Gamers VS. Jimmy Kimmel!!!! Fight!!!!

stormtrooper9091

Jun 2, 2010
Nazulu said:
stormtrooper9091 said:
but it will also make you think twice before posting random toxic hateful stuff so it would in a way balance itself out. Anonymity is partially why everyone on the internet can be a complete bellend because no consequences
I gather you are responding to BrokenTinker or me. If you are wondering, the quote button is at the right of the grey bar above our posts.

Anyway, you are right, but at the same time, I don't want a bunch of lunatics online knowing anything about me.
Yeah sorry, I'm used to non-quoting because I assume it is obvious. No need to be a dick about it though

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
My goodness does no one have a sense of humor anymore? How dare someone make fun of something i you like! This is why no one takes gamers seriously. Bunch of immature manchildren.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
To be blunt I agree with Kimmel. Lets plays are boring as hell to watch. But they're cheap and easy to make. So they're popular. It's basically someone selling there personality, and frankly I haven't found anyone who's personality is that fucking interesting.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Jimmy Kimmel is entitled to his opinion that it's boring nerd-ery, just as I'm entitled to think Kimmel is about as funny as a kick to the balls with steel-toe boots. So there you go Kimmel, democracy in action: you think LetsPlayers stupid, and I think you're an entertainment black hole from which nothing can escape.

stormtrooper9091

Jun 2, 2010
Lufia Erim said:
My goodness does no one have a sense of humor anymore? How dare someone make fun of something i you like! This is why no one takes gamers seriously. Bunch of immature manchildren.

aaaaaaaaand that's topic over right there.

Good job, buzzkill :p

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
Soooo...

Who is this guy and why should I care what he thinks about the stuff I like?

And death threats? Really? The skit is a bit mean-spirited and that's not really a funny joke, but it's a joke nontheless. Shrug and move on.
I find it funny how offended people act when their precious hobby is "attacked", and then immediately turn around and ***** and moan about how other people get too easily offended. You can bet your ass that noone of the people who send these threats now would do it if he'd, say, made a similar joke about women or POC or gays or what have you; Then they would've thought that the people getting offended were overreacting.

It's shit like this that makes it impossible for other people to take us seriously.
Stop proving them right; Don't send death threats to people, that's not a cool or mature thing to do.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Twintix said:
Soooo...

Who is this guy and why should I care what he thinks about the stuff I like?

And death threats? Really? The skit is a bit mean-spirited and that's not really a funny joke, but it's a joke nontheless. Shrug and move on.
I find it funny how offended people act when their precious hobby is "attacked", and then immediately turn around and ***** and moan about how other people get too easily offended. You can bet your ass that noone of the people who send these threats now would do it if he'd, say, made a similar joke about women or POC or gays or what have you; Then they would've thought that the people getting offended were overreacting.

It's shit like this that makes it impossible for other people to take us seriously.
Stop proving them right; Don't send death threats to people, that's not a cool or mature thing to do.
He's the second funniest Late Night host named Jimmy

But yeah, gamers do seem to be the most easily offended group of people out there

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
stormtrooper9091 said:
Nazulu said:
stormtrooper9091 said:
but it will also make you think twice before posting random toxic hateful stuff so it would in a way balance itself out. Anonymity is partially why everyone on the internet can be a complete bellend because no consequences
I gather you are responding to BrokenTinker or me. If you are wondering, the quote button is at the right of the grey bar above our posts.

Anyway, you are right, but at the same time, I don't want a bunch of lunatics online knowing anything about me.
Yeah sorry, I'm used to non-quoting because I assume it is obvious. No need to be a dick about it though
You don't have to be sorry for that. I recommend it though because it will bring attention to those you quoted.

Also, I wasn't being a dick, I was just informing you. Next time I'll ask if people know how to quote in private, would that have made you happier?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Remember The Man Show?

I do.

So I don't really take Kimmel seriously...so I don't give much of a damn what the guy thinks about let's plays?

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Kaleion said:
The guy made a joke, it was stupid and not really all that funny but it was just that a joke, why do people even care about a joke?!

I don't get it at all, when I saw the joke I just rolled my eyes and left it at that and I don't even watch Let's Plays, well for the most part, that's all everyone should do, there's nothing to be offended by it's just a dumb joke like all those jokes about Jews and Pollacks and stuff.
It's overly sensitive people on the internet having a knee jerk reaction to people insulting their hobby. The same thing that happens whenever someone says something bad or criticizes games.

Is it effing annoying and needs to be stopped yes.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I think it's just letsplay fans vs. Jimmy Kimmel, because gamers are too busy playing games.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
He makes fun of shit, surprise surprise he will also make fun of your shit...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+comedy

Obviously the community of perpetually offended needs to make this yet another monkey poop fight, so in the end everyone gets entertained.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Since I don't know who the hell this guy is in the first place, I rate his importance on the opinion about gaming anything as nil. He makes no difference and he does not matter.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Elfgore said:
So, thoughts?
Yeah, I heard about this last week when the shit actually went down. The thing is: Jimmy's always been an asshole, it's just now his assholishness is being directed at our community.

Point is: there's really nothing new to see here, it's just Jimmy being a prick...which he's always been in the past.

Is Kimmel right that let's plays are stupid and a waste of time?
Nope. They're a means of free advertisement for the developers who are willing to realize, acknowledge, and accept that they are indeed a means of free advertisement. For everyone else they're a means of entertainment. Considering how subjective a notion such as "entertainment" is, there's really no way to argue what is and is not a "valid" form of entertainment. If someone says the most entertaining part of their day is watching the grass grow while recording paint drying, then guess what: those are "valid" forms of entertainment.

Who's the asshole in this situation, the gamers or Kimmel?
Jimmy for being the prick that started this (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed all due to jealousy over the fact that more people watch Markiplier than watch Jimmy's TV show), and the gamers for once again doing their absolute best to prove all the stereotypes about us are true by leaving death threats and the like in the comment section.

Seriously guys...dah fuck? Can we please stop doing that? What's with the death threats...all it does is make you look stupid and make the community look like a bunch of immature twats.

Is Kimmel's idea of gamers outdated and offensive?
Outdated? Most definitely. Offensive? Not at all. I apply to the notion that you have to choose to be offended by something. As such, I really couldn't give two shits and a fuck about what Jimmy thinks of gamers.

Do you think this is the end of this whole situation?
Hopefully. I'd imagine the ball is back in Jimmy's court at this point, so if he feels like poking the bee hive some more then it will go on, but if he drops it then we can all move on with our life.

Is Elfgore the most sexy Escapist user?
Tits or gtfo. :p

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Southpark kinda made fun of that with that one episode where Cartman started to do lets plays of lets plays and it subtlety mocked talk shows for doing the same thing about commenting on other commentators.

Not a big fan of lets plays unless it is actually interesting.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Lufia Erim said:
Pretty much my thoughts on it. I don't know if I'd go so far as immature manchildren over this, but something along those lines for that kind of reaction at a mildly funny joke. (I find the concept hilarious but the execution just made me grin a bit)

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Ah, here we go again. Someone says something negative about gamers and gamers blow a gasket, having a collective aneurysm as they set out to prove the stereotypes correct.

Elfgore said:
So, thoughts? Is Kimmel right that let's plays are stupid and a waste of time?
As someone who watches Let's Plays I don't think they're a waste of time. I can see why people would think that but I always watch them partially because I like the personality of the person playing the game and so I can get an idea of what the game being played is like. Particularly because there are no rental stores in my area anymore and I currently can't pay monthly fees for a service like Game Access.

Who's the asshole in this situation, the gamers or Kimmel?
As far as I see it, this seems to be Kimmel's form of humour regardless of the target. However, the gamers involved are the ones who sent death threats and said some vile things because they got offended over an ill-recieved joke. They could have easily (figuratively) walked away and nothing would have changed.

While certainly not all gamers, quite a few seem to be hypersensitive to this sort of thing and act as if their hobby is under attack if a single negative word is uttered. Those individuals usually tend to be the same ones who then turn around and talk about how people get offended too easily. They're also the ones who tend to prove the stereotypes right.

Is Kimmel's idea of gamers outdated and offensive?
Outdated? Yes. Offensive? Not in the slightest.

Do you think this is the end of this whole situation?
I really hope so. If this creates another ME3 scenario or adds fuel to the GG fire then it will get downright ridiculous.

Is Elfgore the most sexy Escapist user?
Maybe. I vote that we hold a bikini contest to determine this. Yes, that includes the men.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I'm over 30 and have a job.

I found that video funny.

I also enjoyed Pixels.

eh, no wonder I don't feel like the demographic they make games for anymore.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Secondhand Revenant said:
Lufia Erim said:
Pretty much my thoughts on it. I don't know if I'd go so far as immature manchildren over this, but something along those lines for that kind of reaction at a mildly funny joke. (I find the concept hilarious but the execution just made me grin a bit)
It doesn't matter if people find it funny or not.he is the host of a comedy show, it's not like he was a news anhor on the daily news. Hes a comedian and decided to make a joke about lets plays. Big fucking whoop. He makes fun of many things. Thats hos job