Game soundtracks.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
Call of Duty 4
Metal Gear Solid series
Killzone 2

Especially that last one. The music of the final battle is just amazing. Gave me chills while I was playing it.

Edit: I forgot Shadow of the Colossus. Epic music. Stupid me.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
God of War I & II had excellent music. The Legend of Zelda series does too. I love the overworld theme.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
setvak said:
And of course my favorite game - Shadow of the Colossus. Fully orchestrated, fully epic.
Hence, this.

The Zelda soundtracks, though I'm thinking Wind Waker at the moment. It can be happy tropical-ness when it wants to, then goes properly dark on you when you enter a Temple or the Ghost Ship. Then there's the thing where you get a note for every strike you land, getting higher as the enemy is about to die. You could probably make a little song out of that. Awesome. I should probably mention Kingdom Hearts as well. The town music transitions really well into the fight music.

sonicmaster1989

Dec 6, 2008
For the billionth time, any Ace Combat released has an incredible soundtrack, especially the final stage musics. Those are epic as god.

y8c616

May 14, 2008
r3lix said:
Are there any games with brilliant and awesome soundtracks, tracks that actually make you want to play because it actually adds to the whole atmosphere? I noticed this in Halo3.
The Halo soundtracks, while accompanying the game well, and augmenting the experience, don't really stand up just as pieces of music to listen to due to, in my opinion at least, overusage of thematic material. The MGS series soundtracks fulfull both purposes though. As for other games having soundtracks that really add to the atmosphere, Killzone 2, Bioshock, and Dead Space are winners:)

Jerich0

Aug 11, 2009
every f-zero game, obviously. it's not rock, its rawk!
sonic riders. i know, but still. fast, heavy, rave-ish beats? hell yes.
metroid prime. i haven't played any sequels, but some of prime's music was beautiful
legend of zelda. ocarina, majora, and wind waker. all iconic, and wind wker had dragon roost island.
halo. the original halo. it's got a bunch of good ones.
halo 2. OXM had to change their pants when they listened to its soundtrack. when i got the game, i found out why.
halo 3. because of that fanfare in the trailer ^_^
morrowind. because they bring back memories of an ill-spent childhood, and it's really good easy listening, or for ambiance.

and many others, but im bored of typing now.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The best example of that is probably Rez.
I also have to applaud R*: they always manage to get some really great licensed music in their games that really fits with the missions and for just driving around causing havoc. Master Sounds is one of the reasons San Andreas is my favorite game.