games, ever. The characters, the story, the world, the gameplay, everything about these two games are utterly amazing.
Fuck yes. also Ape Escape, fucking loved Ape Escape

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer.. still holds up to this day.. if i could get it bloody working again.. its goes all white screen -.-

Feraswondervahnn

Jul 15, 2010
Exius Xavarus said:
Golden Sun

Yes! Yes! Golden Sun was absolutely amazing! Though I never got to complete The Lost Age.

Other than those Dungeon Keeper and Heroes of Might and Magic 3. I played the hell out of Heroes 3 (and still do) to the point I'd say it's easily my most played game. I loved the old Might and Magic titles as well.

Victim of Progress

Jul 11, 2011
Feraswondervahnn said:
Exius Xavarus said:
Golden Sun

Yes! Yes! Golden Sun was absolutely amazing! Though I never got to complete The Lost Age.

Other than those Dungeon Keeper and Heroes of Might and Magic 3. I played the hell out of Heroes 3 (and still do) to the point I'd say it's easily my most played game. I loved the old Might and Magic titles as well.
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 was the shit! I remember playing it a lot as well. The golden sun games were great too, thought I never completed them

Dumb_Joe

Feb 3, 2011
Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Age of Mythology, C&C Generals, Unreal Tournament, Insane, Diablo 1 and 2, Crash Bandicoot, Need for Speed 4, Roller Coaster tycoon 2, Syphon Filter 1,2,3, Zanzarah

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Pretty much anything I played as a kid. SNES games, Sega games, PC games, PS games. I'm a fondness guy.