#Gamerfruit: Gamergate sinks to new lows.

Dragonmouth

Sep 15, 2014
http://imgur.com/a/YES23

GG has come up with a new way to mock Brianna Wu for accidentally addressing a fruit importer on Twitter.

I'm sure this has EVERYTHING to do with ethics in gaming journalism and nothing to do with ganging up on one person like a middle school class.

Thorn14

Jun 29, 2013
Oh man, making a game that will go to supporting poor farmers in third world countries.

http://imgur.com/8ivphP0

DAMN THAT DASTARDLY GAMER GATE!

Irick

Apr 18, 2012
Thorn14 said:
Oh man, making a game that will go to supporting poor farmers in third world countries.

Heh.
I swear, the weirdest things happen on the internet. We'll see if they deliver :3

dragoongfa

It's the Krossopolypse
Apr 21, 2009
The desperation is palpable here.

The guy was brought in the spotlight by Wu and had a charitable idea, #GamerGate supporters push it forward for a laugh and because it is a good cause.

Thorn14

Jun 29, 2013
Irick said:
Thorn14 said:

Heh.
I swear, the weirdest things happen on the internet. We'll see if they deliver :3
A stupid twitter post leads to a game that supports a good cause. I fail to see how this could be a new low.

Dragonmouth

Sep 15, 2014
Thorn14 said:

And I'm sure bullying Brianna Wu and putting fruit on top of your consoles advances that admirable goal.

Irick

Apr 18, 2012
dragoongfa said:
The desperation is palpable here.

The guy was brought in the spotlight by Wu and had a charitable idea, #GamerGate supporters push it forward for a laugh and because it is a good cause.
Don't you get it? This is obviously propaganda for the evil fruitarian agenda. #Gamergate is complicit in making fresh fruit more widely available in developing countries and making them more likely to eskew a healthy balanced diet!

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN! ;_;

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
Dragonmouth said:
It takes a special kind of stupid to not see that this was born out of a desire from GG to bully yet another woman.
So wait, what is the bullying here again? Putting fruit on a console? That's bullying now?

I suppose I see your point. Next time I want to have harmless fun I'll take the picture of an autistic child and turn it into a meme, since that's how all the cool kids are doing it.

Thorn14

Jun 29, 2013
Thread backfire.

And I fail to see how this is bullying. She attacked a fruit company and fruit guy said "Hey this has me thinking, why don't we get a game made that supports fruit sellers?"

If not for Brianna Wu this wouldn't have happened. So thanks Brianna. Thanks Fruit Guy.

Irick

Apr 18, 2012
Dragonmouth said:
It takes a special kind of stupid to not see that this was born out of a desire from GG to bully yet another woman.
By creating a charitable video game because it's funny that she accidentally tweeted a fruit importer.

Look, I'm not saying that it's not them trolling her, but it's not malicious. It's actually beneficial. Pick your battles, this could be a good laugh all around in the right mindset and it has the potential to do some good.

#EvilFrutarianAgenda2014

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
*puts down newspaper*
they were probably having a laugh at her expense, nothing malevolant
*picks up newspaper*

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
CaptainChip said:
C'mon, Dragonmouth. Did this really deserve it's own thread?
Everything anyone has got to say about Gamergate should go in a new thread, because nobody is going to bother to read all the stuff about GG in the big thread. Or something.

I think it'd be nice to have a GG subforum to stick all these in.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
I just have to ask if the OP is actually serious cause I truly cannot see this thread as anything but being an attempt at sarcasm.

Irick

Apr 18, 2012
thaluikhain said:
CaptainChip said:
C'mon, Dragonmouth. Did this really deserve it's own thread?
Everything anyone has got to say about Gamergate should go in a new thread, because nobody is going to bother to read all the stuff about GG in the big thread. Or something.

This is probably a good idea. I mean, this is an issue that has been rather consistently discussed for the past few months at the very least. I'm not sure if there is much sign of it slowing down in momentum.

But, on the other hand, making it have a dedicated sub forum is going to make it a permanent discussion on the site.

Dragonmouth

Sep 15, 2014
I guess GG can't do anything good unless it is coupled with something cruel. But that is not surprising considering its origins.

Random Gamer

Sep 8, 2014
thaluikhain said:
Well, I think this would paint a big target on Escapist's back. Kind of asking to get DDOSed.

Irick said:
By creating a charitable video game because it's funny that she accidentally tweeted a fruit importer.
Well, I'm not sure how big that firm actually is, and I wouldn't put my money on any game actually getting made. But well, if the guy seriously wants to try, then good and power to him - I just haven't the faintest clue if he's really considering it and if he's legit.

Dragonmouth

Sep 15, 2014
Davroth said:
Dragonmouth said:
So wait, what is the bullying here again? Putting fruit on a console? That's bullying now?

I suppose I see your point. Next time I want to have harmless fun I'll take the picture of an autistic child and turn it into a meme, since that's how all the cool kids are doing it.
Using a simple mistake to mock someone who is already a victim of harassment and bullying. The level you GGers scrutinize her every action is beyond creepy. And Brianna is the ultimate proof that GG doesn't care one bit for journalism. I still have not heard what ethical standard she broke.