#Gamerfruit: Gamergate sinks to new lows.

Dragonmouth

Sep 15, 2014
Generalissimo said:
*puts down newspaper*
they were probably having a laugh at her expense, nothing malevolant
*picks up newspaper*
A laugh "at someone's expense" is by definition malevolent.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Dragonmouth said:
So, let me get this straight.

Some idiot does something stupid on the internet that makes themselves look even more like an idiot.

People laugh at their idiocy.

And that's wrong and totally the fault of everyone else but her?

Dragonmouth. I'm going to explain a concept very important to equality.

Women are just as capable of defending themselves and being responsible for the actions as men are. Women are not mentally weaker. You do not need to defend them. They are functional human beings who can do that themselves.

To imply that a woman cannot stand on her own merit and must be propped up at every occasion is actually really quite misogynistic.

CaptainChip

Jul 8, 2012
Dragonmouth said:
Generalissimo said:
*puts down newspaper*
they were probably having a laugh at her expense, nothing malevolant
*picks up newspaper*
Okay. Looks like a significant chunk of comedies are now evil. America's Funniest Home Videos? Evil. Any self-deprecating comedian? Evil. Any movie that uses schadenfreude? Evil.

Thanks, Mr. High Horse.

Dragonmouth

Sep 15, 2014
FYI, the proGG subreddit KotakuInAction has at least TWO threads on Gamerfruit. Can GG get any more hypocritical?

Guerilla

Sep 7, 2014
Sounds like the new low was just reached on the anti-GG side who were so quick to be offended once again that they missed the humor and good intentions of this hashtag. Not surprising at all.

Dragonmouth

Sep 15, 2014
The Lunatic said:
Dragonmouth said:
So, let me get this straight.

Some idiot does something stupid on the internet that makes themselves look even more like an idiot.

People laugh at their idiocy.

And that's wrong and totally the fault of everyone else but her?

Dragonmouth. I'm going to explain a concept very important to equality.

Women are just as capable of defending themselves and being responsible for the actions as men are. Women are not mentally weaker. You do not need to defend them. They are functional human beings who can do that themselves.

To imply that a woman cannot stand on her own merit and must be propped up at every occasion is actually really quite misogynistic.
To imply women and men don't deserve defenders when bullied is both misogynisitic and misandristic.

Dragonmouth

Sep 15, 2014
Guerilla said:
Sounds like the new low was just reached on the anti-GG side who were so quick to be offended once again that they missed the humor and good intentions of this hashtag. Not surprising at all.
Good intentions? Heh. A small chance of a good outcome but not good intentions. This was born out of mockery of Brianna Wu.

Blue C Jeffrey

Mar 27, 2014
Honestly, I'm all for light-hearted silliness. Seeing the banana on the Xbox and the tweet about "never felt so much love from different people" actually made me smile.

I think we need more of this in such a turbulent subject matter.

Guerilla

Sep 7, 2014
Dragonmouth said:
Guerilla said:
Good intentions? Heh. A small chance of a good outcome but not good intentions. This was born out of mockery of Brianna Wu.
Good intentions about the charity. Wu is an idiot that deserves the mocking. People are being mocked every day because of the stupid shit they say, SJWs aren't going to prohibit people from making fun of stupidity now, take responsibility for the things you do and say ffs.

know whan purr tick

Aug 24, 2014
One might have to be a vegetable to not see the humor here. Didn't Mrs. Wu have her account hacked for a couple minutes? If it wasn't her then don't make it about her by projecting "all is hate from gamergate" onto what you see. Its silly but a game to support farmers would be grape to come into fruition. There is a gamefruit.org
Our genre is built almost entirely by independent developers who fell in love with PBBGs as players. They are uniquely connected to the community, and because of that their business practices are also unique. We think that's pretty darn awesome - absofruitly awesome, in fact.
Coincidence or related? My cynical-side wonders if there is opportunism involved.

The DICE [Europe] LTD accountholder seems like a decent person.

Dragonmouth

Sep 15, 2014
Guerilla said:
Dragonmouth said:
Guerilla said:
Good intentions about the charity. Wu is an idiot that deserves the mocking. People are being mocked every day because of the stupid shit they say, SJWs aren't going to prohibit people from making fun of stupidity now, take responsibility for the things you do and say ffs.
Still not sure what Wu has done to violate journalistic ethics.

Guerilla

Sep 7, 2014
Dragonmouth said:
I like how you're moving the goalposts. Anyway, pretentious self-righteous idiocy is one of the things gg fights against. It's one of the ways game "journalists" use to censor, demand and hide their corruption. Imo and the opinion of others GG isn't just about corruption it's about these annoying self-righteous morons who think they can dictate to the industry how to make games.

Guerilla

Sep 7, 2014
Soleca said:
In any argument you should side with the one who has a sense of humour.
Imo humor, self-deprecation, and the ability to not be offended easily is a sign of intelligence, self-awareness and confidence so I wholeheartedly agree.

CaptainChip

Jul 8, 2012
Guerilla said:
Dragonmouth said:
I like how you're moving the goalposts. Anyway, pretentious self-righteous idiocy is one of the things gg fights against. It's one of the ways game "journalists" use to censor, demand and hide their corruption. Imo and the opinion of others GG isn't just about corruption it's about these annoying self-righteous morons who think they can dictate to the industry how to make games.
Plus it didn't help that she said she wanted to de-escalate the situation, shortly before ditching Milo (costing him time and money), and going straight to MSNBC, HuffPo, and CNN and lie through her teeth, escalating the situation by a HUGE amount.

Dragonmouth

Sep 15, 2014
Guerilla said:
Dragonmouth said:
Isn't that what consumer movements are all about? Getting businesses to produce what you want? In that regard how is Wu different from what GG claims to be?